“Beautiful resort”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this resort for our 1 year anniversary. From the moment we walked in I was totally wowed and felt relaxed. We were on an all inclusive package and I didn't experience 1 issue at the resort when it came to this. Everything worked very well - the staff new what they were doing and it was actually very easy. Best to be on an all inclusive package at this resort as you don't have to worry about food, drinks or dessert. One morning we even took breakfast in our room and only paid a tray charge. My husband battled with the food a bit as he is vegetarian. There seems to be the same kind of veggies for lunch everyday, either pizza, pasta or veg Panini. Dinner was tough as Saffron was closed and he does prefer indian vegetarian for meals. Saying this I spoke to the Sous Chef Hemant in the evening at Balafon and he was always willing and happy to make something special for my husband, like dhall, rotis and veg curries. One evening he made a lovely vegetable stirfry. Hemant is truly a warm and special person. Such an asset to the resort. I also have to mention Yesh I C Beach club as the day we had lunch there , he made sure we were comfortable and my husbands pizza was made slightly differently that day, which was delicious. Very helpful person.
We loved the breadbaskets that were served in Infinity and C Beach Club.
Desserts are very gourmet and delicious.
The reception staff Natacha and Sharon are two very lovely ladies and always had a smile on their faces and always available for a chat and made us feel very welcome.
Chris met with us twice and also was an extremely pleasant and warm host. It was lovely knowing we could go to him should we have any issues. Which we didn't!
The fish served at this resort is by far one of the yummiest dishes I have ever tasted and literally ate that for the entire we were there!
The room was very comfortable and spacious. The bath tub being my favorite.
The pools were lovely, I enjoyed Le Telfair's heated pool.
The beach is such a lovely stretch for long walks and a dip. Not great for swimming due to current and being shallow.
Tipping was a bit strange as we didn't really know if we should tip every time we received a bill or how much would be appropriate. I do think tips are expected though should you wish to get a better service. Saying that some people say they don't get drinks in time ect.... we never really had too much of an issue here.
Lovely experience, will definitely return very soon for some more pampering and awesome food.

Room Tip: We were placed in room 6207. On the top floor which we enjoyed as it was away from everything and cl...
1  Thank ManushaP77
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Madam,

The Awali team and I would like to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius.

Thank you also for the valuable comments which I have read with great pleasure and which I ensure to forward to all my staff, especially to Chef Hemant, Yesh, Natacha, Sharone and Kris.

I have taken good note of your comment regarding the vegetarian meals which will be taken care of by our Executive Chef Govinden.

I would like to inform you about the tipping policy in our resort; it is at the guests' discretion and is to be dropped in the tipping box available at the reception. The whole amount will then be dispatched at the end of the year to all team members working in both back and front of the house.

We do all hope to be honoured again by your presence in a near future at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (3,809)

Reviewed 24 June 2014

this is a wonderful hotel in a beautiful unspoilt stretch of beach with a great golf coarse attached.
the beach stretches for miles either way. one direction towards Bel Ombre a beautiful walk past the beach club C Club through lovely public park area into the small hamlet of Bel Hombre, the other direction past a few other hotels and then totally unspoilt natural beaches.
the hotel has some great restaurants, Infinity Blue was my favourite, relaxing, almost on the beach and by a lovely pool. Gin'ja was also really relaxing, a short walk along the beach or through the hotel gardens takes you to a stylish oriental building. asian fusion cuisine, a little pricey but worth the treat. this restaurant was not in the all inclusive package.
The all inclusive package is very confusing, what restaurant is and what is not included and some very silly rules when you can eat and when you can't. C club you can have lunch within the all inclusive package, but you can't just have a drink. some guests would order food whether they want it or not , just to order a drink. Check what your entitled to have , where , how many times on your visit and when.
Booking the restaurants was also not the most holiday friendly. bookings have to be made two days in advance. it limits your choice of when and where you want to eat and i am sure some guests booked several of the restaurants for the same night and then chose where to eat on the night.
Dress code was also quite strict for men. whislt i like to change for dinner, i don't like to wear shoes in a beach restaurant that the tables are on the sand. Infinity Blue beach restaurant in the evening men have to wear a shirt with collar, long trousers and shoes, not tee shirts, no shorts of any length, and no sandals/ flip flops. what sort of beach restaurant is that. I can understand smart dress in a silver service formal establishment, but a holiday beach place.
service in general was good but sometimes a little hit or miss.
the hotel was clean but some areas a little tired.
if the hotel simplified the all inclusive package to be "all inclusive", change the reservation system for booking a table for dinner, and relaxed the dress code in the appropriate restaurants i am sure it would be more fun and more relaxed.
after all the golfers were allowed to wear lurid check shorts, florescent polo shirts with matching visors at breakfast.

Room Tip: if you like golf this is the one for you. if you want to relax in the evening after a day at the bea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michaelfreeman101

Dear Mr. Freeman,

I thank you for commenting on your holiday experience at the Heritage Awali and thank you also for having preferred our resort for your last stay in Mauritius.

Kindly note that all your comments have been taken into great consideration and will be properly dealt with.

I am also pleased to announce that after 10 years of existence, the resort is actually going through some refurbishment which will improve its look.

The whole team and I would be pleased to welcome you again in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We- myself, my Wife & two young daughters- visited for the first time between 9-23 June.
It was without doubt the best holiday we've ever had; the scenery, the luxury, the food & drink & the staff (special thanks to Sharone & Kurran) - everything was amazing.
There were a few minor niggles but these were all dealt with swiftly & with minimum fuss (for those who complain about speed of service, I wonder if they've considered that it's us holidaymakers who're adjusting to the Mauritian way of life & not vice versa!)
The weather was less than inspiring when we first arrived (though picked up towards the end of the first week) but we soon discovered that with the activities on offer & the warmth & friendliness of the staff (probably THE single most impressive factor for me) we wouldn't be sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves.
Everything was of a consistently high standard & we hope that the refurb that is currently taking place doesn't lead to a significant price increase as we'd love to return in the future.
Thank you to everyone at Heritage Awali for making our dream holiday exactly that!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank VicDan7778

Dear Vic and Dan,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your recent stay in Mauritius

Thank you for you valuable comments on your holiday experience with us and I ensure that all team members will get your appreciation.

Could you please pass over our greetings to Scarlet and Isabella?

We would love to welcome you back here and hopefully, in a very near future

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have recently celebrated our 25th anniversary at the Awali and it was superb.

The staff are their biggest asset as, almost without exception, they provide superb service and from the ladies that tend to the gardens to the restaurant managers always have a smile and say hello. We were chatting to a waiter on our last day who told us over 30 of the staff had been there since the hotel opened over 10 years ago.

The room are lovely and we loved the turn down service at night. All rooms have shampoo, shower gel and bath bubbles so you can save space in your suitcase. You also have dressing gowns and slippers. There is a hairdryer but my advise would be to take your own if you have anything other than quite short hair.

Food amazing, although Saffron restaurant closed and while we were there the sister hotel was closed as well.

Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would love to return one day.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe ocean view room, worth every penny
1  Thank Foxesontour

Dear Foxesontour,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your last stay in Mauritius and especially to celebrate your 25th wedding anniversary
We do all thank you for recommending the resort and we look forward to welcoming you again
My team members will be delighted to know that they were the biggest asset of your holiday experience and I will ensure that all of them get your appreciation

We do all thank you for recommending the resort and we look forward to welcoming you here, hopefully very soon

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay here on our Honeymoon in June 2014. From the very first minute we were treated to friendly, approachable and professional staff. First impressions go a long way but the high standards didn't drop at all throughout our stay. We were welcomed with refreshing cold flannels and an ice cold cocktail, just what we needed after such a long journey. The staff in every area of the hotel, from bar staff to room maid were all very helpful and always had time to say hello. The all inclusive package is one of the best we have come across, with a vast choice of included activities. The drinks included were well known brands and not your usual local spirits. Even the minibar was included in the package. Although not as vast a choice as some people may want it was more than sufficient for our needs after a day on the beach with soft drinks, beer and bottled water included.

If you get chance try lunch at the golf club for outstanding views and brilliant service (all part of the all inclusive aswell) I would also recommend taking a pair of trainers as on a Wednesday the golf course has a complimentary lesson for complete beginers, taught by a golf pro! Again all included in the package.

The Awali has a free shuttle bus for guests to hop between the golf course and C Beach Club where you can also have some all inclusive food and drink for lunch. A stylish alfresco dining experience.

We booked a day away from the hotel after being recommended an excursion to walk with lions..... WOULD HIGHLY recommend you do this trip!!!! Wow not many places in the world where you can walk with lions for an hour! Brilliant!!!

For the adventurous amongst you we tried the zip lines and Segway at the same park and had such an amazing time.

Had a complimentary massage and my partner who has worked in the industry for many years was very impressed with the whole experience and service. After using the sauna and steam room try the ice cold plunge pool, that's an experience by itself!!

I could go on all day talking about Heritage Awali but for me and my new wife we had a fantastic stay and would definatley return. We have already discussed a return trip with family members in the future.

If you are looking for a hotel which goes that little bit extra to make your stay a special one then Heritage Awali should be where you stay.

Hope this helps

Tom and Katie
Newly weds

Room Tip: If you have the option then go for a sea view, worth the extra £s as you can use your room key to ge...
3  Thank Thomas B
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Tom and Katie,

I wish to thank you for the beautiful and detailed review of your holiday experience at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort and thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your honeymoon

I am honoured to read that our product, services and staff have been what you were looking for and more!

I will ensure that your appreciation is forwarded to all team members who will be delighted to know that they have exceeded your holiday and honeymoon expectations.

We will be more that pleased to welcome you and your family members here and we hope in a close future

Reviewed 22 June 2014

visited the Awali for the 3rd time in September and every visit gets better and better.
the blue infinity is the best food on the island, the team are the most friendly ever experienced there are so many to names to thank but special thanks to Jean Marie and Ramada, who made our holiday so special in every way.
we are currently looking at booking our fourth visit for next year.
don't book anywhere else.

Room Tip: if you can book a beach-front room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mtk1505
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear mtk1505,

The whole team joins me in to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali again and for your trust in our services and products.

I will ensure that the staff gets your appreciation, especially Jean Marie and Ramana who will be delighted to know that they contributed to the success of your 3rd visit in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

We all look forward to your 4th visit next year

My very best regards,

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort,
Domaine de Bel Ombre,Mauritius

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We were there on honeymoon in Mai and really enjoyed it.
We are a very active couple thats why the best of all we liked an amount of diverse activities to offer: water ski, surfing, sport courses, yoga, golf and so on.
We tried out almost all of them and liked it :)
The golf field is very beautiful well-groomed and has such wonderful views!

We would also recommend to make there a dolphin tour. It is although for extra charge but it is a great cruise, we saw tonnes of dolphins in the wild. Amasing. We made it with Baboo and we were very happy about it.

We liked the service there too. The stuff was very attentive and pleasant.
Greetings and special thanks to Christopher, Curran, Emanuel and all managers and barmen there. You are very lovely and helpful guys :)

We broght away very good impressions of our holliday.

Olia+Hauke

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Olia and Hauke,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius and for having spared some of your time to comment on your holiday experience

I will forward your appreciation to all my staff and specifically to Christopher, Kurrun, Emmanuel and to all Managers and barmen.

We look forward to your next visit, which we hope will be in a near future

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort,

33 mi away
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!