It has always been a great place. I have probably visited 4-5 times before their recent takeover by Fairmont Hotels and refurbishment. The front desk staff are very friendly and have great customer service skills. The lobby looks well maintained. Not very happy because they did not convert South African Rand.
The new years eve party planning could have been better, however the buffet had some good offerings including the barbecue. Some "bigshots" were ruining the evening for all by insisting that the staff provide a la carte options for them and making them run ragged.
The fliers that are printed for the New Years events were printed on a tacky looking blue paper and everything was not on schedule.
The rooms are not well refurbished, doors, locks and fitting not working in river view cottages. The paint work and finishing on the tiles in the bathroom are also poor.
Great view of the mountain as always!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Safari Club's 120 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Hotel Nanyuki
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Hotel
- Mount Safari Club Kenya
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Nanyuki Town