“Still a great place to eat!”
Review of Whiptail Grill

Whiptail Grill
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Southwestern, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Description: A green approach to fine food with a casual atmoshpere and price. Featuring Southwestern, Asian, Burgers, and Vegetarian fare. Everything housemade and prepared fresh daily. Beer and Wine menu available. Enjoy the large covered patio seating and the spectacular surrounding views of Zion National Park.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I ate here during one of my past trips to Zion, and I wanted to try it again. I have decided that the Whiptail Grill and the Bit and Spur are my two favorite places to eat dinner near Zion! On this trip I had the baja tacos. The flour tortillas were heated on the grill, which gave them an awesome toasty taste. The fish wasn't breaded or greasy. The grape salsa was very unique and went well with the fish. The side of greens with multiple house-made vinaigrettes to choose from, and the black beans, were also very tasty. All the food was so fresh! While the Bit and Spur is only open for dinner, Whiptail Grill is open for lunch and dinner. I highly recommend you try this place.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were staying in Springdale for five days and decided to try the Whiptail Grill based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were sooooooo happy we came here! The food was fresh, and tasty and the portions were huge! Our waiter was helpful and checked on us just enough.
We will totally return here when we visit Zion National Park again!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We chose to eat at this restaurant based off of reviews, and we were not lead astray.

The restaurant is located in what looks like a converted gas station. Diners may choose to be seated outside vs inside. The menu is short but boasts some creative options like spaghetti squash enchiladas.

I ordered the carne asada tacos and was not disappointed. Of note, they do offer a "fire" option with extra spice. I do love spicy food, and the regular option was quite spicy on its own. Presentation was spot on. Food was extremely flavorful with tender meat. Dishes are accompanied by healthy sides - a mixed field green salad with a tasty dressing and black beans. Yum yum yum!

Chicken enchiladas were delicious as well.

Service was a bit slow but they were busy. Bathroom needs improvement...you need a key to go around the side of the building (set up is not changed from prior gas station configuration) and use the 1 toilet restroom, dimly lit restroom.

Overall I wish we would have returned to this place rather than venture out to some of the other subpar restaurants in the area...

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We wanted to try this place due to the great reviews on trip advisor and that unique southwestern menu. We showed up on Friday night and of course it was super busy. We were able to sit inside and Matt our server acknowledged us very quickly! The kitchen was a little backed up so it took some time to get our food but Matt was very apologetic and he even offered us some free chips and salsa. We are health nuts so we declined the chips and salsa but just the fact that he offered it really made us feel good and understanding about wait time. When the food came out it was absolutely perfect! We Ordered the spaghetti squash enchiladas and the carne asada tacos and both were fabulous!! Matt was always available to answer questions and keep our waters refilled despite how busy it was. It was a great experience all around and the fantastic service and food made up for how busy it was. We will definitely recommend and come back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I both picked this place as our favorite meal during vacation. Service was friendly and every bite of my salad was fresh and delicious . We also really enjoyed the outdoor seating to soak up more of the surroundings while we ate!