“U.Prucker - worth spending a few nights at the Driftwood Lodge Lodge” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driftwood Lodge

Driftwood Lodge
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Ortisei, Italy
“U.Prucker - worth spending a few nights at the Driftwood Lodge Lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you want to relax, feel real good and enjoy Zion National Park I do recommend the Driftwood Lodge; it is situated perfectly: in a large very quite green area with very well kept gardens all around the various buildings that house the rooms, and right where the Park bus stops, therefore making it very easy to reach both the town's center and the Zion Park's bus. The rooms are great and clean either with a terrace or a balcony, the owner and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I was there in May 2012 with two friends and as we felt so well there we decided to extend our stay. We are convinced that it is the best STAY one can get in Springdale and surroundings.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

To-date I have not been impressed with Springdale hotels given the prices charged. Driftwood Lodge is the best so far. I was very happy with the decor of our suite, the views, the big garden, access to the river, big windows that opened, the pool, and the location,

The bedroom in our King suite was perfect - beautifully decorated with a lovely view from the big window. However, the layout of the suite was not good. The living room was small. The kitchen area (microwave, frig) was in the bedroom. If I was up early I could not use the kitchen without disturbing my partner. The kitchen area had the bathroom sink but the bathroom itself was on the other side of the bedroom. The bathroom was small but sufficient.

Staff were friendly but not exceptional. When we went to dinner the hostess was in the restaurant having a chat so it was alkward situation. The bar staff did not engage in letting us know what to do - wait until the hostess came back or find our own table.

The restaurant was ambitious in its menu but the results were not so great. I can't recommend the food but we loved sitting outside looking across the field at the moon rising over the Zion cliffs.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Shillington pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed at the Driftwood Lodge for 4 nights May 19-23rd. First let me say that my mother passed away unexpectedly in April, we had this trip planned for a while and decided to go, although I was a little hesitant. The Driftwood Lodge was such a wonderful surprise. We were in room 302 King Room, with a beautiful view. I found such peace in Zion and the Driftwood. I will admit, I am a bit fussy about accomodations but there is not one thing I could complain about. The room and bathroom was very nice, and updated with a wonderful style, quiet, peaceful, and our room was taken care of daily. We had a microwave and fridge in our room which were brand new. I just can't say enough about this place. We had planned 2 nights in Las Vegas, we had never been there, but thought we should experience it, what a mistake, we really wished we could have stayed the 2 additional nights at the Driftwood, what a gem!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachGal2011
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Great welcome upon check in.
Rooms are great, nicely decorated with taste, modern feel like with nice color scheme Stunning view of Zion Canyon
Top notch bedding with great pillow set.Towels size are too small, no bathrobe.
Erratic wifi that constantly drop ....

Lovely garden, a pool is set in the middle, pool chairs are not comfortable no mattress whatsoever you lay directly on the plastic with one small towel ...

Dinner experience is nice, you are told by the staff that this is the best restaurant in the region competing with Vegas.
They give you a coupon for a free starter if you order 2 entrees.... tacky marketing to me.
hmmmm they should take their chef to Vegas for a few meals

Setting is stunning !
Menu selection is not large, no daily specials every dish ordered was good but nothing to write home about.
We did try the spotted dog in town which was packed, less pretentious with better quality food great wine selection so overall a far better culinary experience.

Went for breakfast the following morning, and this was a huge disappointment.

menu is poor, no danish,pastries, croissants no freshly squeezed juices, no homemade jam, decent butter.
Tea selection is poor, eggs benefits took 25 mn to reach us and service is the worst I have experienced in years for breakfast.
The evening dinner team should do a proper training there.

Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

We hadn't planned to visit the park, so were looking for a hotel at the last minute. We tried the Best Western but they were full they recommended the Driftwood. the Driftwood had 3 rooms available. So we looked at all 3 before deciding which to book.

They have 2 new buildings that have very nice new rooms with new bathrooms and pretty finishes. They are a little pricier and the one they had available only had 2 queen beds. Then we looked at another room in an older building. No view.

We chose a king suite that was on the second floor. It had an incredible view of the mountains! It had a balcony with some adirondack chairs and a small side table. We bought muffins at the grocery store and oj that we could keep overnight in the mi I frig in the room. There was a coffee maker and good coffee we brewed in the room to have with our muffins looking at the mountains. Couldn't have been more perfect.

Bed was comfortable. Room was nice and cool. Shower and toilet in a room off the king room with a vanity sink in the room. The microwave, frig and coffee maker are at one end of the vanity. The adjoining room had a sofa (which I assume was a sofa bed) and a couple of chirs and a table. Both rooms had large tv's but we never turned them on.

There is a shuttle bus that stops on the road at the hotel. You can take that to the park and it also stops along the way at the grocery and some retail areas. Very convenient. But I think it stops running at 10:00 p.m.

The woman at the front desk couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. I believe her name was Judith. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stayed in two different types of rooms.

The King Suites are nicel with a separate sitting room with TV and bedroom with another TV. Views extend right the way down Zion Canyon. They get a very good as they have a good layout.

The other type of room has two beds but if you are on the first floor are dark with just a patio.
The setup of these slightly cheaper rooms is odd with nothing quite being in the right place. These would just get a good rating.

Pool area is nice but only opens at 9am so not great if you want a morning swim.

The hotel is far if your walking from the entrance to the Park but the National Park Bus goes by every 7-15 minutes and stops right by the hotel.

Another annoying thing is that they do not serve breakfast so you have to go into town to find something to eat.

Room Tip: Pick a King Suite and always ask for a room on the second floor- first floor is really dark
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luischable
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I'm scratching my head reading these reviews. I can't believe that I stayed at the same place that everyone here is writing about. I'm thinking maybe I was stuck with an inferior room. Or, maybe because I'm from Vegas I may be spoiled, but "upscale" around these parts is very different than the likes of the Driftwood!

Stayed in the King Suite in the Watchman building. The view was amazing and we enjoyed sitting on the deck having our lunch, and at moonrise. Other than that, I have nothing good to say about the Driftwood.

The carpet was worn and stained, the bedding was shabby. The bathroom was so small that a sink simply would not fit in there. The windows were really dirty, couldn't even see out of one of them. The curtains were old. The decor was tacky and strangely placed, the furniture cheap and beaten up a bit. The "kitchen" had low end appliances and had to double as a bath for the sink.

I was expecting more for the $189 a night.

For me, it was eqivalent to taking a beach shack on the Jersey shore. It was "roughing it". I couldn't wait to get out of that room. And, I reasoned that I was there to see Zion, so it didn't matter much, but still, $189 for a dump....

We have another place booked for June, and I'm hoping the great reviews I read about it are true this time!

• 2 of 5 bubbles