“40th birthday holiday Heritage Awali”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Well perfection is how you would describe this venue "wow" impact as soon as you arrive with a welcome of African drums and an infintiy pool stretched out before the ocean behind!! This African themed hotel has it all a huge choice of restaurants and bars with excellent food even the buffet restaurant is often cooked to order by the chef in front of you the Chateaux restaurant perfect for a special occasion and the C Beach Club often hired out by Indian Millionaires for their daughters wedding so a very high standard. Service consistent throughout especially in the main bar with Kenny, Jay and Sheth excellent at service and cocktails. Champagne included and branded drinks not your cheap substitiute!! Excellent for a special occasion enjoyed every minute

Room Tip: 6103 although all rooms seem huge we had sea view
1  Thank carina1232014
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear carina1232014,

I thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort for your recent holidays in Mauritius.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and most importantly, that my team members met your holiday expectations.

I will forward your appreciation to all my staff and especially to Kenny, Jay and Sheth

We hope to welcome you again here and in a very near future

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went for a few days with friends. Communal areas excellent especially the bar. All inclusive was great and we even got a free massage.
The rooms were disappointing. The entrance to each block was quite shabby and the room smelt damp. Despite that, the rooms were well laid out, nicely decorated with a good bathroom.
The staff were all very friendly. We ate at the Infinity Blue restaurant which was pleasant. Breakfast OK but have had better at a 5 star hotel.
My husband played golf twice and said the course was exceptional. Green fees were included in the package although you paid for a buggy.
If the rooms were brought up to the standard of the communal areas it would make a big difference.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

I thank you for sparing some of your time to write down your holiday experience and most importantly, thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your last stay in Mauritius.

I am pleased to inform you that we are currently refurbishing all the rooms and we hope to get the honour of welcoming you again so that you can see the improvement.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This review is of a visit I made with my wife and daughter in December 2013. I'm writing it now having just booked to go again this December. We've stayed at other places in Mauritius but this was by far the best. Very good food throughout, with the buffet being a good standby. It's important to try out a few of the other restaurants around the resort and you have to book for these. It just means a little planning. We had the most amazing meal in Ginja - I don't eat meat and the flavours were incredible. It was a little expensive but certainly worth it. There's a few places to go for lunch and I was never disappointed. The Chateaux is very nice, but I was quite wary simply because of reading other people's reviews. The food is good, as is the service, just be aware that you'll be paying for the wine.
I was a little surprised at seeing negative reviews of the Awali, and whilst we were there I did see a large group who weren't very happy - it was something to with the key cards. They were complaining to a member of staff and it did look like they were over-reacting. One thing I see people complain about is the small birds in the eating areas. I've visited lots of hotels in tropical climates and there's nothing sort of netting and birds of prey to keep them away - there always birds. You just have to expect them and be careful if it bothers you.
The beach is good, but do be aware that the current is very strong on the Awali side of the beach. If you go over the bridge to the Telfair part of the complex there's another spectacular beach that you can use - we tended to alternate between the two.
In terms of trips out, I can really recommend hiring a driver to take you to various parts of the island. We had a very pleasant and knowledgable driver and got on really well with him. I can recommend visiting the Grand Bassin. It's a location sacred to Hindus. I'm not at all religious but we all felt we were very welcome and had an experience you can only really get by visiting somewhere, not just reading about it.
The staff at The Heritage Awali were a key part of why we enjoyed our holiday so much. They were really professional and friendly. They always remembered us I felt there was a genuine warmth and care for their work.
Another thing that I think it's worth mentioning is their laundry service. They washed, ironed and packed all our luggage for a very reasonable amount - it really helped the transition back into the real world.
I can definitely recommend the Awali, and am looking forward to returning again this year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank earthlet

Dear valued guests,

I am honoured to know that, once again, you have preferred the Heritage Awali for your next stay in Mauritius and I thank you dearly for this.

Thank you also for sharing your last holiday experience, which I ensure will be forwarded to all members of the staff.

We will be delighted to see you again in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just returned from our second trip to the Heritage Awail, which is very unusual for us as we always try to go somewhere new. However the Awali is such a delight that we couldnt resist celebrating our first wedding anniversay and my husbands birthday there - and we will be back.

I can only echo the other reviews on the quality of the food, you can be as formal or as informal as you like from fine dining at the Chateau to pizza on the beach for lunch. We particularly liked the C beach for both lunch and dinner but all are good. Bars, spa etc all excellent, and by the end of the holiday the bar team had our drinks on the bar before we had even sat down.

But what really makes this place for us is the staff. Friendly and welcoming they can't do enough for you, and seem to know what you want before you do. Particular thanks to Jean Marie for keeping us well supplied with Mauritian 'lime and sodas' by the pool, Chris, Kurran and Emiliano for the fantastic spinning classes that kept the llbs at bay for the fortnight and to Joelle for organising such a lovely anniversay dinner. Didnt get a change to talk to the manager whilst I was over there but if I had I would have told him what a fantastic team he has. and I hope to see them all soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jan C
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Jan C,

Jean Marie, Chris, Kurrun, Emiliano and Joelle join me in to thank you for having preferred, once again, the Heritage Awali for your last stay in Mauritius and especially for the celebration of your first wedding anniversary

It has been a great honour for us to have you in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and we thank you for your trust.

I will ensure to personally meet you next time you come.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent 6 nights at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, was a wonderful honeymoon, between the romantic and relaxing, the quality and characteristics of the food in the restaurant was fabulous Staff always helpful and friendly and always with a friendly smile. The only drawback was a day of bad weather, which we have lived in the resort using the services alternative to the beach or the pool, including the spa and gym.
A truly lovely place amidst a sea coral ele expanses of sugar cane plantations.
Vacation highly recommended.

2  Thank Salvatore B

Dear Mr. SaBa46,

We wish to thank you for having spared some time to write down your holiday experience in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and we do thank you for that.

I will ensure that your appreciation is forwarded to all members of the staff.

We hope to get the immense pleasure of welcoming you again

Reviewed 12 June 2014

In recent years we have had some pretty awful "A/i " holidays, having to fight for seats,service and satisfaction amongst some seriously ill mannered holiday makers from all over the world ,who have seemed hell bent on gluttony and sheer waste as a natural way of life !!
But enter the Awali,(greeted by a personal Drummer who makes ever new-commer welcome !!)and instantly you are immersed with glorious and sincere individual attention .In todays world ,this a rarity------------but lovely if you receive it.
The system operated at Awali ,is one difficult to find fault with we found,and regardless of what you seek in a holiday ,there is something here for you ...and provided with quality and a smile !!
Such friendly staff,and as foodies -----------we were absolutely delighted at the continual standard of both presentation and variation of their menu options .
We stayed in a beautiful room ,ground floor ,Block 3 ,Deluxe Ocean View............superb dont go less !because it is worth it.
Air Mauritius.........no frills here I am afraid,and am glad we booked Emergency door areas @ about £85 pp return ,extra. Food on plane ,we thought was awful...shame .
But once you hit Awali , all negativity dissapears !!..........So well done everyone at The Awali.....
And as I said to all the staff ....all the time we were there in May this year 2014...........................Merry Christmas !!,and like General McArthur said in Pacific 1944.......We shall return !!!!!
Congratulations &thanks ....Steve & Sandra Williams , Somerset.

Room Tip: Block 3,Deluxe Ocean View
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STEVE W

Dear Mr. Steve W,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent holidays in Mauritius. Thank you also for commenting and sharing your holiday experience on Tripadvisor.

My staff will be made aware of your comments which will please them.

We look forward to your next visit in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We spent 9 nights at the Awali hotel for our honeymoon. After a long journey we were welcomed by friendly staff and were shown to our room. We had a beach front room which was scenic and well worth the extra money. The rooms were lovely, always clean, daily mini bar top up including beer and coke, free wi- fi, comfortable bed, big bath with a separate shower.
The staff are always ready to help and are always pleasant and welcoming.
Thee are plenty of activities to do if you want, even though we just chilled for the week therefore we can't really comment.
The food was first class, we found it a bit confusing when we arrived having been told we had to book at certain restaurants with 48 hours notice. We got used to this as the week went on. However, we didn't mind as the food was always tasty and of high standard.
Definitely recommend this hotel for a very special occasion.

Room Tip: We had a beach front (2nd floor) room which was lovely to wake up to in the morning. It depends how...
1  Thank Stuart H

Dear Mr. Stuart H,

It is with great pleasure that I went through your review and I thank you for having taken some of your time to write down your holiday experience in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

I wish to thank you also for having preferred the Heritage Awali. I will ensure that your appreciation is forwarded to the team members who will be delighted to know that they met your holiday expectations

We do hope to get the honour of welcoming you again here and hopefully, in a near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!