“Eat a delicious burger while looking at a rhino!”

Morani's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Nanyuki Town
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Nanyuki Town, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat a delicious burger while looking at a rhino!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The food was amazing with a great menu choice and very friendly staff. The atmosphere was pleasant and a really feeling for the "wild!" :)

• Visited June 2014
Alastair M, Manager at Morani's Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review and sharing your kind words. We are very glad you enjoyed your food so much - the kitchen team always love to hear that their food goes down well. I will also pass on your compliments about the level of service to our front of house team.

We agree that our atmosphere is 'wild' - we consider ourselves lucky to have such a special location in the Ol Pejeta bush. As well as the 45+ species of birds observed within and from our grounds, we recently saw wild dog and cheetah on the plain behind the restaurant!

Once again, from us all here at Morani's, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you back at here in the near future

Norwich, United Kingdom
“A Very Average Place”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently I visited Ol Pejeta on safari which is a wonderful place I must add, whilst visiting Baraka the rhino we decided to stop for a bite to eat at allegedly Nanyuki's No.1 restaurant, I ordered a club wrap which on paper sounded lovely various types of meat all served in a chapatti with a honey and mustard dressing and fries, what I actually received was lumps of overcooked meat smothered in wholegrain mustard to the point that it was almost inedible and as for the fries even the local birds turned their beaks up to them. if you ever visit Ol Pejeta and want to eat please try Sweet waters before you look at Morani's.

Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your visit to Morani's. We value all feedback, be it positive or negative. May I first apologise for your negative experience on the day you visited. As I hope you have seen from our other reviews, this is not the standard we have set for ourselves, and I regret that the quality of food we served you fell well below these standards.

As part of the service we aim to offer, a courtesy check part-way through a guest's/group's meal is standard at Morani's. This check serves many purposes - the main one being that we can check on the quality of food served to ensure it is to the guest's liking. It appears that this was also lacking on the day you visited - where there is criticism, we aim to rectify any problems there and then. May I apologise again that you were not given such a courtesy call on the day you dined with us. I will make it a priority that this is addressed in our staff training sessions.

I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, given the reviews you had previously read. I hope that you will visit us, if you find yourself in the Ol Pejeta Conservancy again, to allow us to show our true colours.
Manila, Philippines
“happy vegetarian”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great food, quick and efficient service. They even had a discount since it was May 1st. I'm glad they had vegetarian selection. Large sized coffee was good even if they say it is good for two, it is actually good for 3 persons. Servings are good for sharing if you're not too hungry or just want a snack.

• Visited May 2014
From everyone here at Morani's, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We like to think that our portions are generous so, as you say, they are good for sharing should you be looking for just a snack! We are glad that you enjoyed our vegetarian selection - we aim to provide something that will appeal to everyone.

Once again, many thanks for your generous words, and we hope to see you again at Morani's on your next visit to the Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Nairobi
“Great food”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had lunch here over Easter & it was such a nice surprise in the middle of the park.

Service was fast, helpful & accompanied with some friendly assistance. While the rest of my group had the Morani burger, I tried the chapatti wrap which was quite good.

I also tried out the gift shop, got a jar of some very good quality local honey.

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. For the view, the food & the service.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a kind review about your visit to Morani's. We are so glad that you were a fan of both the food and the service - I will pass on your comments to the kitchen and service teams.

The honey we sell (and use in the restaurant) is produced by a firm based in Nanyuki, so thank you for supporting local produce!

Once again, we are very grateful for such a generous review, and we look forward to seeing you again at Morani's
Nairobi, Kenya
“The food is only one reason to visit.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

As a few other reviewers have written, the Morani Burger is excellent, but then so is the Fried Chicken. The Spiced Chicken Salad had some of the freshest and crunchiest vegetables we've had. The service was friendly and relaxed.
Even if the food wasn't as good as it is, you would still want to visit. The view of Mt. Kenya is brilliant and the plains behind the restaurant are teeming with wildlife. We had brunch at Morani's Restaurant on our last morning at Ol Pejeta, and so didn't have the time to go back for a relaxed drink but must do so the next time we visit the conservancy.
It just seems like that kind of a place.

• Visited April 2014
Alastair M, Manager at Morani's Restaurant, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a generous review of your visit to Morani's. We are very glad that you enjoyed the selection of dishes that you had - I will pass the compliments on to the kitchen team. We strive to source our food locally to keep it as fresh as possible - the beef for our burgers even comes from the Conservancy itself!

Thanks once again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back here on your next visit to Ol Pejeta