“Superb experience”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
London, United Kingdom
“Superb experience”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This trip was all about the little things which made up a great stay. We turned up at the airport to be met by the resort BMW rather than the taxi I ordered which was a great start and very nice touch. The resort itself is beautiful, located in a very quiet part of Mauritius. Rooms are beautifully designed, with private outdoor spaces and plenty of room for a couple sharing. Food was broadly good, but menu choices wore thin on day 7, but who's complaining? The service here is all about the little touches - the concessions made to guests on a personal level. You get the feeling that the staff have been empowered to make decisions rather than ask a manager etc. Nothing is too much trouble. I have to single out Veenash in the bar as being the epitome of this. Great place. Great staff (and clearly great management).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrapr
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Bonjour from So Sunny Mauritius!

We thank you so much for visiting us recently and for posting your flattering and enthusiastic review of your experience with us !
We were delighted to read we were able to bring enjoyment to every component of your experience - namely the outdoor spaces, the gastronmy and the design as well as functionality of your suite.
We agree that the heart of our resort is our team of ambassadors whom we thrive at So making as empowered as Managers to provide service from the heart, through initiatives and decisions to make every single guests feel happy and fully relaxed through their time with us!

I will share your kind words with the entire team .

We look forward to your next stay @ Sofitel So Mauritius !
Best Regards,
Bastien Blanc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I have just arrived home from a 7 night stay at So sofitel Mauritius Bel Ombre. This hotel was designed by Kenzo, so everything works, well, just SO well. The rooms are very, very cool. From the rain shower outside to the amazing beds. Everything is spotless & the hotel has been open now for 2 & a half years, it still looks as fresh as the day it opened.
The staff are extremely well trained and will look after your every need. Each room comes complete with your very own butler. Well, thats overstating them a tad, lets just say, your very own assistant who will help you, nice touch though.
I would advise this is a very quiet resort, very peaceful and tranquil. Too quiet for me, when I mentioned this, they arranged for me to go to another hotel that night where there was a band and a late night club...WOW... fantastic customer service. I also mentioned the menu was the same 3 nights in a row...guess what they did, they got the Chef to cook us our very own food for the next 3 nights...WOW... fantastic customer service.
I cannot fault the staff at this resort, they went above & beyond at every request. As for the hotel, if you are after peace & quiet on a 5 star level, just book it, it is SO worth it.

Room Tip: They are all fantastic rooms :0)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reviewer1010
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Bonjour form So Mauritius!

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments.

Our suites and villas designed by Kenzo Takada with a unique décor surely create the perfect venue for relaxation and comfort.
Ambassadors at SO Mauritius put their whole heart to serve with passion and delight guests by personalized attention through our service from the heart attitude. We are glad you felt it and thank you for the good feedback on those.
We're glad that you enjoyed your holiday and will look forward to share good times with you for your next vacation.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I just recently stayed at Sofitel Bel Ombré with my family and truly had the most memorable experience. We stayed in a beatific Villa that perfectly fit my family of 4. The rooms were impeccable and the beds were probably the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in. The bathrooms were beautiful, well kept and the bathroom amenities were fantastic, not your usual hotel soap and shampoo. We were lucky enough to experience butler service during our stay and the entire butler team were extremely helpful, always checking on us and making sure we were happy and enjoying our stay in Mauritius. thank you Arshad!! They made various suggestions on things we could do in and out of the hotel. We are steps away from the beach as well and that was just perfect!! I was a bit nervous traveling with children as mine are quite young but the hotel offers Villa des Enfants with lots of things I do and there is babysitting service as well,ask for Prisca, she was the best! Food was just wonderful! 2 restaurants with complete different styles of food and a room service menu that was just as delicious! My favorite was the hearts of Palm with mustard vinaigrette...amazing!!! lastly, you can't go to this hotel without visiting the spa! I recently read its one of the too spas in 2013 from Conde Nast and it doesn't disappoint!! The treatments are varied and perfect to relax and the spa is mostly outdoors so you really feel at peace and the entire look of the spa is very serene! Next time, I will not bring my kids, every though they were welcomed. I feel it's a place to getaway to have some quiet! Lovely hotel, lovely staff!! Thank you!

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Meglo
Bonjour,

On behalf of the team , I want to thank you and express that we are SO happy to know that you had an intense experience while spending your time at SO Mauritius. Glad to hear we were able to make it a memorable one.
We strive to ensure we provide the best holiday ever for the whole family, every single member needs to find its pleasure in the options of activities the hotel provides. It is nice to hear that our Ambassador exceeded your expectations in this sense.
Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with all of the Hotel’s Ambassadors.
Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I have been to many places and have stayed in significant number of hotels. It was my first time in Mauritius and I enjoyed it a lot. The hotel, Sofitel So Mauritius impressed me. The service was just perfect. Staff was friendly and helpful. Especially, I would like to thank butler Kanen, for his help and attention. The atmosphere during the whole stay was amazing, the team made me feel home. I definetely wish to go back to the hotel. Thank you very much to the team for the unforgettable holiday they have made.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Yulia L
Bonjour from So Mauritius,
We are So glad to hear that you have found it to be a good choice to stay at SO Mauritius for the first time being in Mauritius and that you had an intense experience with us !
The “So Butler” service is a key attribute which gives life to the spirit of personalized service which we want our guests to experience throughout their time with us. Rest assured that we will specially address your thanks to Kanen for his kindness and dedicated attention but also the whole team for your appreciation of our dedication to provide SO tailored service.
Hope to have opportunity to meet you again at SO Mauritius!
Reviewed 7 February 2013

just returned from a 10 days vacation there. I wanted to thank all the team who made me feel in paradise. Excellent food (marlin salad is a must), magic spa (nestled in greenery, very peaceful) and butler service which i had never experience at this level. (Thank you riad for all the little touches which made my days and night extra special ! The mauritius turndown with candles and an outside bath is from another world)
Basically a fab stay with excellent mauritian service

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Meraviniou
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Bonjour !

Just a short note to thank you for taking the time sharing with us your experience.
We wanted you, as all our guests, to have unforgettable moments, which you can take away with you, and can help you having positive thoughts even when back at work.

We all look forward to welcoming you again to SO Mauritius for even more SO Intense moments.

Cordially,

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I discovered this hotel by chance, a friend mentioning to me in Cannes few months ago.
The place is a real jewel. Spent 10 days being taken care of. The surrounding is so peaceful. The team even went out with me for shopping ! Thank you to pentia and arshad.
Delicious food, I especially recommend the fajata with curries ! So yummy !
The spa is fabulous by design and divine for the massages. Hot oil massage is not to miss.
The manager was present and even invited us for an aperitif and to discuss our different discoveries.
I wish we could have stayed longer... As now back home the stress is coming. Back...

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Geneva2012hb
Bonjour,

Just one recommendation : don’t come back to reality and make of SO Mauritius your second home !

The Mauritian specialties are full of flavors and always a real discovery. Nothing is better than a fresh Fajata ! Yummy indeed.

Our SO Spa is all around the concept of outside/inside, being fully open onto the garden, giving this feeling of bliss that only nature can provide, and we are glad it helped you gaining back some positive energy.

We look forward to welcoming you again to SO Mauritius for another gastronomic experience.

Healdsburg, California
Reviewed 3 February 2013

My Mauritius friends and I decided on a night out for dinner. This restaurant and bar is so chic, under a huge what looks like a thatched roof right on the ocean. It just so happened to be Russian New Years and the restaurant was filled with the most curious clientele, babuschka (sp?) held a whole new meaning. Then there was the most fabulous fireworks I have ever experienced.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Susan G
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Greetings from all of us at SO Mauritius !

Just a short note to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience.
Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with all of the Hotel’s Ambassadors who make our team SO special.

I look forward to welcoming you again to SO Mauritius for another SO Intense experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 2 in Pointe de Flacq
Tamassa
Tamassa
#1 of 6 in Bel Ombre

Been to Sofitel So Mauritius? Share your experiences!