Golf course is in the top 5 I have ever visited! The rooms and communal areas were always clean and the staff were very accommodating. Our morning and evening housekeeping team were lovely and really kind; they would tidy up anything out of place, fold or hang our clothes, and ensure we always had plenty of drinks and snacks available. Dinner in the main restaurant was also quite unhealthy; very limited selection of vegetables but plenty of meet, salads, and rice/pasta/bread etc - not a vegetarian-friendly or low-carb-friendly buffet. the other restaurants were good, very good! Blue infinity was amazing, the chateaux was AMAZING, C-Beach lunch selection was very good, and much much healthier than the others. If healthy diet is a priority, just be prepared to make some compromises, but its not too bad.
The main restaurant could have done with more for the breakfast options; continental breakfast lacked prunes (which I know may not be everyone's priority but I think should be offered as standard). The breakfast waiters did not always survey the room fully between servings guests drinks; often I had to accost them for coffee refills etc. 5* hotel staff should be vigilant and attentive, but often I found some of the more junior members of staff were a bit vacant and less attentive than those with more experience, but that is life!
The hotel host who welcomed us was not as knowledgeable about the hotel as one would expect; she told us the wifi in the bedrooms is chargeable, even though it wasnt; she didn't take us to all the facilities (pools, beaches, health centre, spa, etc) so we could orientate ourselfs and gets to know what is available; she said extra blankets fleecy are not available, but when we asked housekeeping 3 appeared by the evening. overall she was a bit clueless.
fitness facilities were as expected; the gym was well equipped, the pools were very nice (i like how there were different types of pools, very characterful), tennis courts very nice. I practice Yoga, and full classes were offered 3 times a week which was great for me. the teacher was very experienced, professional, very warm and personable.
beach was not the best, but was good enough.
overall: very good hotel, I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre