“Great location and room...better staff!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites Montclair
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
rfarrell1984
“Great location and room...better staff!!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We rolled into Zion late at night on our corss country trip in October looking for a last minute room to stay in. Rene, the Manager on Duty, was EXTREMELY helpful to us. We were looking for something a bit cheaper and she was willing and able to reccommend some other options. After searching around and only coming up with a few "no vacancies" and some over-priced accomodations we went right back to see Rene. Despite being more expensive than we originally wanted to pay we were glad we stayed here. Well worth the money, the breakfast was nice, and Rene is a saint! Thanks for a great stay in Springdale, UT!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Ontario
Reviewed 16 November 2009

After a beautiful room at the Best Western Grand Hotel in Bryce Canyon, we ended up here when our travels took us south to Zion. It was not nearly as plush and beautiful as our previuos hotel room, so perhaps we were feeling a bit spoiled. For the same amount of money as we paid for the BW, It was a typical room, with comfortable beds and included a nice sitting area with a couch. Everything was very clean, but a little tired-looking and old. The customer service was truly wonderful, though, I have to admit. From check-in to check-out, they made sure our stay was wonderful, and catered to our change of plans. The breakfast left much to be desired for, I'm afraid. They did have waffles, which a kind woman made for us (again great customer service). The yogurt had "expired" the day before, the coffee wasn't the best (I threw it away), and the egg patties were exactly that "patties" - kind of weird. I didn't eat the sausage, but my husband seemed to enjoy it. I would consider going back if I got another good deal, since most of the time is spent in the park anyway, and the customer service made up for what was lacking in other departments. I recommend if you live in Southern California or will be taking the 15 south, that the last night of your stay in Zion after the daylight is gone, plan on leaving that night and driving 3 hours to Vegas to stay there. Not much night life at all in Zion, and way better food choices. Plus, you've cut your commute time going home the next day and can spend a few more vacation hours having fun :)

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 7 November 2009

We stayed here two nights. We didn't have aresevation but the first night was no problem becuase it was a weekday. When we decided to stay another night the staff were really helfpul and moved us to a non reseved room (with jacuzzi!) for the same price as our first standard room. Beuatiful views form all the rooms and a cooked breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
none
Reviewed 27 October 2009

I was looking for a clean, comfortable, quiet place to stay that wasn't going to break the bank. I certainly found it here. The front desk was staffed by a friendly and welcoming lady who happily provided recommendations for places to eat in Springdale.

The room (King bed with lounge area with desk and office chair, cable TV, fridge, microwave and coffee maker) was huge and clean. The bed was comfortable. The wifi worked well and the free hot breakfast was an unexpected bonus. Had it not been October I might even have given the small pool a whirl.

The plentiful furnishings were standard motel style and in average condition, though comfortable, and the heater/AC unit a little on the noisy side, but the bathroom and decor were spotless and like new. The suite was well laid out and being on the ground floor seemed to be accessible for people with limited mobility (hand rails etc in the bathroom).

At $90 + tax I was very happy to have taken the time to continue through Springdale and come across this one. Next time I come to Zion I;'ll be sure to book into the Montclair Quality Inn.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
israel
Reviewed 12 October 2009

just great for the money, service very good, breakfast good and free, clean room. will hope to come again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Room was clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable and it was quiet. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was good, with waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal and yogurt.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Driggs, Idaho
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The other person posted it was too expensive. Yes, $97 + can be considered expensive maybe compared to an area like Vegas. However, coming from Jackson Hole, you have to remember you are in a gateway town to a National Park. If you want cheaper, camp! In fact, they have a safe campground right on this property. I would have camped but it would have been too much gear to carry on my plane. I shopped this rate before booking and found it the most affordable w/a free breakfast which was important. I even got a cheaper rate than online when I called them. I drove in from Vegas, and was even able to get a check in 2 hours earlier! You have the shuttle right outside your door, as well as Zions Adventure Company if you want to get outfitted for a river walk down the narrows. I found everyone there extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast is served in a small restaurant next door (which by the way - turns into a great burger joint for lunch/dinner). So if you are looking to sit down and read a paper at a table by yourself while enjoying some coffee/breakfast, that's not going to happen. I had to share a table. But no worries, most people are there to eat and head into the park. The room/linens are clean. I didn't use the small pool but saw several people laying out during the day which could be a nice respite during hotter months.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo