“Very clean, safe, and close to Zion NP - Good HOT Breakfast”

Quality Inn & Suites Montclair
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Seneca, South Carolina
“Very clean, safe, and close to Zion NP - Good HOT Breakfast”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

An older Quality Inn, but very well maintained. Beautiful views and very close to the park entrance. On the pricey side, but everything else is here as well. Nice hot breakfast, very pleasant breakfast room. Free Wi-Fi, but it is slow. Don't expect to upload any pictures. Pool area very clean, but it does close at dark - there are no lights out there. Also, on 9/15/2012, the water in the pool was extremely cold, but I think that was due to the cold nights prior to our arrival.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This motel is close to the entrance of the national park, shuttle stops, shops, and restaurants. It's average -- nothing fancy. It has a nice pool and jacuzzi that is open until dusk. They serve a full breakfast including scrambled eggs and sausage, and they have a Belgian waffle iron. The staff are very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank camamare
la verne
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here with my two kids this summer and we had such a great time! I am extremly picky about rooms being clean, and I thought our room was very clean! The staff was so friendly and we felt very safe staying here alone. I would stay here again without a doubt and my kids loved the beautiful pool and breaskfast! This is a great place to stay and close to everything you need!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This hotel was super clean and the breakfast was great. Billy, the lady running the breakfast was friendly and attentive. The eggs were fresh, along with the coffee. I would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Quality Inn & Suites Montclair located in Springdale, Utah was a nice value and a comfortable stay while visiting Zion National Park. Let's be honest, if you are hanging out in your hotel room all day in Springdale, you are not vacationing in the right spot! Our time was spent touring the area, or hiking "the narrows" of Zion. What a beautiful place! We used the hotel as a place to sleep. The hotel was very clean. Both the rooms and the grounds were meticulously maintained. The area was quiet, and in the evening, the pool and hot tub were a great place to unwind after an invigorating day up in the park. The continental breakfast was adequate, and the staff was all very friendly and courteous. My ONLY complaint was the in room air conditioning unit. Now, I am a light sleeper, so maybe I am a bit picky, but this sucker sounded like a train was coming through the room. So, we just left it on all day to cool the room down, and before we slid into bed, we just turned it off. It was not too bad (hot) by morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed there in July 2012. Nice location that wasn't smack dab in the middle of town but the shuttle buses run so frequently you are there in less than 2 min. Just a few to Zion entrance. Breakfast was good and internet worked great. Would stay there again

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are great
Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Churchville, Maryland
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Review ***** This was a great hotel experience located a mile or so from the entrance to Zion National Park. We used this hotel as a base to visit both Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. You can tour Bryce by your own automobile, but you must tour Zion using Zion’s free shuttle bus located inside the park. The town of Springdale runs a free shuttle that will pick you up at a stop right across the street to the Quality Inn and take you directly to the Zion Visitors Center. This hotel is within walking distance of numerous eateries and shops. It has an outstanding view of Zion from the back of the hotel.

Our room (king bed) was very clean, spacious and came with all the amenities you would expect to have in your room. The room also had a sofa bed. The staff at the hotel was outstanding. Due to a late flight from the East Coast, we did not arrive to the property until 2:00 AM (after the office was closed.) I called and spoke to Lisa before our flight left Baltimore and she assured me that they would leave our room keys and information about the area and that we would have no issues getting into our room. Lisa left a nice packet of information with a hand written detailed map on how to get to our room, where to park and lots of other information regarding shuttles, wi-fi, breakfast, etc. We checked into the hotel when the office opened in the morning and Ellen was extremely friendly and provided a wealth of information about the area.

My only suggestion for improvement, and it would not affect my decision to stay there in the future would be to add more variety to the free continental breakfast each day. There were the same choices each day we were at breakfast. Please know that the breakfast was fine with both hot and cold food, but I would have liked some variety.

Almost all of my comments about this property would be positive. Great location, very quiet, clean, roomy, comfortable beds and furniture, plenty of parking (I hate when I get back to a hotel late and there is no where to park), AC works great, nice outdoor pool and considering it is located at Zion very reasonably priced. I stayed at the entrance to the Grand Teton’s last year at a Quality Inn and felt like I was ripped off. This hotel’s AAA rate was very reasonable and I was very satisfied about the value received for the price paid versus other hotels in Springdale. If we come back, we WILL definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple