“Room with a view !”
Review of Driftwood Lodge

Driftwood Lodge
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Great welcome upon check in.
Rooms are great, nicely decorated with taste, modern feel like with nice color scheme Stunning view of Zion Canyon
Top notch bedding with great pillow set.Towels size are too small, no bathrobe.
Erratic wifi that constantly drop ....

Lovely garden, a pool is set in the middle, pool chairs are not comfortable no mattress whatsoever you lay directly on the plastic with one small towel ...

Dinner experience is nice, you are told by the staff that this is the best restaurant in the region competing with Vegas.
They give you a coupon for a free starter if you order 2 entrees.... tacky marketing to me.
hmmmm they should take their chef to Vegas for a few meals

Setting is stunning !
Menu selection is not large, no daily specials every dish ordered was good but nothing to write home about.
We did try the spotted dog in town which was packed, less pretentious with better quality food great wine selection so overall a far better culinary experience.

Went for breakfast the following morning, and this was a huge disappointment.

menu is poor, no danish,pastries, croissants no freshly squeezed juices, no homemade jam, decent butter.
Tea selection is poor, eggs benefits took 25 mn to reach us and service is the worst I have experienced in years for breakfast.
The evening dinner team should do a proper training there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Driftwood Lodge

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We hadn't planned to visit the park, so were looking for a hotel at the last minute. We tried the Best Western but they were full they recommended the Driftwood. the Driftwood had 3 rooms available. So we looked at all 3 before deciding which to book.

They have 2 new buildings that have very nice new rooms with new bathrooms and pretty finishes. They are a little pricier and the one they had available only had 2 queen beds. Then we looked at another room in an older building. No view.

We chose a king suite that was on the second floor. It had an incredible view of the mountains! It had a balcony with some adirondack chairs and a small side table. We bought muffins at the grocery store and oj that we could keep overnight in the mi I frig in the room. There was a coffee maker and good coffee we brewed in the room to have with our muffins looking at the mountains. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Bed was comfortable. Room was nice and cool. Shower and toilet in a room off the king room with a vanity sink in the room. The microwave, frig and coffee maker are at one end of the vanity. The adjoining room had a sofa (which I assume was a sofa bed) and a couple of chirs and a table. Both rooms had large tv's but we never turned them on.

There is a shuttle bus that stops on the road at the hotel. You can take that to the park and it also stops along the way at the grocery and some retail areas. Very convenient. But I think it stops running at 10:00 p.m.

The woman at the front desk couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I believe her name was Judith. We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed in two different types of rooms.

The King Suites are nicel with a separate sitting room with TV and bedroom with another TV. Views extend right the way down Zion Canyon. They get a very good as they have a good layout.

The other type of room has two beds but if you are on the first floor are dark with just a patio.
The setup of these slightly cheaper rooms is odd with nothing quite being in the right place. These would just get a good rating.

Pool area is nice but only opens at 9am so not great if you want a morning swim.

The hotel is far if your walking from the entrance to the Park but the National Park Bus goes by every 7-15 minutes and stops right by the hotel.

Another annoying thing is that they do not serve breakfast so you have to go into town to find something to eat.

Room Tip: Pick a King Suite and always ask for a room on the second floor- first floor is really dark
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luischable
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I'm scratching my head reading these reviews. I can't believe that I stayed at the same place that everyone here is writing about. I'm thinking maybe I was stuck with an inferior room. Or, maybe because I'm from Vegas I may be spoiled, but "upscale" around these parts is very different than the likes of the Driftwood!

Stayed in the King Suite in the Watchman building. The view was amazing and we enjoyed sitting on the deck having our lunch, and at moonrise. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about the Driftwood.

The carpet was worn and stained, the bedding was shabby. The bathroom was so small that a sink simply would not fit in there. The windows were really dirty, couldn't even see out of one of them. The curtains were old. The decor was tacky and strangely placed, the furniture cheap and beaten up a bit. The "kitchen" had low end appliances and had to double as a bath for the sink.

I was expecting more for the $189 a night.

For me, it was eqivalent to taking a beach shack on the Jersey shore. It was "roughing it". I couldn't wait to get out of that room. And, I reasoned that I was there to see Zion, so it didn't matter much, but still, $189 for a dump....

We have another place booked for June, and I'm hoping the great reviews I read about it are true this time!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamie A
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife and had very much enjoyed our weekend at the Driftwood Lodge in Springdale (the front door to Zion N.P.). We had the good fortune of being the first guests in one of two new buildings just completed. Our signature king was perfect. What outstanding views. The service was very good and the on-site restaurant Parallel Eighty Eight was excellent. Springdale is a very small community. The Driftwood is right next to the Virgin River with easy access to all the region has to offer. We are already planning our return trip for the fall.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I really had low expectations for my stay as I am a picky person. I was pleasantly surprised with the lodge. It was very clean, updated and staffed by friendly people. The location is peaceful and has nice views. It is next to. A river and some pretty horses. The restaurant was excellent. It's a short 5 minute drive to Zion and there is a shuttle stop right outside the motel. The only negative is that the town of Springdale is pricey. Be prepared to spend or bring your own food. The grocery stores are small and really charge a lot since there is no competition.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 3kidsandacat
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Our recent trip to Driftwood Lodge was great. We stayed here with our adult sons and stayed in the "Family Suite". The rooms were clean and the views were pretty. There were friendly horses right on the property. We would recommend this hotel. The only negative was there was no place to have breakfast at the hotel, but there was plenty of choice in the area. We needed late check out and they took care of that. There is a shuttle bus stop right in front of the hotel to Zion which was a plus. We went to Cafe Soleil for breakfast and it was great, the people were very friendly. I would also recommend "The Flying Monkey" for dinner, the pizza's were delicious.

Room Tip: This was a beautiful hotel with nice views of Zion.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family