1,366 results
All reviews zion national park parking lot is log cabin coffee shop fridge and microwave park entrance within walking distance comfortable beds hot tub in town off season shops and restaurants great place to stay second floor grocery store shuttle stop visiting zion
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We booked for 2 nights and had a very comfortable room with all the necessities. The pool was nice and the hot tub helped ease my hiking sore muscles! The guest laundry was very good and clean, and they had a swap book, magazine table, unfortunately, they were all in German or French! The view and the setting are wonderful. The shuttle bus from town stops nearby, and connects to the Zion National Park shuttles, very efficient. The restaurant was very good, we ate breakfast there both mornings.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Overall great value for money, located in the center of Springdale and close to the bus-stop to the entrance of Zion NP. Friendly staff, fast wifi and a clean room.

When we arrived late at night we found a little note with instructions to locate our roomkey. This was of great help because we (and several others) forgot to inform the reception about the late arrival.

The only downside to our stay was that we couldn't use the hot tub. We really looked forward to jump in after hiking all day.

Room tip: Rooms away from the main road tend to be a bit more quite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights for our anniversary trip to Zion National Park. We arrived extremely late and thankfully I called beforehand and they left a note on the front door for us telling what room we had and a key was under the mat. That was nice and unusual. We had the one remaining parking spot in the lot on a Wednesday night. :-/ The rooms do have a rustic charm to them, and many amenities such as fridge, microwave, coffee maker and hairdryer. It did look like it had in fact been remodeled recently. Mainly the bathroom and the sink are what showed the most work. Except apparently there was mildew all alone the bottom of the shower curtain that I couldn't see since I don't wear my glasses in the shower! This motel is located minutes from the entrance to Zion Park and a block from the shuttle pick up which was super handy! not having to move your car from the parking lot is a plus here. See, there are limited spaces and if you are driving anything bigger than a smart car (we have a truck), good luck maneuvering. The third night we were there we came back at around 10:30 and ALL the spots were taken! There is no street or overflow parking. Luckily, an employee was leaving and we took her spot. not sure what we would have done if that didn't happen, especially since management was unhelpful whatsoever. It was nice to be so close to all the restaurants though. The Pioneer Lodge restaurant right next door is nice, but as someone else stated, a bit pricey. The coffee shop they have in the lobby is unique and nice to have. Although you would have though you were at Starbucks by how high the prices are. My last issue with this place is the thin walls. My husband had the join of being woken up by our neighbors television and talking at 6:30 every morning. Thank god I wear earplugs. So in all, if you are looking to be going to the park everyday early and going to sleep early, I think this place is perfect. If you want to sleep in and move your car a lot, it is not. Thin walls and hideous parking will keep me from not coming back here again. :-(

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Pioneer Lodge. The room and bathroom were clean and well stocked. We stayed several days and the room was fixed up nicely each day. I found the "log cabin" decor tastefully done. The lodge is well situated in the town of Springdale and has a good, though a tad pricey restaurant. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Zion Canyon. The hotel is close to the bus stop where you can catch the bus to the park. This bus is provided free of charge by either the park or the town of Springdale, I am not sure which. We had a little bit of trouble with the parking at the lodge also. There is no easy turn around but it was not serious. We were not there at a busy time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We picked this hotel after reading reviews on TA. We were not disapointed. The location was great, only a few minute drive to Zion gates. You could walk around the little town and go to the many shops and eateries. The resteruant at the hotel was good. The room was better than expected, and the beds were the best we slept on.
We did not get any room cleaning on the second day, not sure if it was an oversight or not. We did not look at the tv so cant comment on that. Wifi worked well.

Date of stay: March 2013