“Really Enjoyed It”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Really Enjoyed It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a circle tour of the parks from Las Vegas. We were surprised how large our 2nd floor room was, absolutely loads of spacd, with a good sized balcony overlooking the pool.

The pool itself was great. A good size, with enough sunbeds that never got full when we were there. The jacuzzi was the hottest we've ever experienced, quite something on a 40°C day.

We had a look at the river view section, but to be honest preferred the pool view, as it had more action, although was never too noisy despite quite a few children.

Having completed our clockwise trip from LV, our only regret is that we didn't end it at the Desert Pearl, as we found that more relaxing than finishing in flagstaff and LV.

It was particularly pleasant to get the 6am bus into the park and then have the afternoon to relax by the pool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brigadoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
los angeles,ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

For at least 15 years we have been going to the Desert Pearl with our family-sometimes as many as 16 persons in all. It is a wonderful place-right on the river where our grandchildren love to wade. The rooms are kept immaculately and up to date.One small criticism-We were in Room 605. We found that the bed needs a new mattress-too soft. We usually stay in a riverside suite, but we were too late in making the reservation. We probably should have notified management, but there didn't seem to be time. The pool area is clean with many lounge chairs and umbrellas. The staff has always been welcoming and professional. Will we be back next year?Absolutely!

Room Tip: WE likekk the premium deluxe river suites. WE like the ground floor as we can easily access the rive...
1 Thank mflickermd
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've had my mind set on staying at Desert Pearl Inn for my next visit to Zion. I finally made it back and was able to book a room. We stayed on the first floor with a pool view. It was absolutely perfect. Our patio opened up to a grassy area where kids would go out to play and to the left was the pool. The room was clean, large, and with all of the necessary amenities to make it a comfortable stay. We brought our own food and were able to eat breakfast and lunch in our cute dining area. The room has a toaster, coffee maker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and all of the necessary utensils to eat in, even wine glasses! Seems like management has thought of all of necessary amenities! I read that if you stay on the first floor, it's noisy- I have to disagree.. We never heard any of our neighbor's footsteps and of course, we did hear a few laughter here and there from the kids playing outside, but that's expected in an hotel.. I wondered around the property to see what the difference was between pool and river facing rooms as it seems to be a big discussion for this hotel. I have to say that they are both wonderful and it's a personal preference. The rooms with the patios facing the river seem to be a bit quieter and it has to be cool to be able to come out of your room and waddle in the river! Of course, the pool view is just a great as the pool Is literally across the grassy area and they are closer to the front desk, coffee shop, and main street. The coffee shop next door serves coffee and fresh pastries. I was told that I would get a “guest discount” but I don’t think I was given one when I purchased breakfast items. There is a Zion park shuttle right in front of the hotel and restaurants are walking distance. There is a cute “house” in the middle of the property which is a laundry room! Our stay was near perfect. These are the reasons why I did not give it 5 stars. The front desk staff was not very friendly, too stuffy, maybe they’re burned out from dealing with tourists… IDK, but a more friendly approachable staff would make this resort top notch.. I briefly dealt with 4 front desk agents and non were friendly, they seemed except for the lady that checked us in, BJ, she was very nice, attentive, informative, and did not seem as if I was bothering her with my presence. The A/C in my room was not cooling; we had it on most of the night, and it did not cool the room at all, I did not call because we were only there for one night and we just wanted to rest and soak in the pool. The room had a fan, which helped the room stay cool. I requested a late check-out and was told no, they even called our room at 11:20 am to make sure we were on our way out… which, I guess, I understand- it’s a busy property and they need to time to make have these wonderful spotless rooms.. so this is not really a complaint, just a tip.. be prepared to be out at 11:00 am! Overall, wonderful stay, will definitely visit again.

Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was by far one of the best rooms our family has ever stayed in on a vacation. If it is available try to get on of the (4) family suites. The large balcony over looking the Virgin River is amazing!! We could safely let our 10 and 14 daughters play on the sandy shores of the river till their hearts delight while my husband and I relaxed on the comfortable balcony. The short walk to Zion is so convenient, but if a shuttle is your style, they run right outside the hotel. The staff is top notch, so friendly and genuine!! Very clean rooms, pool is amazing, this is our go to spot if we visit Zion again.

Room Tip: Rooms by the Virgin River are Awesome !!
2 Thank MominCCTX
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Desert Pearl is situated near to the incredibly senic Zion National Park, and is a must for anyone considering staying in the area. The rooms are large, clean and well ventilated, with second floor rooms having a balcony, either overlooking the pool or the river. Staff are almost too helpful! Springdale itself is a great place with lots of resturants, cafes and shops, and is the place to stay when visting Zion.

Room Tip: Get a second floor river view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nichollsethan
ny,ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family of four loved our time at this property. The pool was gorgeous; the proximity to Zion could not be beaten, and the customer service was second to none. We arrived very late at night and were greeting by a very helpful front desk person who went out of her way to ensure that all of our needs were met. The river running behind the motel was especially fun for my kids and I to wade in and gave you the feeling of being surrounded by nature despite being in a town. The pool was spectacular and warm. I highly recommend this place.

1 Thank akazin
Willard, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This place was amazing. The negative thing about our experience here was that we only stayed one night. We had a river view room which I am sure made it extra special. The room decor was very nice with high ceilings and dark hardwood floors. The pool area was very nice with a lot of shade and very clean, outside and inside the pool.

Room Tip: Pick a river view lower level room with a walkout.
2 Thank Kyle H