Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tamassa Resort(Bel Ombre)
  • Pool
Indian Resort(Le Morne)
4,037 results
All reviewsinfinity blueall inclusive packageindian restaurantour honeymoonzenzi barbalafon restaurantc beach clubafrican drumsfree massageseven coloursa la carte restaurantsjean mariewalk in wardrobeboat tripnature reserveswimming with dolphinsmain bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have just returned from our fourth visit to the Awali. Once again we have had a brilliant holiday
The bottle of pink champagne and the carved pineapple in our room was a nice gesture.

The biggest difference this year was the free (high speed) wifi in the rooms, the food as usual was great in the three restaurants we used (Balafon,Infinity Blue and C Club) as ever the staff were very good and very friendly. However the speed of service sometimes left a bit to be desired although, you are on holiday in paradise, so what's the rush? The C Beach is a little lacking in atmosphere but the food is good.

The Saffron indian restaurant was closed as it is being refurbished, the Infinity Blue is also to be enlarged.

Rooms were lovely and kept immaculate, it's very difficult to pick out indivual staff as they are all very good but a special mention to Preety, Vanessa, Shyana, Ramada, Julio and Jay, apologies to the others we have missed.

Look forward to returning next year!

Room Tip: The 5 block is well positioned for everything.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear valued guests,

I wish to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali once again for your recent stay in Mauritius

The team members, especially Preety, Vanessa, Shyama, Ramana, Julio and Jay will be delighted to know that you enjoyed your fourth visit and that they met your holiday expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you again and, hopefully, in a very close future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The service in the hotel is excellent and the hotel also.
Thanks to the couch of the gym, Christopher, for the attention he gave us.
Regards from the Basque Country (Spain). Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo,

The whole team and I would like to thank you for having honoured us by your presence in the Domaine de Bel Ombre during your stay in Mauritius

We all look forward to your next visit and I will ensure that Christopher gets your appreciaiton.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The service in the hotel is excellent and the hotel also.
Thanks to the couch of the gym, Christopher, for the attention he gave us.
Regards from the Basque Country (Spain). Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Gorroxta and Mrs. Saenz del Burgo,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in April 2014. Our first impression of the place were brilliant. We were greeted by the sound of a traditional drum as we walked over the timber pathway which led into the large lobby. We were given a hot towel and a welcome drink straight away and led to the buffet restaurant to have dinner as it was 10pm and they finished serving then. After dinner we were shown to our room which was in a block. The pictures on the website don't actually do the room justice - it is much more luxurious in person we felt. Our bed was decorated with paper hearts and a personal note was left along with a bottle of bubbly and a hand carved pineapple - great start to our honeymoon! We had a walk in wardrobe next to the bathroom which was very handy. We had a private balcony with lush tropical trees in front of us - no view as such, we were looking down at a walkway around the complex.

We found the all-inclusive package to be great. We had breakfast in Balafon each morning (buffet restaurant) where there was a great selection of foods from cereals, fruit, yoghurt, cheeses, cold meats, juices, eggs cooked to order, pancakes, pastries, sausages, rashers etc. It was a great start to the day! At the pool and beach area the bar staff walk around taking drink orders which was lovely. They had water available in cooler boxes at the beach. For lunch we tried Infinity Blue and Amafrooty (which is in the Zenzibar). The food at Infinity Blue was AMAZING - gorgeous pizzas, steak and mash etc. For dinner we ate in Balafon 2 of the nights. The food served here is buffet style. I had steak the first night and it is cooked to order so it was delicious. As other reviews stated you can only book restaurants 2 nights in advance of going so we booked Cyan at the C Beach Club, The Chateau and as part of our package we had a candlelit dinner at Infinity Blue. We found that there was no real atmosphere at the C Beach Club. We went for a drink first to the C Beach Bar and drinks are not included in the all inclusive package in the Awali here which was a bit annoying. We were a little bit early for our table so we expected that the staff at the bar would let us know when it was ready as they knew that we had a reservation. I had to approach them to find out if it was ready 10 mins after our booking time and it was which was unacceptable really when we were the only 2 people in the bar and they were standing around talking! It was no big deal to us really but at the same time the service provided could be improved. Dinner in Cyan was nice - presentation was lovely. Again as part of our package we had a dinner in Le Chateau. The Chateau is really impressive as you get a first glimpse of it however the food was not really to our taste. There were alot of additional costs to get certain meals and the drinks were also not included. The food here was not to our taste really - I had watercress soup which I didn't like but there was nothing else on the menu for me. I had the vension curry and rice which was nice but not amazing. The dessert was a chocolate tart which was delicious. The service here was great though. We had our candlelit dinner at Infinity Blue on our last night which was a set menu and we selected our choices on our first day. This was very tasty but I would have liked to have been able to select from the full dinner menu at Infinity Blue because the lunch menu was so good.

The complex itself is beautiful. The pool areas are stunning and well maintained. It is very peaceful there. It is not exclusively a honeymoon place though with lots of families there when we were there over the Easter Holidays but this was not an issue for us. We went for drinks in Zenzibar every evening and at that stage all the children were in bed. We enjoyed the cocktails and beers while listening to some music. We had a free 45min back and shoulder massage in the spa in a couples room which was so relaxing. The spa was located near our block towards the back of the complex. My husband went to the golf course for half a day to play the 9 hole course which he said was beautiful. They also have an 18 hole course. There are many watersports on offer at the C Beach Club but we did not avail of them unfortunately. The staff really are wonderful - very friendly and smiley and prepared to help you.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Heritage Awali - it was a brilliant start to our honeymoon and provided us with the rest and relaxation that we needed. We ate and drank our fill and left feeling very happy! We would definitely recommend it :)

Room Tip: We were in room 2105 which was in a block towards the back of the complex. It was a deluxe room and very private with no one over looking you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharc84

Dear Mrs. SharC84,

The Awali team and I wish to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius.

We would also like to thank you for such a beautiful review about your holiday experience with us and for recommending the resort to future guests.

I am delighted to know that my staff met your holiday expectations and I ensure that I will forward your appreciation to them.

I will also inform Vikram, responsible for the C Beach Club, about your dinner experience there.

We all hope to get the immense pleasure of welcoming you again at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

My very best regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very good experience with the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort- went there during the weekend for a family get-away and was pleasantly surprised! Particularly enjoyed the archery lesson with Emiliano!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Miss. Anishah08,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your family get-away and thank you for having spared some of your time to write down your week-end experience with us.

I will ensure that my team is made aware of your appreciation, especially Emiliano.

We look forward to your next visit in the Domaine de Bel Ombre