Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Desert Pearl Inn(Springdale)
Zion Park Motel(Springdale)
Bumbleberry Inn(Springdale)
1,967 results
All reviewsthe riverhummingbird feederszion national parkpark entrancehot tubtwo bedroom suiteshort walkhumming birdsbeautiful groundsvisitor centercafe soleilcanyon viewmule deerbreakfast burritowithin walking distanceriverside suiteshuttle buses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My first stay in Utah & first stay at Cliffrose lodge. I read all reviews of this motel & decided to stay i was warmly greeted by the staff & found the grounds beautiful in places, our room was clean & yes i did smell some sort of cleaning product, but it was not bad. Ok this is petty, but i tried to have a conversation with kimerie the owner or manager at breakfast one beautiful morning and she blew me off, & started to have a conversation with another group 1 table over from us. A couple saw what she did to me & said they were sorry for her rudeness. All i wanted to say to her was the COFFEE was AWESOME what blend was it! I know she is busy with other guest & i'm not important to her but a little kindness goes a long way! My wife does not want to come back, but i believe in forgiveness, I will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mcmt85
cliffrose1, General Manager at Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello,

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to the service issue. I have sent this guest a private message profoundly apologizing for what happened. I also went over the review with Kimarie. Until reading this review I have heard nothing but great things regarding her customer service. We are hopeful this was an isolated and very unfortunate misunderstanding. She is also profoundly sorry for what took place.

Customer service is our top priority here. We want to make sure that each guest feels just as important as the next. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly. My email address is listed below.

Breck Dockstader

breck@cliffroselodge.com

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from spending a night at the Cliffrose Lodge and that was way too short. Though we spent most of our time hiking and exploring Zion, we still had time to relax in the hot tub and play in the swimming pool. There's a separate enclosed shower area with warm water and a place to change should you decide to pop in early before check-in. We stayed in a King size room which had a separate area for a sleeper sofa that was ok for our child to sleep on. Two separate hdtv's was sufficient to make everyone happy. Right across the street is a Thai restaurant and a Subway. Looking out our back porch one could see the hummingbirds with the sandstone mountains serving as a backdrop to the river. As mentioned in other reviews the National park visitor center is a few hundred yards from the Lodge, making it really convenient. The lodge just started serving breakfast which included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, muffins, yogurt, granola, cereal and some fruit. They just started this service and asked our opinion of which we made some recommendations. The check-in area was new and adequately furnished for a small group with self served coffee and tea. (they brought out cookies too!) The staff was pleasant and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a great lodge, like a high-end motel which exceeded our expectations. It is well located in the town of Springdale walking distance to restaurants, shops and closest to the entrance of Zion National Park. GREETING - We were greeted warmly by the front desk staff who were all great. Super nice and helpful. There is tea/coffee, water and sugar cookies available all day in the lobby.
THE ROOM - We had a Canyon View Single King Bed room. The room was clean with fresh fluffy towels, robes provided, and a beautiful view of the gardens, pool and canyon.
GARDENS, POOL & HOT TUB - These are located at the back of the hotel and offer a quiet sanctuary away from the highway traffic. The pool and hot tub were well maintained and a welcome feature after a long day of hiking.
BREAKFAST - Breakfast is included and includes standard fare, toast, mini muffins, croissants, english muffins, yogurt, cereals, great organic coffee, hot scrambled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, bacon and veggie sausage. Apples and oranges are provided and good to put in your back pack for your hiking adventure. Nothing fancy but good enough to give you a good start.
STAFF - They were great! They are casual, friendly and attentive. I left a jacket behind and they were very helpful in trying to help me find it.
OVERALL - Highly recommended if you are planning to visit Zion!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our family spent 3 days at the Cliffrose Lodge last weekend. It was much too short. We swam, played in the river, took walks around the gardens, relaxed in the hot tub, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, ate and played games on our fully furnished patio - and never left the Cliffrose Lodge. The view is breathtaking. The staff went above and beyond when we needed sticks for roasting over the campfire. My son commented that the view was like looking at a beautiful painting. The views in every direction are breathtaking and the Cliffrose is located within walking distance of the entrance of Zion National Park. It was a perfect vacation!

Room Tip: Our family stayed in brand new units with a fully equipped kitchen, one room with a king-sized bed, plus two rooms with two queen-sized beds each. They were just NE of the lobby. Perfect for a family.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had such a wonderful stay at Cliffrose. Our room was pleasant and clean. The maid staff was lovely handling requests and demeanor. The gardens were lovely. They were still working on adding more while we were there. The location could not be beat. How lovely to just walk by the river a short distance to the park! The breakfast coupons were great as we loved the cafe next to us. The pool area was delightful and clean. The hot tub had lovely garden foliage around it. . I liked that there was a pretty, clean well equipped shower by the pool. Everything was so nice and pleasant.Check in was easy and convenient. There were just two of us but it also seemed like such a great place for larger groups with the bonfire option down by the river. We loved having the chairs down by the river for reading. Plenty of dining within walking distance ( I accidentally hit 'excellent' review for fitness area. I did not go to it so I have no idea what that is actually like.) Definitely a great value for a reasonable amount to pay. I would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: For the most quiet/less busy area, choose further from the pool and over by the river. However we were closer to the pool and it was quite enjoyable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family