“The best way to enjoy Zion”

Majestic View Lodge
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed at other places in Springdale on past visits to Zion, but once we tried Majestic View Lodge it quickly became the only choice for us. Each time we've stayed there, the rooms were clean and comfortable, the food was good and the staff were very kind and helpful. The balcony is a great place to sip a cup of coffee and read or take in the view. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Upper floors have the best view and tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Ours was a nice room, the bed was comfortable and the view was wonderful. Amenities were adequate and the staff was friendly enough. We stayed on the top floor and had no problem with noise. Thought it to be expensive but I think most places on that road were comparable. Being able to sit out on the private balcony at night watching the stars was a bonus. Nice location not far from town and the park, and having the shuttle steps away added to the convenience. The restaurant was very disappointing. It was very expensive for an obviously frozen piece of fish.

Room Tip: Based on our experience and other reviews I think it wise to get a top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Not sure who got the majestic view. We made our reservations over 6 months in advance and ended up with two basement rooms across the street and down a flight of stairs for about $170.00 a night. There is no elevator, so we ended up lugging bags down and up. Majestic view of shrubs and a privacy wall. The only advantage is that there is little street noise or artificial light down in the bunkers at night.
The staff is stiff and unaccommodating. If you show up any time before check in, they will send you packing even if your rooms have been cleaned days before you get there. Don’t request a room change.
Apparently the air conditioning had been poorly engineered. There are warning signs that the temperature cannot be set below 74, or leakage will occur into the room. The windows cannot be opened and there are no screens on the patio door. Enjoying the cool night air is out of the question if you don’t want critters in your room.
The rooms are nicely decorated and pleasant. And the shuttle to the park and town is just out the door. (and up the steps if you are in the cellar suites) It is actually more convenient to hop on the shuttle and go to town than trudge across the street and up the hill to the main lodge. The meals in town seemed to be a much better value than the lodge restaurant.
The hotel is the last stop on the shuttle line, so getting a seat is virtually guaranteed, even on peak days.

Room Tip: Upper floor across the street from main complex should be better than the basement. There are fac...
6  Thank PeteDubya
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Rooms are very nice, with rustic log furniture. View is great & hotel is very close to Zion. There is no continental breakfast but rooms have fridges. This was our splurge night for hotels at $179 / night with tax and we were on the first floor. Unfortunately, the walls are thin. We had uncourteous people upstairs, with kids running along the balconies outside and people talking loudly & thumping around from 10:30 am to 2 am. Wasn't able to sleep even with earplugs & the A/C on.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs (there are only 2 floors).
2  Thank Iowana
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Wonderful find. View is awesome. Room was comfortable and clean-done in a rustic theme (not my thing) Hot tub was awwww so wonderful after a long day of hiking and topped off with a view. laundry room was steps from my room. We also ate a the restaurant there-very nice!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The property is just outside of Springdale as you approach from the west. Nicer lay-out with some handicap-accessable rooms. The rooms are a good size, with small refrigerator. The bathroom sink area is a bit cramped, but the private tub and toliet area is spacious. The rooms and property had a western "feel". However, be aware that wood creaks and the rooms could use a bit more sound proofing. You can hear your upstairs neighbors walking across the floor. The gift shop and "museum" are enjoyable. They have a micro-brewery on premises. The restaruant has AMAZING fiews from almost every table and outside dining is available. The portion sizes for the seafood pasta and chicken dishes my wife and I ordered were huge and we could have easily split one meal. The pool has a great view of the hills. The Springdale shuttle has its first & last stops in front of the property, making trips to Zion Park very convenient. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The parking lot fills up at night and parking can get tough. Come early and you'll be fine.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family stayed there in February and March 2012. We had two rooms each time, one for the kids and one for my husband and me. On the February stay, my four children complained of itching and had bite marks on there arms, top of there feet, legs, and stomach that where in set of three. And so did my husband and I as well! This happened in the four nights that we where there. It didn't happen all at once with each person but each one of us had all experienced it at different times during the stay. My husband and I just thought it was spider bite due to it being spring and being in the desert. But on the next stay in March the same thing happened again. We stayed there four nights had two rooms and it happened again! My advice to everyone is.... to make sure they have the problem taken care of before you stay there. There rooms are not cheap! however they are very nice. We loved staying there and had been doing it since it first opened. I contacted them two times and was told they haven't had any reports of bed bug problems, but they would have the manager contact me.Which they never did contact me and now I wont stay there ever! This has cost me a lot of money and time.I have had to have pest control and replace all my mattresses. It's been two months since this has happened and I'm still dealing with the problem. I'm not the type of person that complains but I can't let this go! This is ridiculous! and I certainly don't want anyone have to go through what we have. I'm not the only one that has complained about this, there's been other complaints about this problem.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family