“Fantastic hotel with exceptional staff!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel with exceptional staff!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have just returned from the Heritage Awali after an amazing two week family holiday! The hotel is superb, with a gorgeous setting on the beach and fabulous facilities. Although we had an extremely relaxing time, we were never short of things to do with Kurrun and his enthusiastic team at the Sports Centre making sure we were never bored! We played tennis, golf on the beautiful course a couple of minutes away, went on a bike ride, took part in a spinning class and had great fun trying archery! There are numerous sea based activities to try too and we will never forget our whale and dolphin trip, where we were so close to a mother and baby whale!
The service at the hotel is outstanding and you are made to feel welcome from the minute you arrive with a welcome drink and huge smiles on all the staff's faces. Our interconnecting rooms were perfect and we loved the restocked mini bar and endless fresh towels supplied. The bar staff and restaurant staff are wonderful (Soodesh - thank you for your wonderful service!) and we were on first name terms with many and they felt like real friends by the time we left. The management team are so approachable and really doing an excellent job. We met many lovely people during our stay who helped us try out the numerous cocktails on offer - lots of great fun evenings!
I can't recommend this hotel enough - we will definitely be back!
Thank you to all from the Slater Family

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank KimSla
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear KimSla,

Kurrun, Soodesh and the Management team wish to thank you for having spent some of your time writing down your holiday experience in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and thank you for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your holidays.

I am really pleased to know that you had a nice time and that my staff contributed to the success of your stay in Mauritius

We, definitely, look forward to, hopefully, welcoming you soon

Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
  • Czech first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went as a family of 5 (kids aged 17, 12 and 10) - a really beautiful location and stunning views of the beach. Everything was of a really high standard including all the furniture and food. The staff were very helpful and courteous too.
We all had an amazing time, and you can really do as little or as much as you want. Would highly recommend a day on a boat seeing the dolphins and having a bbq lunch on an island. The sea was really lovely.
Would definitely recommend using the sports facilities on site, including tennis and bikes. Kurran and his team were brilliant with us all, they were good fun.
A good time of year for us as the temperature was mainly around early 20s, there was a bit of rain, but that didn't seem to spoil anything for us.
Lovely family memories and some gorgeous pictures for us to look back on - thank you to everyone at the resort.

Room Tip: We enjoyed 2 sea view rooms with balconies
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Debbie L
Dear Mrs. Debbie L,

The whole team joins me in to thank you and your family for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your recent holidays in Mauritius.

I will ensure that everyone gets your appreciation and especially, Kurrun and his team.
Please send our greetings to Emma, Georgia and Benjamin

We look forward to welcoming you again and hopefully, in a very close future.

RoseHill
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had the opportunity to visit Le Heritage during one of my first projects in a security firm. Thus, I had to go regularly on site to ensure installation of an access control system was being carried out in the proper manner and avoiding to disturb clients as far as possible. I had the occassion to enjoy this great environment. It was such a great start for me and my two peers. The FO manager to whom I liaise was so friendly and we had a great collaboration.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Siva N
Dear Sir,

I wish to thank you for having spared some time to write down your experience at the Heritage Awali and we hope to welcome you in the Domaine de Bel Ombre in a near future to spend some holidays.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Memories ---memories ---memories. ( fabulous ) is the only way to express our stay at heritage awali . The food - the staff -the service - the place is everything and more you would expect for a perfect holiday . We have booked again for November and can't wait to meet all the family again
( they treat you so well we think of them as family ) . If you plan to visit mauritius we would highly
Recommend. The HERITAGE AWALI . HAPPY MEMORIES. STEVE +IRENE JOYCE.

Room Tip: Sea view room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank steve j
Dear Steve and Irene,

It has been a true pleasure for us to have welcomed you for the 20th time in the Domaine de Bel Ombre.

We thank you for your trust and we will be honoured once again to welcome you in our big family.

My very best regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was our second stay at the resort adnthis time round was even better than the first

our whole experience from start to finish was nothing less than world class. Our youngest son went with - only 8 months old and Awali went out of their way to accomodate all our requests. In fact they have exceeded all our expectations and more

We will definately go back again next year.

I have to complement all staff who went out of their way. They were nothing less than exceptional.

Golf Coarse was in perfect conditions adn service was just as great

Highly recommend Awali

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leonard V
Dear Leonard V,

I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust in our product and for having preferred for the second time the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last family holidays in Mauritius.

We will be glad to welcome you again next year at the Heritage Awali.

The Timomo kids club will be delighted to welcome Daniel and Benjamin.

My best regards to you,

Bury
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me and my wife stayed there for 8 nights - all inclusive for our honeymoon. We arrived in the morning and we're met with a very warm welcome from everyone in the hotel. The room was clean, well presented and luxurious. You are right on the beach or have a choice of 3 pools, all very clean and look brilliant. The food was superb, we ate in all 5 restaurants during our 8 days and we're impressed with them all, especially C Beach Club. With the all inclusive package you have tonnes of activities to choose from at no extra cost and I really would recommend it. A dream honeymoon for us both. Thank you heritage awali.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BobbyV53
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you and Madam for having preferred the Heritage Awali for your honeymoon and your holidays in Mauritius.

I thank you also for the time you have spared on your review and I ensure that all my team members will receive your appreciation.

We all look forward to welcoming you again in the Domaine de Bel Ombre and we do hope, very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just got back from the Awali and we had the most amazing time. It is well worth the 11 hour plus flight time. The trip was to celebrate my birthday and I can't tell you how fantastic the whole experience was. Right from the welcoming drums to our very own (or it felt like our very own) beach boy Mannu. Mannu managed to anticipate when we needed drinks or lunch on the beach, he is a lovely guy, we wish him all the best. Also, a mention to Nitish who also was a fabulous barman who always had a smile on his face, as did most of the staff.
The food is great from buffet breakfast to snacks at lunch and crepes or cake at tea time or full on meal in Infinity Blue. Our highlight was my birthday dinner at The Chateau with their gorgeous a la carte menu which was very impressive. Our last night was dinner at the Cyan Restaurant at the C Beach Club where the service from Allan was attentive.
The Spa staff are excellent too we had our complimentary 45 minute messages which were great plus I had a wonderful 75 minute facial. I think my therapist was Isha (I'm sorry if I've got her name wrong). The rooms are lovely and are cleaned every day with fresh towels and bottled water presented to you every afternoon. I can still smell the incredible aroma that filled the whole hotel I wish I could have brought that back with me. Thank you for making our stay in Mauritius so special we will be back and we will ask for a sea view next time. Julie & Chris

Room Tip: Ask for sea view we wish we did.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie B
Christophe-Ramdiane, Manager at Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Julie & Chris,

Emmanuel, Nitish, Allan and Isha join me in to thank you for having preferred the Domaine de Bel Ombre for your last stay in Mauritius.

We also wish to thank you for your beautiful review which will be forwarded to all team members.

It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again and hopefully, in a very near future.

Resident Manager
Domaine de Bel Ombre,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)
LUX* Le Morne
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,691 reviews
Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort

Been to Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!