“Very special place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
fl
“Very special place”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights with the Clifrose folk, they were very knowledgable about the area, The room was very nice, confortable beds and pillows, nice big dovet covers, and the view MAGICAL. They have a wonderful pool and jacuzzi, which was much appreciated after a long day of hicking. The grounds are covered in beautiful plants and flowers and of course roses.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the least expensive rooms and it was wonderful, I believe they all have a great...
1 Thank ourjules

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Carson, California
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I was planning on staying here while vacationing in Zion, however while I was making my reservation the young man failed to ask me how many nights I needed and how many rooms before taking my credit card info. when I advised him that I'd need 2 rooms for 3 nights he said they didn't have that available at that time. I told him to please cancel my reservations then and I would look elsewhere. this was at least a month to 45 days prior to my trip. I neither got an email confirming nor canceling this reservation. I did however receive a phone call from the same young man around 9pm on the night I would have been checking in had I made the reservations. I kindly told him that I had cancelled my reservations in the same call that I had made them and that I had spoke to him. he said he sort of remembered that and we hung up. I just checked my credit card statement and found a charge for $190 for the cliffrose!!! I will be contacting my credit card tomorrow and disputing the charge! Such fraud!!

Send to a Frie

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Amy B
cliffrose1, General Manager at Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Hello,

To anyone who may read this review. I have gone over this review with my staff, and done extensive research into this. Neither me or any of my staff are familiar with this situation. We like any business do make a mistake from time to time, and if we do we do absolutely everything we can to fix it immediately. We would never try to steal anyone's money under any circumstance. Because I can't tell from TripAdvisor who this person is it is difficult to fully understand the situation, however no one has attempted to contact me with such an issue. We did have a reservation made under a name that possibly matches this, and that reservation was cancelled and fully refunded to the credit card we had on file well before this review was posted online. I have called and emailed that guest to try and clarify this, but have not received a response. My personal contact info is always available, and guests or potential guests can request to talk to me via phone as well. Please take the time to read through other reviews posted about our property and please free to contact me directly or any of my staff with any questions or concerns you may have.

(If the person who wrote this review could please contact me, so that I can figure out what prompted this review I would greatly appreciate it)

Breck Docktader

breck@cliffroselodge.com
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Due to the Gov't. shutdown in Oct. we switched our reservation from Zion Lodge in the National Park to Cliffrose. We stayed in a Canyon view room, and the view was fantastic-right from our room and outdoor patio. And after a full day of hiking their pool and hot tub were the perfect way to relax at the end of the day. Even though they do not have a restaurant, there are nice eateries within walking distance. The staff was friendly and the facilities were clean and comfortable. We would highly recommend Cliffrose for anyone visiting Zion. It's better than staying in the park-more affordable and you have the same beautiful scenery. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view-it's worth it.
2 Thank AnnandTom
New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed in Sept. 2013. The only thing more beautiful than the grounds and gardens are the spectacular views of the cliffs surrouding the Cliffrose. Our room was on the first floor and all of them come with a small patio area with seating. There is always complimentary hot tea/coffee available in the office. The staff is friendly and helpful, always willing to give advice on local eateries. We tried Wildcat Willie's, the food was great and the portions hugh (try the ribs.) But best of all, the Zion Park visitor's center is within walking distance! There you can get a shuttle and ride through the canyon. We highly recommend this gem. But remember, call well in advance, it fills up quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teamsja
vancouver
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were some of the many caught up in the National Park closures. When Utah made the decision to re-open at their expense, we decided to back-track and at least try to take in Zion Park. Good decision.
Because of the circumstances, the Cliffrose Lodge gave us a better rate on a patio room. They included breakfast at the coffee shop next door. All appreciated! The room was clean, well equipped, and faced some incredible scenery from its patio. There was a pool and hot-tub, which we didn't have time to use.
Service was welcoming and helpful. Location was great, close to the entry to Zion.

1 Thank mossyme
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Zion is magical all in itself, but Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens just added the special touches to our trip! We ended booking our room last minute and still got a wonderful room. Service was great, and the view was breathtaking, right on the creek. Honestly its one of our favorite places we've stayed. Its worth every penny! They really take the time and effort to make their grounds beautiful!

Room Tip: They are all nice!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank unitedmom7
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Cliffrose Lodge is very nice and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Since this was our first visit, we didn't know what to expect. We were very pleased with the accommodations and location. Rooms on the upper level provide better vistas. A nice feature of Cliffrose Lodge, most everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: For a better view of the scenery, choose an upper floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cable Mountain Lodge
SpringHill Suites Springdale Zion National Park
Zion Lodge
Zion Lodge
#1 of 2 in Zion National Park

Been to Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens? Share your experiences!