“excellent honeymoon” 4 of 5 bubbles

Milan, Italy
“excellent honeymoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

beautiful structure,
many services available for free in all-inclusive,
Food varied and of a good standard, especially the chef's creations present in the main restaurant
staff always friendly and efficient
we were grateful for the gifts had thanks to the honeymoon: Sparkling wine and fruit in room, massage and candlelight dinner.

We'll be back, maybe for an anniversary

3 Thank 19c_b82
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

The team joins me in to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius and for your honeymoon.

Thank you for the review which I will forward to my staff who will be happy to know that you had a wonderful time.

We all wish to welcome you again at the Heritage Awali and why not to celebrate your first wedding anniversary.

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Czech first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Now sat back at work I am able to reflect on what was an incredible experience for my new wife and I.
It was a long way to go from Scotland, with 16 hours of flying but it was well worth it. Approximately 1 hour transfer from the airport to the Awali but you get an idea of what the island life is like which in some cases can be a shock.
On arrival there is an African welcome with drumming and an local cocktail as well as a friendly welcome from one of the ladies at the customer relations. Our only gripe of the whole holiday occurred here though which wasn’t helped by how tired we were from the travelling. We arrived just before 12pm and had to wait till after 2pm for our room, with it being our honeymoon we would have expected to be put straight into our room however once we got into our room we were delighted with our room and the views.
The surroundings of the hotel are just beautiful, based at the south of the island the beach is relatively calm with the coral reef surrounding the island. There are a number if pools in the grounds however sadly we did not utilise these as we loved lying on the beach amongst the palm trees.
Sadly with it being their winter during the time of our visit the weather wasn't always the best however there was plenty to do with excursions and their fabulous golf course up the road (which is fabulous).
One of the things that made our holiday were the staff at the Awali, everywhere we went we were greeted with a smile and a hello. Whether it was waiters, front desk, bar staff, kitchen staff they all were brilliant and were willing to go out their way to ensure your holiday were fantastic.
Names I need to mention are Vanessa and Kevin (based at the chateau), they were so friendly and attentive and a credit to the hotel.
Last but not least we have to mention Emmanuel (Mannu) he looks after the beach area and he is an absolute gem! He was so friendly, attentive and was managed to make us smile. The hotel is very lucky to have such a brilliant member of staff and we wish him all the best.

Want to go on more about the hotel but will aim to keep the rest brief:
Spa - Very good although a bit expensive
Food - Brilliant, fresh, authentic and great selection
Cleanliness - Everywhere was so clean and they made an effort to make the areas smell wonderful.
Restaurants - All very good and the Boma is brilliant fun

There was some renevation work going on when we were there but it did not affect our holiday too much however think in a few years time once complete it will make it even better.

Thank you to the Awali for making our honeymoon so memorable.

Room Tip: We upgraded to beach front (Room: 7203) and it was well worth it, woke up to superb views every morn...
2 Thank Bigscot1982
Dear Sir,

I have read your comments with great honour and I wish to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your honeymoon and holidays in Mauritius.

I thank you also for the detailed review which will, not only, be forwarded to all the team members but will also help travellers in choosing their holiday destination.

I am truly pleased that you enjoyed the facilities in the Domaine de Bel Ombre.

Vanessa and Kevin from the Chateau and Emmanuel at the beach, among all staff, will be delighted to know that they contributed to the success of your holidays and we all hope to welcome you again here.

Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was a great experience there's lot to do with their huge landscape,The Staff are amazing,Special thanks to Jennifer ,Thierry and his wonderful team who took care of us from the beginning of our Holiday,we tried all restaurants which offer great variety and good quality of food,specially not to miss the culinary experience at "the Chateau".
Deffinately a very good place to be for a relaxing holiday,
We will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iven v
Dear Mr. Iven V,

It has been a real pleasure for us to have welcomed you in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and we wish to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will ensure that my staff gets your appresciation, especially Jennifer, Thierry and his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

My best regards

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was the best holiday that my husband and I have had. The staff at the Awali are excellent and they made the holiday special. The refurb was well underway when we were there but this did not deter from our experience. The food was excellent, hotel and surroundings superb, staff attentive, especially Kurran and Varsha and the facilities on offer were great. The holiday was a gift from my husband for my 65th birthday and I cant think of a nicer place to have spent it. Great memories. Thanks for a great time.

Room Tip: The room we had was a deluxe ground floor facing the smaller pool and the sea. Lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Margaret M
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Mrs. Margaret M,

Varsha, Kurrun and all team members join me in to thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent stay in Mauritius and especially to celebrate your 65th birthday.

We wish to thank you for the review which will be forwarded to all the staff who will be delighted to know that they contributed to the success of your holidays in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

We hope to get the honour of welcoming you again and hopefully, very soon

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at this resort for our 1 year anniversary. From the moment we walked in I was totally wowed and felt relaxed. We were on an all inclusive package and I didn't experience 1 issue at the resort when it came to this. Everything worked very well - the staff new what they were doing and it was actually very easy. Best to be on an all inclusive package at this resort as you don't have to worry about food, drinks or dessert. One morning we even took breakfast in our room and only paid a tray charge. My husband battled with the food a bit as he is vegetarian. There seems to be the same kind of veggies for lunch everyday, either pizza, pasta or veg Panini. Dinner was tough as Saffron was closed and he does prefer indian vegetarian for meals. Saying this I spoke to the Sous Chef Hemant in the evening at Balafon and he was always willing and happy to make something special for my husband, like dhall, rotis and veg curries. One evening he made a lovely vegetable stirfry. Hemant is truly a warm and special person. Such an asset to the resort. I also have to mention Yesh I C Beach club as the day we had lunch there , he made sure we were comfortable and my husbands pizza was made slightly differently that day, which was delicious. Very helpful person.
We loved the breadbaskets that were served in Infinity and C Beach Club.
Desserts are very gourmet and delicious.
The reception staff Natacha and Sharon are two very lovely ladies and always had a smile on their faces and always available for a chat and made us feel very welcome.
Chris met with us twice and also was an extremely pleasant and warm host. It was lovely knowing we could go to him should we have any issues. Which we didn't!
The fish served at this resort is by far one of the yummiest dishes I have ever tasted and literally ate that for the entire we were there!
The room was very comfortable and spacious. The bath tub being my favorite.
The pools were lovely, I enjoyed Le Telfair's heated pool.
The beach is such a lovely stretch for long walks and a dip. Not great for swimming due to current and being shallow.
Tipping was a bit strange as we didn't really know if we should tip every time we received a bill or how much would be appropriate. I do think tips are expected though should you wish to get a better service. Saying that some people say they don't get drinks in time ect.... we never really had too much of an issue here.
Lovely experience, will definitely return very soon for some more pampering and awesome food.

Room Tip: We were placed in room 6207. On the top floor which we enjoyed as it was away from everything and cl...
1 Thank ManushaP77
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Madam,

The Awali team and I would like to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius.

Thank you also for the valuable comments which I have read with great pleasure and which I ensure to forward to all my staff, especially to Chef Hemant, Yesh, Natacha, Sharone and Kris.

I have taken good note of your comment regarding the vegetarian meals which will be taken care of by our Executive Chef Govinden.

I would like to inform you about the tipping policy in our resort; it is at the guests' discretion and is to be dropped in the tipping box available at the reception. The whole amount will then be dispatched at the end of the year to all team members working in both back and front of the house.

We do all hope to be honoured again by your presence in a near future at the Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

this is a wonderful hotel in a beautiful unspoilt stretch of beach with a great golf coarse attached.
the beach stretches for miles either way. one direction towards Bel Ombre a beautiful walk past the beach club C Club through lovely public park area into the small hamlet of Bel Hombre, the other direction past a few other hotels and then totally unspoilt natural beaches.
the hotel has some great restaurants, Infinity Blue was my favourite, relaxing, almost on the beach and by a lovely pool. Gin'ja was also really relaxing, a short walk along the beach or through the hotel gardens takes you to a stylish oriental building. asian fusion cuisine, a little pricey but worth the treat. this restaurant was not in the all inclusive package.
The all inclusive package is very confusing, what restaurant is and what is not included and some very silly rules when you can eat and when you can't. C club you can have lunch within the all inclusive package, but you can't just have a drink. some guests would order food whether they want it or not , just to order a drink. Check what your entitled to have , where , how many times on your visit and when.
Booking the restaurants was also not the most holiday friendly. bookings have to be made two days in advance. it limits your choice of when and where you want to eat and i am sure some guests booked several of the restaurants for the same night and then chose where to eat on the night.
Dress code was also quite strict for men. whislt i like to change for dinner, i don't like to wear shoes in a beach restaurant that the tables are on the sand. Infinity Blue beach restaurant in the evening men have to wear a shirt with collar, long trousers and shoes, not tee shirts, no shorts of any length, and no sandals/ flip flops. what sort of beach restaurant is that. I can understand smart dress in a silver service formal establishment, but a holiday beach place.
service in general was good but sometimes a little hit or miss.
the hotel was clean but some areas a little tired.
if the hotel simplified the all inclusive package to be "all inclusive", change the reservation system for booking a table for dinner, and relaxed the dress code in the appropriate restaurants i am sure it would be more fun and more relaxed.
after all the golfers were allowed to wear lurid check shorts, florescent polo shirts with matching visors at breakfast.

Room Tip: if you like golf this is the one for you. if you want to relax in the evening after a day at the bea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michaelfreeman101
Dear Mr. Freeman,

I thank you for commenting on your holiday experience at the Heritage Awali and thank you also for having preferred our resort for your last stay in Mauritius.

Kindly note that all your comments have been taken into great consideration and will be properly dealt with.

I am also pleased to announce that after 10 years of existence, the resort is actually going through some refurbishment which will improve its look.

The whole team and I would be pleased to welcome you again in the Domaine de Bel Ombre

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We- myself, my Wife & two young daughters- visited for the first time between 9-23 June.
It was without doubt the best holiday we've ever had; the scenery, the luxury, the food & drink & the staff (special thanks to Sharone & Kurran) - everything was amazing.
There were a few minor niggles but these were all dealt with swiftly & with minimum fuss (for those who complain about speed of service, I wonder if they've considered that it's us holidaymakers who're adjusting to the Mauritian way of life & not vice versa!)
The weather was less than inspiring when we first arrived (though picked up towards the end of the first week) but we soon discovered that with the activities on offer & the warmth & friendliness of the staff (probably THE single most impressive factor for me) we wouldn't be sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves.
Everything was of a consistently high standard & we hope that the refurb that is currently taking place doesn't lead to a significant price increase as we'd love to return in the future.
Thank you to everyone at Heritage Awali for making our dream holiday exactly that!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank VicDan7778
Dear Vic and Dan,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your recent stay in Mauritius

Thank you for you valuable comments on your holiday experience with us and I ensure that all team members will get your appreciation.

Could you please pass over our greetings to Scarlet and Isabella?

We would love to welcome you back here and hopefully, in a very near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,383 reviews

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!