My husband and I stayed at this resort for our 1 year anniversary. From the moment we walked in I was totally wowed and felt relaxed. We were on an all inclusive package and I didn't experience 1 issue at the resort when it came to this. Everything worked very well - the staff new what they were doing and it was actually very easy. Best to be on an all inclusive package at this resort as you don't have to worry about food, drinks or dessert. One morning we even took breakfast in our room and only paid a tray charge. My husband battled with the food a bit as he is vegetarian. There seems to be the same kind of veggies for lunch everyday, either pizza, pasta or veg Panini. Dinner was tough as Saffron was closed and he does prefer indian vegetarian for meals. Saying this I spoke to the Sous Chef Hemant in the evening at Balafon and he was always willing and happy to make something special for my husband, like dhall, rotis and veg curries. One evening he made a lovely vegetable stirfry. Hemant is truly a warm and special person. Such an asset to the resort. I also have to mention Yesh I C Beach club as the day we had lunch there , he made sure we were comfortable and my husbands pizza was made slightly differently that day, which was delicious. Very helpful person.
We loved the breadbaskets that were served in Infinity and C Beach Club.
Desserts are very gourmet and delicious.
The reception staff Natacha and Sharon are two very lovely ladies and always had a smile on their faces and always available for a chat and made us feel very welcome.
Chris met with us twice and also was an extremely pleasant and warm host. It was lovely knowing we could go to him should we have any issues. Which we didn't!
The fish served at this resort is by far one of the yummiest dishes I have ever tasted and literally ate that for the entire we were there!
The room was very comfortable and spacious. The bath tub being my favorite.
The pools were lovely, I enjoyed Le Telfair's heated pool.
The beach is such a lovely stretch for long walks and a dip. Not great for swimming due to current and being shallow.
Tipping was a bit strange as we didn't really know if we should tip every time we received a bill or how much would be appropriate. I do think tips are expected though should you wish to get a better service. Saying that some people say they don't get drinks in time ect.... we never really had too much of an issue here.
Lovely experience, will definitely return very soon for some more pampering and awesome food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Prestigia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre