Just on our way home from the wonderful Heritage Awali after two week's holiday. The staff were really lovely - special thanks to Shyama in the main restaurant, Jean Marie in the bar who kept plying us with champagne, Deepa and her team at C Beach and the best omelette maker in the world Amrita! The Water sports team were also superb and we spent many a day water skiing and wakeboarding with them.
The food was lovely especially at Infinity Blue and C Beach. Be aware that you can only have drinks on your AI package at C Beach with a meal - we hope that this changes in the future as all the water sports were based at C Beach and it would be nice to be able to at least get water down there.
We also went to the Chateau for a meal but would honestly say that the other restaurants are good enough and you do get charged for water as well as wine here - cheapest bottle was around £30 for the wine and the water was around £6 a bottle. The golf course is amazing and you are also able to eat lunch here - highly recommend the chicken curry. We ventured on to the par 3 course as two of us have not played much golf but we had a lot of fun and it only cost around £10 for a set of clubs.
I would recommend shoes for in the water as there is a lot of loose cork underfoot and there is a strong current also (great for drift snorkelling though!)
The rooms were lovely, maybe a little old in styling but perfectly adequate with every comfy beds; thank you Sheela (I hope I spelt that right) for your cleaning, you did a wonderful job.
There is so much to do if you want activity and also plenty of space to relax if that's your preference. I loved it and would highly recommend anyone going here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Destinology, Ctrip TA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre