“Nice People, Nice Views, Clean”

Quality Inn & Suites Montclair
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The other person posted it was too expensive. Yes, $97 + can be considered expensive maybe compared to an area like Vegas. However, coming from Jackson Hole, you have to remember you are in a gateway town to a National Park. If you want cheaper, camp! In fact, they have a safe campground right on this property. I would have camped but it would have been too much gear to carry on my plane. I shopped this rate before booking and found it the most affordable w/a free breakfast which was important. I even got a cheaper rate than online when I called them. I drove in from Vegas, and was even able to get a check in 2 hours earlier! You have the shuttle right outside your door, as well as Zions Adventure Company if you want to get outfitted for a river walk down the narrows. I found everyone there extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served in a small restaurant next door (which by the way - turns into a great burger joint for lunch/dinner). So if you are looking to sit down and read a paper at a table by yourself while enjoying some coffee/breakfast, that's not going to happen. I had to share a table. But no worries, most people are there to eat and head into the park. The room/linens are clean. I didn't use the small pool but saw several people laying out during the day which could be a nice respite during hotter months.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 October 2009

Whilst the room was okish (one cockroach found in bathroom quickly dispatched) for the price the breakfast was well below par. This "breakfast" consisted of stale bread, inedible sausages, yogurts stored in the fridge with the foil punctured and congealed yogurt oozing out (take a tip, the best before date only applies if the foil is intact!).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Misanthropos
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I had reserved at a different hotel, but I'm glad I switched. The room was large, with a sitting area. Free breakfast was great, with waffles, egg patties, cereal, toast, etc.
The internet was wired, but fast and free. (If you have two computers, you can't surf at once, unless you set up an ad hoc wireless network)
Very clean property.
Springdale itself is a great town -- lots of artsy shops and nice restaurants. And Zion is a beautiful park, and you get a great view from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2009

The Zion shuttle has pick up drop off spots directly in front of hotel. Our room was nice and clean. Nothing to fancy but we spent most if our time at the park. Continental breakfast was good. Sausage, eggs and waffles were available. Did notice the pool was rather small but we didn't swim

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Can't go wrong with this Quality Inn. All QI's should strive to be like this one. About 1 1/2 miles from entrance of Zion National Park. Rooms are very clean, w/ refrig and microwave, and large spotless bathrooms. No problem with parking, and internet was free . Free breakfast was good, waffles, eggs sausage, oj, yogurt etc. . Restaurants and shops close by. If going to Zion leave car here, and take free shuttle to park entrance. Then transfer to tram tour for Zion. Much easier than having to search for a space and then walk 2 or 3 blocks.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We had a wonderful stay - our room was clean and nice and the price is very reasonable for the area. The pool was perfect and the location of the hotel was great - we were able to take the free shuttle to and from Zion and around Springdale very easily - the staff were super-friendly and helpful with everything. I highly recommend this hotel if you're staying in Springdale. Only problem - the internet is not wireless - you have to plug in, but not a big deal, there are cafes in town with wireless.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Let me start by writing that I travel a lot for work and in my business travels I stay at the moderate priced and type of hotels that offer business traveler amenities. Since this trip was a vacation and due to the economy we had to be reasonable with our expenses. My first priority in any hotel is for it to be clean and bug free. The Quality Inn Montclair Suites met those expectations. The hotel was very clean, bug free, well maintained and well worth its price.

Since we are hikers and it being July we were up and out of the hotel each morning by 7am so we did not participate in the hotel's breakfast. They do offer several outdoor bbq pits so feel free to do an outdoor cookout.

Two downsides were the phones were difficult to use. Local calls are free and information in the room states long distances charges will be billed to your room if you don't have a calling card. My cell phone did not work in the area and we wanted to reserve an outing in Bryce Canyon. We ended up using a pay phone (which is not located on the property). The second downside was the information given to me by the office on the local shuttle. I had the park service official guide with the shuttle times. The front desk told me the shuttle ran every 10 minutes starting at 5:30am. This was incorrect as we found out waiting 45 minutes the next morning. The front office should have a small shuttle schedule available to guests.

As for its location I've read other reviews complaining about the hotel's distance from town. Town is approx. 1 mile away and the shuttle is great. So I'd say, walk, bike, drive or ride the shuttle as there are pick up and drop off points on or near the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends