It's immediately clear why this rates as the best place in town. The decor is tasteful, modern (with a Western flavor), and comfortable. The location is fabulous, with rooms that open up to either a terrace or right onto a grassy decent to the river. It looks like a motel that was remodeled by someone who spared no expense or planning in making it the best it could possibly be in this fairly remote location of Springdale. It is just a few minutes from Zion National Park. There isn't a restaurant on site, but it does offer a large pool. The simple elegance of the rooms, and the view on the riverbed make this place really inviting.
They pay attention to detail, and appear to be very ecologically aware. The air conditioning units are quieter (and newer) than most, and are installed outside, separate from the room itself. That means your stay in quieter.
A selection of organic teas can be found in the room. Nice dishes were found in the cupboards, an up-to-date flat-screen TV with a surprising number of channels (not that you'll want to watch while you're here), good sized fridge, and a small, easy to use safe. In short, we liked this place so much we extended our stay within minutes of arrival, and cancelled a night in Vegas - even though we were warned that it was supposed to rain the second day. (It did)
Note that if you plan on hiking trails in the Park, you'll need to take a free shuttle that stops just a few feet from the front of the Desert Pearl.
The staff is extremely friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. This place doesn't just feel relaxing, it feels smart. Extremely pleased. Book in advance. It fills up quickly, with good reason. One last thing: I hesitate to use the term "motel", but that is what it is, technically, as you shouldn't expect room service, an on-site restaurant or some of the other amenities of an hotel. Keep your expectations realistic, and you'll be very pleasantly surprised. You park in front of your room door, and walk in to a fabulous room. VHS vids are available at the desk, and there are plenty of restaurants and gift shops down the road. Your best bet is to visit Sol Food Market and Hardware (see review) nearby, and eat in your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique motel on the river's edge just 3/4 mi. from the entrance to Zion National Park. All artfully appointed rooms and suites are nonsmoking with numerous upscale amenities and excellent views of Zion's majestic cliffs from every private terrace or balcony. Our large outdoor swimming pool and hot tub will soothe away sore muscles after a day of hiking. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the property as well as a centrally-located guest laundry. A shuttle stop is conveniently located at the front of the inn adjacent to an on-site restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Desert Pearl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Pearl Hotel Springdale
- Desert Pearl Motel
- Desert Pearl Inn Springdale, Utah