“Fantastic.”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had our holiday and daughters wedding during our ten days there. The staff were superb. The rooms again great, Infinity Blue restaurant was fantastic, all the other amenities were available was numerous. All in all for us (nine in total) the prefect holiday.

Room Tip: If disabled please request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lesinspain
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Lesinspain,

Let me thank you for having given us the honour of your presence in the Domaine de Bel Ombre.

I would also like to thank you for commenting on your holiday experience and the whole team and I will be more than pleased to welcome you again.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from 8 days all-inclusive stay at Heritage Awali which was the highlight of our trip. The rooms were superb and the staff very helpful, Infinity Blue restaurant being our favourite. The golf course really is world class with nice wide fairways and everything in perfect condition. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in block 3 which close to everything and had views over the swimming pool of the beach sea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave K

Dear Mr. Dave K,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for, not only, having chosen the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your recent holidays but also for sharing your holiday experience and for recommending the Domaine de Bel Ombre to future guests.

We do wish to welcome you again and hopefully, rather sooner.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Had a fab stay at the Awali - 20th Apr - 30th Apr... the staff made it so very warm and welcoming, mentions to Indoran at the Infinity Blue, the gorgeous lady, Shama (sorry if it's the wrong spelling) who always had a smile at breakfast time (good luck with the baby)...and of course Gee at the Zanzibar... food was always good, great choices, had a great room with a beach view, always kept spotlessly clean... fantastic massage at the spa which all equals a wonderful 5* experience. Got this deal through secret escapes and it sure was a red hot one,

Only down side I did have was at Le Chateau (but this had nothing to do with the Awali), read the JGLO Trip advisor review for Le Chateau (worth a read).

Would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a relaxing break, with a wonderful golf course, good food and service and gorgeous staff.

Enjoy...I'm jealous if you're going.

Room Tip: We were in block 3 which had a great pool and beach view
2  Thank JGLO17

Dear Miss JGLO17,

The whole team joins me in to thank you for the beautiful review of your stay in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and most importantly, for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your last stay in Mauritius

I will ensure that your appreciation is forwarded to all team members and especially to Indiren, Shyama and Jay.

I will also pass over your comments to Vikram, responsible for the Chateau de Bel Ombre, with regards to your experience there.

We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Service very mixed. Some lovely staff, but just as many not so.
Food great in the buffet but very limited options on all inclusive deal.
Kids club had a few plastic baby toys in one room, basic colouring, half hearted entertainment. I was not comfortable leaving my 5 and 6 year old there and they were bored and did not want to go.Very different to our experiences at kids clubs elsewhere.
Would definitely not return.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Mrs. MelissaOsh,

I would like to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your last stay in Mauritius.

I am, somehow, disappointed to read that we did not meet your holiday expectations.

I have taken good note of your comments and will ensure that same are carefully sorted out.

I would, however, like to welcome you back in the Domaine de Bel Ombre.

Please pass over our greetings to Eva and Lani

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Mauritius is beautiful and there are some gorgeous looking hotels so why did I choose this one. It was our Silver Wedding Anniversary however we had to accommodate our 9 year old son so decision making was a challenge. Not with the Heritage Awali however as it seemed to have it all. Golf course is the best we have ever seen and the 9 hole suited my son perfectly. The clubhouse serves a lovely lunch too which helps. The all inclusive package suited us well as my son could go if with the new friends he had made and be independent of us. Now buffet food us nit always my thing but this was an exception as the choice was amazing, beautifully cooked and the restaurant didn't make you feel that you were even at a buffet. Infinity Blue on the beach also had good food and the location you couldn't fault. Sparkling wine is included and seemed to be the thing to do outside infinity blue as the sun went down. Perfect. Water sports were also included which allowed us to do things we wouldn't normally do. C beach club has a brilliant pool which seemed to be warmer than ours so we spent a lot of time there. The Chateau was perfect for our anniversary meal and we will remember that for a long time. Service excellent there too. We swam with dolphins with Nicholas on the Adrien's Dream with a barbecue on an uninhabited island and snorkelling in the warmest sea I have encountered. We took a trip to a tea factory which even my 9 year old enjoyed and he loved the giant tortoises at the nature reserve. The only minor negatives are that you are limited to 3 restaurants none of which are at the Telfair next door which would have been nice and you had to be on the ball to book these 2 days ahead as they filled up quickly. Drinks also were only included at certain times of the day if at the C beach club which we found a minor irritation. Golf clubs are not provided free of charge as we were lead to believe so this added to the cost. I wouldn't have minded taking our own if only it had been made clear from the holiday company and the hotel. Apart from that we just loved it all and are saving hard to go back so hope yo see you again Heritage Awali.

Room Tip: Sea view a must as it would be a shame not to enjoy the beautiful view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dotty1cardiff

Dear Mrs. Dotty1cardiff,

Let me thank you for having chosen the Domaine de Bel ombre as your preferred holiday destination and also for having commented on your holiday experience which will, for sure, help future travellers.

I will ensure that your appreciation is forwarded to all team members who will be very pleased.

When can you come back? Anytime you wish and it will be a honour for us to welcome you again and hopefully soon

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Such an amazing resort. The service is excellent. You are made to feel like royalty. The food is delicious. Very safe and child friendly. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall amazing honeymoon experience.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a room on the beach, specify this, as sea facing rooms are only sea facing and ma...
2  Thank thalia7777

Dear Mrs. Thalia7777,

I would like to join the team in thanking you for the beautiful review and for having preferred the Heritage Awali to celebrate your honeymoon.

Rest assured that I will forward your appreciation to all the members of the staff.

We all look forward to your next visit.

My best regards

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Overall great experience. The staff were efficient, friendly and always had a smile. Nothing was too much trouble. The spa experience was amazing. The variety and choice of restaurants were fantastic. Hotel facilities were excellent. What a superb holiday. Definitely recommend Heritage Awali Resort.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend DeLuxe Rooms, very spacious and great view!
3  Thank DamitaJo2014

Dear DamitaJo2014,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Heritage Awali as your preferred holiday destination and for commenting on your experience in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

I thank you also for recommending the Domaine to future guests.

We all look forward to welcoming you again and hopefully soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!