“Heritage Awali Mauritius”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Heritage Awali Mauritius”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Just on our way home from the wonderful Heritage Awali after two week's holiday. The staff were really lovely - special thanks to Shyama in the main restaurant, Jean Marie in the bar who kept plying us with champagne, Deepa and her team at C Beach and the best omelette maker in the world Amrita! The Water sports team were also superb and we spent many a day water skiing and wakeboarding with them.
The food was lovely especially at Infinity Blue and C Beach. Be aware that you can only have drinks on your AI package at C Beach with a meal - we hope that this changes in the future as all the water sports were based at C Beach and it would be nice to be able to at least get water down there.
We also went to the Chateau for a meal but would honestly say that the other restaurants are good enough and you do get charged for water as well as wine here - cheapest bottle was around £30 for the wine and the water was around £6 a bottle. The golf course is amazing and you are also able to eat lunch here - highly recommend the chicken curry. We ventured on to the par 3 course as two of us have not played much golf but we had a lot of fun and it only cost around £10 for a set of clubs.
I would recommend shoes for in the water as there is a lot of loose cork underfoot and there is a strong current also (great for drift snorkelling though!)
The rooms were lovely, maybe a little old in styling but perfectly adequate with every comfy beds; thank you Sheela (I hope I spelt that right) for your cleaning, you did a wonderful job.
There is so much to do if you want activity and also plenty of space to relax if that's your preference. I loved it and would highly recommend anyone going here.

Room Tip: Rooms 2002 and 2003 are great ground floor rooms with interconnecting door. Noise level is low from...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KizDavis
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Miss. Kizdavis,

Let me thank you for your valuable comment of your holiday experience in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and most importantly, for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent stay in Mauritius.

I will ensure that your appreciation is transmitted to all the members of the staff and more specifically to Jean Marie from the Bar, Deepa and her team from the C Beach Club, the water sports team, Amrita from the breakfast buffet and Sheila, your room attendant.

We do hope to get the pleasure of welcoming you again and hopefully sooner.

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (707)
  • Czech first
Midlands
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Trust me when I say the Heritage Awali is fantastic in all aspects of looking after visitors! With stunning views all around the hotel and staff that are extremely attentive it was fantastic right until the moment we left. The quality of room/food/drinks and the staff that looked after them was to a very high standard.We have travelled all over the world in five star resorts and we could not fault the Awali in any way. Very relaxing hotel that made you feel very welcome at all times. There is no doubt we shall be returning again and we've never returned to the same hotel twice.The biggest asset the Awali have is the staff and I can't praise them highly enough. Book flights with Emirates, they were by far the best airline we've ever flown with. We thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were in block 6 which was really quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MargaritasMidlands
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear MargaritasMidlands,

All the staff members and myself would like to thank you, not only for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your recent stay in Mauritius but also for having taken some time to write down your holiday experience.

I thank you personally for recommending the resort and we will be more than pleased to welcome you again.

Belford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

To quote Mark Twain. 'God created Mauritius and used it as the blueprint for paradise'.

I couldn't have put it better myself. The food in this particular hotel was the best I have ever had in a foreign country. The selection of pools which are warm and clean and it's location next to the beach made it a fantastic holiday

Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

3 Thank Ali G
Dear Ali G,

Thank you for having chosen the Heritage Awali for your recent stay and thank you for having commented on your holiday experience.

I will forward your appreciation to Govinden, the Executive Chef, who will be honoured by your review.

We all look forward to welcome you back in the Domaine de Bel ombre

Seaham Co.Durham
Reviewed 13 March 2014

After a great deal of checking on Trip Advisor, and also with the help of my brother who stayed at the Telfair next door, we decided on the Awali. We were not disappointed. PARADISE is one word we used to describe the holiday. Hotel, staff, food and amenities excellent. Do not take our word for it, go visit the Awali.As for the staff, you will find for yourself how great they are. We had our's in particular Shyama, James,Rubin, Bhowany, James and not least Vhimla. To those members of staff, THANK YOU for looking after us.One small request, would you let me know when James & Neema get married and after Shyama's baby or babies are born. Thanks!

Room Tip: Blocks 5 6 and 7. Peaceful!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jerry B
Dear Jerry B,

Thank you for the valued review and most important, for having preferred the Heritage Awali for you recent visit in Mauritius.

I will ensure that all the staff members are made aware of your appreciation of their service during your stay, especially Shyama, James, Rubin and Vhimla.

I will try my best to let you know about the events of a marriage and a new comer!

We look forward to welcoming you again in a very close future, hopefully!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Heritage Awali is an absolutely beautiful hotel! I'm rather fussy so I tend to moan most then more people but this hotel amazing.

Now please note that my review is based on an ultra all inclusive - this meant we could eat in any of the restaurants multiple times and drink what we wanted branded or not. I found out during my stay the inclusive has now been downgraded which I wasn't at all pleased about. We went for a family wedding but flew out a week later so we could spend a week on our own. When the family left they tried to downgrade our all inclusive which we were not pleased about, we all paid the same amount through the same agent but my partner and I booked only 6 months before.

Upon arrival we had a very pleasant check in, we got to our rooms which were as described beautiful with plenty of space and a stunning sea view. We quickly got changed and ran down to the beach to meet with the family.

We had lunch everyday by the beach, we either had a BBQ or ate in the restaurant, the food was absolutely divine in both. You also had the option to go to the main buffet where breakfast is served.

Dinner, we ate in the a la carte restaurants every single night - however we were on the ultra all inclusive. The food is fantastic and the best restaurant Infinity Blue followed closely by Cyan. We only went to Le Chateau once as we thought the other restaurants were much better. you have such variety and amazing service!

The pool area was large, there were about 3/4 pools we actually sat on the beach each day even though were not beach people but it's so beautiful that we didn't want to lay by the pool.

There are lots of free water sports and we walked to the sister hotel most days where you could also sunbath and eat (La Telfair) .

Were a young couple and usually only go to adults only places but you didn't notice the kids here.

With our stay we got 2 spa treatments which we saved until out last day, these were lovely and added to our stay.

We went to the local zoo to walk with the Lions which was the most amazing experience, you can only do it Mauritius and SA. It's also the only place you can swim with wild dolphins, I really recommend both.

We went to the gym most days, very very basic but does the job for a quick workout.

There was entertainment most night which was fun, you really can't get bored here!

I really recommend this hotel and I would love to go back, the staff are amazing especially Vanessa in the bar.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, we had a beautiful sea view room
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EmmaLynnPerry
Dear Mrs. Perry,

Let me, first of all thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent stay in Mauritius and also for having having written down a detailed review of your holiday experience, which, I am sure, will attract future visitors.

I will forward your appreciation to all the staff members and most specifically Vanessa from the main bar.

I would like to apologise for a misunderstanding. Something we often do is that, whenever there is a big wedding party or other groups, we do restaurant planning in advance so that they can all eat together at the same time and when your family left, everything came back to normal and I supposed that made a difference. But please rest assured that we do not change any package of in house guests.

We would be more than delighted and honoured to welcome you back in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and hopefully soon

Hassocks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We came to this hotel as part of our Silver Wedding Anniversary celebrations this year and I couldn't have wished for anything better. Our beach front room was lovely and comfortable, always stocked up on toiletries and drink in the mini bar and the view stunning. The food was top quality and so much choice. The staff were so friendly, always smiling and happy to help in any way. We were made to feel so special by all. I don't play golf but my husband and son do and said the course was lovely and the staff there too were friendly and attentive. My daughter and I enjoyed the spa. This holiday was a real treat. Thank you to everyone. If you are looking to holiday in this hotel don't hesitate, just book it and enjoy.

2 Thank sarah b
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Sarah B,

I would like to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your recent holidays in Mauritius

Thank you also for spending some time in writing down this valued comment and for recommending the resort to future visitors.

The whole team and I will be pleased to welcome you again here

Warm regards,

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After months of looking for destinations for my fiance and I to get married, we settled on heritage awali and we can only say that this was the best decision we have ever made. From the minute we arrived at the airport to the minute left we had the time of our lives.
We had some issues with our room, and this was down to our holiday tour operator and not the actual hotel themselves, but after explaining everything to them they did their upmost to rectify our problem, even though it was not them that caused the issue. Kindly Vicky the manager upgraded us to the senior suite which was right on the edge of the sea and was the most amazing room I have ever seen and the views from our veranda will stay with us forever. Our wedding planner, Melana, was absolutely lovely and I did not want a big fuss on our wedding day and she respected this and gave us her suggestions, which were a big help and she made the day go fantastic.
The rooms are cleaned twice a day, and all the cleaners are amazing, kind and friendly, and after we moved rooms I left my diamond earrings in the old room, and the cleaner (unusure of his name) came to our new room to give me them back. I could not thank him enough, so they are so lovely and trusting that it really makes you feel safe and comfortable.
The hotel staff were amazing, the food at the Balafon was superb and the staff we always helpful and friendly and made of fuss of our two children (2 and 5 years old). The Blue Infinity is an amazinf restuarant, which the most amazing food, and lovely staff. The beach staff are lovely bringing you cocktails, and pizzas in boxes to your sun loungers.
The pools are beautiful, clean and look stunning, the hotel is beautiful. Poeple have commented that it needs a touch up, but I honestly can say I dont think it does, it has a lovely rustic African feel and I would not change that for the world, as it is this that gives it the welcoming, relaxed feel. The rooms were amazing, even the room we moved from was lovely, but it just didnt fit our requirements with two children (again this was not the hotels fault).
I really would recommend this hotel to anyone, the people are lovely and mae a real fuss of our young children, remembered our names and always remembered what we drank, and knew where we would like to seat, they made our hotel and the assistance we got of Vicky was wopnderful, he was very good at his job and made our stay perfect. I literally cried the day we had to leave, as I could have stayed there forever and it was a perfect wedding and holiday.
I would also like to mention Baboo's boat trips - he was fantastic, swam with dolphins, got our 5 year old out on the weightboard with him, so he didnt feel left out, and gave us a real memorable day. We will never forget that day or our entire holiday/wedding - best time of our lives.
You must go to this hotel"!"!

Room Tip: The rooms in blocks 3,4,5 are good as you can see the sea, but even deeper into the complex you have...
2 Thank Wigbys
Dear Family Wigbys,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali, not only for your recent holidays but especially for one of the most important events in a lifetime.

Thank you also for the valued comment which, I am sure, will help future travellers in choosing their holiday destination.

I will forward your appreciation to the whole team who will be more than pleased to know that the extra mile they went to exceed your holiday/wedding expectations, was a complete success.

The Awali team will be pleased to welcome you and your family back in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and especially Melana, your wedding coordinator, who will be honoured to have you in here for a wedding anniversary celebration.

Would you please pass over our greetings to Sophie and Connor!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)
LUX* Le Morne
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!