“If you imagine paradise...this would be it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Springdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“If you imagine paradise...this would be it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

On our recent trip to Zion National Park, we stayed 2 nights at Cliffrose Lodge in Springdale. The location is excellent, only just outside the Park boundary, 200 yards/metres from the Park Entrance. There is a bus stop just at the top of the street, close to the hotel - and buses into the park are frequent. (You can also get the bus back from the park to the hotel.
The room & balcony we had overlooked a huge rockface and beautifully maintained gardens. I wish I had a garden this good - the selection of plants was amazing!
The swimming pool and spa were both spotlessly clean and the location, surrounded by such lush vegetation was very impressive.

The room had 2 decent size flatscreen TV's (both 37" I think), one facing the king bed and the other facing the large sofa. There was a full-size fridge, which I much prefer to a mini-bar, so we could take ice to the room to mix drinks in the evenings whilst sat on the balcony admiring the vista.
The bathroom was well maintained, exceptionally clean.

The only thing I would recommend to the hotel to change was the fact that the toilets don't have a cover/lid and the towel rack is located immediately above the toilet. (We pulled a towel off the rack and other towels accidentally fell straight into the pan!)

Other than that, this place MUST get 5 Stars plus!

We will go back there, without doubt!

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom end of the car park face out onto the creek and have mountain views.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Amazing views any where on grounds. Amazing staff, prompt and courteous staff!!! and gardens are to die for " I mean strawberries to pick along the walk ways and fruit to pick right off of the trees:)" The BEST night of sleep I have ever had on trip EVER" Amazing beds":) I will return again.

Room Tip: Amazing beds and perfect feel to my room. WOW!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We loved this place! Spacious rooms for four of us.
View's are spectacular on porches and from pool.
We could walk to tubing, gardens and even Zion NP.
Loved the completely modernized rooms in a rustic atmosphere.
Saw a bobcat and moon rise between the peaks of Zion Mountainside
Well worth staying at and highly recommended

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
new haven, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We'd definitely stay here again. The location is perfect. It takes just a couple of minutes to walk into the park. Only downside, and it's small, is that the rooms are a little dark.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed for three nights in late July. Canyon view room with balcony was superb, beds were the most comfortable we have had on our travels, pool was great for kids and adults alike. Being able to walk to the Park Entrance and then use the shuttle buses was convenient as no need to drive that day and no traffic congestion in the Park. Shuttle ran frequently, max 5 min wait at most at each stop. Springdale a nice town with plenty of shops, places to eat etc... 3D cinema near Park Entrance also. Would definitely return to the Cliffrose.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

The hotel is great. Very good location. Can walk into the park and the IMAX theater. On the river and has a little beach. Front desk staff was helpful for reservation and while at the hotel.

Room Tip: Loved the room on the river
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was extraordinarily lucky to get a room at the Cliffrose at the end of June 2011, given that I called just a couple of weeks before our trip. Of course, everything was booked around the area, and it just so happened that there had been a last-minurte cancellation at this amazing place. I am very happy that the only available room was the two-beedroom apartment, which was really one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in anywhere (see pics.) I would put the quality of this particular accommodation type (there are also many other types of rooms here, some in much older buildings) at or above the level of some five-satr properties that I have visited. Readers should take note that I am reviewing the two-bedroom units in the newest part of this property, which were completed just a couple of years ago. I did not see the rooms in the older buildings (from the 1980s), but I suspect, given the reviews, that they are also very nice.

The first impression that I had of the Cliffrose Lodge and Gardens was the stunning landscape and the unbeatable views of the rock cliffs and walls of Zion Canyon. I arrived at the Lodge with my wife and two children at about noon, so our room was not ready yet. No problem, we enjoyed a picnic in the gorgeous garden, took a little stroll along the Virgin River (the property has direct access to it), and then spent a couple of hours at the beautiful pool area.

When our room was ready at 3:00, we were hardly prepared for what lay before our eyes when we opened the door. In a word, it was absolutely first-rate -- very large, extremely attractive, and with a view to beat all views. The two-bedroom unit included a large dining area, a well equipped kitchen (stove, microwave, fridge, dishwasher, etc. No oven, though) with stainless steal appliances, a nice sitting area with view through large glass doors/windows, two beautiful bedrooms, and two full baths. The large balcony with table and chairs for outdoor dining and stargazing was the icing on the cake. We especially enjoyed the location of our room (#45 I think) as it was in the middle of the building and thus had more shade than the corner units (see pic. of balcony).

Everything about this unit was excellent: tasteful and comfortable furniture, very comfortable beds, spacious and well-appointed bathrooms, three flat-screen TVs, etc. Add to this the amazing grounds and views (hard to describe, really), and the lovely pool area and you have a perfect place to stay. Oh, did I mention that the Cliffrose is just about 200 yards from the entrance to Zion National Park and the visitor's center where you can catch the shuttle that takes you into the park?

One thing that I did find a bit odd about our unit was that the master bedroom faced the parking lot (at least it's attractive as far as parking lots go), and the other bedroom (with two queen beds) enjoyed the stunning view. This is not so much a complaint as a useful observation. We had no problem with this as my wife and I opted to stay in the room with the view!!

As I did not have the opportunity to visit other lodging in the area, I can't really compare this to the other nearby options. however, I really doubt if there is anything better in the Zion vicinity than the two-bedroom units at Cliffrose. At around $300/night, they are a great deal for what you get.

The Cliffrose is a real winner. Stay here if you can.

Room Tip: Get a two-bedroom suite in one of the new buildings!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cable Mountain Lodge
Flanigan's Inn
#5 of 17 in Springdale
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Been to Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens? Share your experiences!