“Honeymoon”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The service in the hotel is excellent and the hotel also.
Thanks to the couch of the gym, Christopher, for the attention he gave us.
Regards from the Basque Country (Spain). Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo,

The whole team and I would like to thank you for having honoured us by your presence in the Domaine de Bel Ombre during your stay in Mauritius

We all look forward to your next visit and I will ensure that Christopher gets your appreciaiton.

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Czech first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in April 2014. Our first impression of the place were brilliant. We were greeted by the sound of a traditional drum as we walked over the timber pathway which led into the large lobby. We were given a hot towel and a welcome drink straight away and led to the buffet restaurant to have dinner as it was 10pm and they finished serving then. After dinner we were shown to our room which was in a block. The pictures on the website don't actually do the room justice - it is much more luxurious in person we felt. Our bed was decorated with paper hearts and a personal note was left along with a bottle of bubbly and a hand carved pineapple - great start to our honeymoon! We had a walk in wardrobe next to the bathroom which was very handy. We had a private balcony with lush tropical trees in front of us - no view as such, we were looking down at a walkway around the complex.

We found the all-inclusive package to be great. We had breakfast in Balafon each morning (buffet restaurant) where there was a great selection of foods from cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, juices, eggs cooked to order, pancakes, pastries, sausages, rashers etc. It was a great start to the day! At the pool and beach area the bar staff walk around taking drink orders which was lovely. They had water available in cooler boxes at the beach. For lunch we tried Infinity Blue and Amafrooty (which is in the Zenzibar). The food at Infinity Blue was AMAZING - gorgeous pizzas, steak and mash etc. For dinner we ate in Balafon 2 of the nights. The food served here is buffet style. I had steak the first night and it is cooked to order so it was delicious. As other reviews stated you can only book restaurants 2 nights in advance of going so we booked Cyan at the C Beach Club, The Chateau and as part of our package we had a candlelit dinner at Infinity Blue. We found that there was no real atmosphere at the C Beach Club. We went for a drink first to the C Beach Bar and drinks are not included in the all inclusive package in the Awali here which was a bit annoying. We were a little bit early for our table so we expected that the staff at the bar would let us know when it was ready as they knew that we had a reservation. I had to approach them to find out if it was ready 10 mins after our booking time and it was which was unacceptable really when we were the only 2 people in the bar and they were standing around talking! It was no big deal to us really but at the same time the service provided could be improved. Dinner in Cyan was nice - presentation was lovely. Again as part of our package we had a dinner in Le Chateau. The Chateau is really impressive as you get a first glimpse of it however the food was not really to our taste. There were alot of additional costs to get certain meals and the drinks were also not included. The food here was not to our taste really - I had watercress soup which I didn't like but there was nothing else on the menu for me. I had the vension curry and rice which was nice but not amazing. The dessert was a chocolate tart which was delicious. The service here was great though. We had our candlelit dinner at Infinity Blue on our last night which was a set menu and we selected our choices on our first day. This was very tasty but I would have liked to have been able to select from the full dinner menu at Infinity Blue because the lunch menu was so good.

The complex itself is beautiful. The pool areas are stunning and well maintained. It is very peaceful there. It is not exclusively a honeymoon place though with lots of families there when we were there over the Easter Holidays but this was not an issue for us. We went for drinks in Zenzibar every evening and at that stage all the children were in bed. We enjoyed the cocktails and beers while listening to some music. We had a free 45min back and shoulder massage in the spa in a couples room which was so relaxing. The spa was located near our block towards the back of the complex. My husband went to the golf course for half a day to play the 9 hole course which he said was beautiful. They also have an 18 hole course. There are many watersports on offer at the C Beach Club but we did not avail of them unfortunately. The staff really are wonderful - very friendly and smiley and prepared to help you.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Heritage Awali - it was a brilliant start to our honeymoon and provided us with the rest and relaxation that we needed. We ate and drank our fill and left feeling very happy! We would definitely recommend it :)

Room Tip: We were in room 2105 which was in a block towards the back of the complex. It was a deluxe room and...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sharc84
Dear Mrs. SharC84,

The Awali team and I wish to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius.

We would also like to thank you for such a beautiful review about your holiday experience with us and for recommending the resort to future guests.

I am delighted to know that my staff met your holiday expectations and I ensure that I will forward your appreciation to them.

I will also inform Vikram, responsible for the C Beach Club, about your dinner experience there.

We all hope to get the immense pleasure of welcoming you again at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

My very best regards,

Quatre Bornes
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very good experience with the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort- went there during the weekend for a family get-away and was pleasantly surprised! Particularly enjoyed the archery lesson with Emiliano!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Miss. Anishah08,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your family get-away and thank you for having spared some of your time to write down your week-end experience with us.

I will ensure that my team is made aware of your appreciation, especially Emiliano.

We look forward to your next visit in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

The efficiency and standard of service is excellent. The food is of a consistently high standard and the drinks are plentiful!

One complaint is that the morning hot drink (coffee/tea) could have been served a little warmer! But the staff are quick to please.

The situation on the south coast means that it is more susceptible to wind than northern resorts.

Our biggest tip would be to try and eat at the al la carte places as much as possible. The food is amazing and the settings are much more appealing. Booking in advance is needed, so be organised.

Definitely go all inclusive because there are few alternatives outside the resort and the in-house options are expensive. It would quickly add up to more than the saving. Not what you want to be thinking about when relaxing!

The staff are generally very helpful and friendly which makes you feel very welcome.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Mr. Daniel,

I wish to thank you for having written down and sharing your holiday experience with other travellers and thank you also for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your recent stay in Mauritius.

I will pass over your appreciation to all team members who will be delighted to know that they met your holidays expectations.

We all look forward to your next visit which we hope will be rather sooner.

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort,
Domaine de Bel Ombre,Mauritius
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our third visit to the Heritage Awali and we had an amazing time yet again. The staff are the friendliest and most welcoming I have ever come across. The restaurants offered lots of choice and fantastic quality. We love our food and wine and with every visit we have not been disappointed. The sports and leisure team were fantastic.........there was a wide range of exercise classes to attend, the spinning classes being my favourite. Despite being on holiday I wanted to keep my exercise and fitness regime going, Kurran and his team ensured I stayed focused, offering me lots of advice. I can't wait to book for next year!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CarolineAuck67
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Caroline,

It has been a great honour for us to have welcomed you for the 3rd time in the Domaine de Bel Ombre.

We thank you for the trust in our product and we will be more than pleased to welcome you again next year.

I will forward your appreciation to Kurrun and his team who will be delighted to know that they were great assets to your holiday experience.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Golf course is in the top 5 I have ever visited! The rooms and communal areas were always clean and the staff were very accommodating. Our morning and evening housekeeping team were lovely and really kind; they would tidy up anything out of place, fold or hang our clothes, and ensure we always had plenty of drinks and snacks available. Dinner in the main restaurant was also quite unhealthy; very limited selection of vegetables but plenty of meet, salads, and rice/pasta/bread etc - not a vegetarian-friendly or low-carb-friendly buffet. the other restaurants were good, very good! Blue infinity was amazing, the chateaux was AMAZING, C-Beach lunch selection was very good, and much much healthier than the others. If healthy diet is a priority, just be prepared to make some compromises, but its not too bad.

The main restaurant could have done with more for the breakfast options; continental breakfast lacked prunes (which I know may not be everyone's priority but I think should be offered as standard). The breakfast waiters did not always survey the room fully between servings guests drinks; often I had to accost them for coffee refills etc. 5* hotel staff should be vigilant and attentive, but often I found some of the more junior members of staff were a bit vacant and less attentive than those with more experience, but that is life!

The hotel host who welcomed us was not as knowledgeable about the hotel as one would expect; she told us the wifi in the bedrooms is chargeable, even though it wasnt; she didn't take us to all the facilities (pools, beaches, health centre, spa, etc) so we could orientate ourselfs and gets to know what is available; she said extra blankets fleecy are not available, but when we asked housekeeping 3 appeared by the evening. overall she was a bit clueless.

fitness facilities were as expected; the gym was well equipped, the pools were very nice (i like how there were different types of pools, very characterful), tennis courts very nice. I practice Yoga, and full classes were offered 3 times a week which was great for me. the teacher was very experienced, professional, very warm and personable.

beach was not the best, but was good enough.

overall: very good hotel, I would go back.

Room Tip: ask for a garden and beach view; more privacy than those directly on the beach front.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PrincessFrancoise
Dear Madam,

I wish to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last visit in Mauritius.

Thank you also for having taken some of your time to write down your holiday experience which will help travellers choose their future holiday destination.

I have taken good note of your suggestions and will personally ensure that they do not become recurrent issues and rest assured that your appreciation will be forwarded to all team members.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband took me to Maurititus for my birthday. Heritage Awali is a great resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The waiters are there to serve you all day long (but can be a little slow at times)Plenty of activities to do if you wish. As a fantastic golf course if you play golf. You have 1 free massage throughout your stay and can pay for more if required. You don't get bored with the food as there are a few different restaurants to eat in that serve fab food. The rooms are spacious and clean. Went on a couple of trips that were reasonably priced. Would reccommend

Room Tip: Rooms in block 1000 & 4000 overlooked the sea
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Mrs. Debbie O,

I thank you for having taken some time to write down your holiday experience and for recommending the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

It has been an immense pleasure for us to have welcomed you in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

We all look forward to your next visit which we hope will be in a very close future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!