Just back from 11 days at Awali. Overall I was very happy with stay. 40 min transfer from the airport and the South of the Island less developed than other areas.
Rooms are large with good facilities and there is plenty to do aside from golf. Tennis and mountain bikes were our favourite. we also enjoyed snorkelling but the trip from the boat was problematic as there is a strong current with the winds and the coral is very close to the surface. Other place sin Mauritius are better eg Blue Bay. Plenty of fish in and around the rocks in shallow water but not the vary large ones.
A special mention regarding Emiliano who ran various exercise classes and mountain biking. He was enthusiastic and a credit to the hotel.
We met people who were very complimentary about the golf course but as we are not keen we only played a 9-hole par 3 course. very good with excellent views.
Food at the hotel was good with Infinity Blue the highlight, well presented and enthusiastic and attentive staff. A tomato salad was prepared as I said I had not had one during our stay. Belafon (buffet dinner) was mixed depending on which waiting staff brought you drinks etc. Chefs preparing specials in front of you was good and the food good. Breakfasts in Belafon were good with plenty of variety. Bar staff can be slow but were interested in you when they did come and asked at the right time if you wanted more drinks. For all inclusive packages I think the hotel should provide one more included restaurant at no extra cost, particularly for those staying more than 1 week. The Chateau where you can have some dishes within the AI package once during the stay was good but not exceptional fine dining.
Overall a good experience during their winter
Staff at reception and guest relations were very helpful with trips and activities. we took a taxi from the hotel with a driver for the day worked out slightly cheaper than the tour operators car and driver but all equally knowledgeable about the island.
Pack lunches are available for trips which are fine but perhaps need a little more variety if you take on more than one occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre