Just arrived home after nearly 3 weeks at this resort. Read other reviews and a little apprehensive, however, we had a great time. We were able to prebook all restaurants for the first week prior to arrival, and then managed to book all the restaurants of our choice with no problems for the rest of our vacation when we checked in,In fact, we did not eat at the main buffet restaurant at all. The staff have been extremely well trained and managed. The only time that the staff service was not first class was when the restaurant managers had a night off and there was no leadership. Best restaurants, Le Chateau & Gingja.
Our main reason for this vacation was golf, and we were not disappointed, golf was included in the all inclusive package, however you had to pay for a buggy costing approx £40 but do negotiate and you will get the price down to 1,400 ruppee ( £31) if you play several rounds. No electric trolleys, just pull ones, We played one day pulling trolley and were exhausted due to the hilly areas and heat, thereafter we used a buggy thereafter. Take plenty of balls as when ball goes into the thick rough impossible to find. Pro shop very expensive. Order the curry at the golf club after a game, it is excellent, however food is only served between 12.00 and 2.30. and part of your all inclusive package is that you can only order a drink at the club house if you order food between those times. Ordering drinks at any other time you will be charged.
Our room was spotless. Cleaned late morning and then again whilst we were out at dinner, towels changed twice a day. This resort is not really for childen, mostly for couples on honeymoon, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. If you are thinking of bringing your children to this resort, dont, it wont be fair on them or the other residents.
One improvement - at breakfast in the buffet restaurant, they have a big problem with birds jumping on the tables pecking at anything and everything and doing their business on the chairs etc, most unhealthy. Have suggested nets be put up or some resident cats would solve the problem. The same problem occurs at Zenzibar serving lunchtime bar meals.
Had realised on arrival that I had left my medication at home, was seen straight away by the hotels nurse who went out of his way to resolve problem ( and no charge for his service) cant fault it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre