Heritage Awali Hotel in Bel Ombre, Mauritius offers a really warm welcome and excellent facilities. From the stunning sea view that greets you in Reception, the refreshing drink and warm towels to wipe away the dust of travelling - it's a little piece of paradise.
Rooms are comfortable and well equipped; most have pleasant views either of the gardens or the sea. Ours was a garden view from where we were able to observe a couple of weddings taking place. Take your pick of the hotel pool or the beach to relax - there are watersports aplenty if you're more inclined.
Food is good and there are a number of venues to enjoy - booking is advised at the beach restaurant and it's well worth it as the food here is that little bit more special! Also recommended is the chateau about 5 minutes drive from the hotel. A driver picks you up and collects you and for a small surcharge you can experience a real treat; both food and ambience are delightful. In the main restaurant, some people have complained about the birds - they didn't bother us too much as they are simply part of the charm - it's difficult to control the wildlife in an open air environment!
Another must-do is the complementary spa treatment. We had a couples massage and were well and truly de-stressed by the end of it.
What makes Mauritius so brilliant as a holiday destination is that it's not just sea and sand - there is loads to see and do. A private driver/taxi can be hired for the day at very reasonable cost. We walked with lions, swam with dolphins in The Indian Ocean, visited waterfalls and tea plantations, volcanoes, and so on.
If I went back to Mauritius, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Heritage Awali - highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre