We looked around for a good hotel and as per usual looked at who was offering what and tried for the best value money could buy. We went for a sea view room and were not disappointed. On the positive side this hotel, of the six we have stayed in Mauritius, has the best service by far. The staff are extremely attentive to every need and nice about it at the same time. The golf course was superb. Whilst the food was excellent we missed the buffet although you could go to the neighboring hotel.
On the negative side. A Rand 50 bottle of wine in South Africa was charged at R 500. The golf was free but the golf cart was R 600. TV channels are limited but to hire a movie R 120. Dinner was included at 4 restaurants but 2 of them there was a R 300 upgrade fee. Wi Fi was free in the lounge but for your room for the week R 1200. Get the picture.
As we are avid divers we found the diving in the south of the island poor in comparison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre