“Gateway to Zion Ntl Park”
Review of Driftwood Lodge

Driftwood Lodge
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Rome, Georgia
“Gateway to Zion Ntl Park”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We selected Driftwood because it was close to the Park entrance and because it was reasonably priced. We were more than pleased with the accommodations. There was no breakfast available because the restaurant does not open until April. The coffee provided in the room was the best quality I have had in a " brew your own" pot in a room and we made do with cereal and yogurt in the room.. The room had two queen beds and was quite roomy. We really enjoyed our five nights there.

Room Tip: The highway is very quite at night so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2013

i thought given the price it was going to be more 'motel' like but i was wrong and happy about it! the rooms are big and gorgeous, super comfy bed, sitting chairs, really nicely done. little area with mocrowave and fridge etc.
didn't feel like a motel even though in single layer rooms.
front staff really friendly, one guy was giving us advice on the hikes and knew the area and was really helpful.
we were glad to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I booked four nights with this hotel through hotels.com. It was clearly stated that my card would not be charged until checkout. I called the hotel also in advance and confirmed this. But when I arrived, the night clerk informed me that they went ahead and charged my card before I even got there. They also said the hot tub wasn't working but that it would be fixed over the weekend. Four days went by and when I checked out it was still not working. The manager there refused to make any adjustments and did not seem to care that advertised amenities were not available. I also got two different stories from office personnel about when check out was. The room was clean and had a nice view, but I won't be coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed at the Lodge for two nights after staying in Vegas for three nights. Our Vegas hotel stay was miserable, so it was even more exciting to see how nice the rooms at Driftwood Lodge were when we opened the door. The room was spacious, the flat-panel TV was nice, the beds and pillows were comfortable with a nice suede comforter, and the bathroom was large, clean, and nicely organized. The Lodge was also in a great location with spectacular views of the mountains preceding Zion. I'd stay at the Driftwood Lodge again without question and strongly recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelinLuke
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Very good hotel with great views. Right next to the virgin river. Spacious rooms with free parking and wifi. Have a coin laundry too. Walk to supermarket . Will visit again. Peaceful location . No regrets.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Aspi123
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We visited in early December, so we practically had the town to ourselves. I'm so glad we chose to stay at the driftwood. The view from our king suite room was fabulous. The room itself was clean and nicely updated. We would stay here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Smithmill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I decided to go to Zion on a whim a few days before Saturday. For whatever reason almost all the hotels were booked full on Saturday night. The Driftwood had an opening so I took it. The staff at the front desk was absolutely as kind as could be upon check-in. My room was freshly remodeled and was pretty much perfect. Spotless clean, very roomy, fridge, microwave, and a nice flat screen. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever slept in! Another nice touch was the hot tub. It felt amazing after a fast hike up and down Observation point.

Room Tip: I stayed in "The Narrows" building. Very nice and private.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo