“Heritage Activity Center” 5 of 5 bubbles

Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
“Heritage Activity Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I booked the 36km bicle tour which was awesome. Jérôme Mootooveeren did a great - very professionel and overseeing everthing. He is very experienced and shows a lot of attractions of this area to our group.
You feel secure during the whole trip through beautiful maurituan countryside.

I highly recommend this amazing "adventure" and Jérôme as tour guide.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Felix K
Mr-Stephan-Lagesse, Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to share you comments on Trip Advisor.

Your comments about the facilities and services provided are greatly appreciated by the staff especially Jerome. I will not miss to congratulate him for having shared his passion and experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to Heritage Resort soon,

Kind regards

Stephan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Polish first
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We chose Mauritius for our honeymoon as it is somewhere we are unlikely to go again. But after staying at this hotel I would love to go back in the future! After being given a welcome cocktail at exception we were taken to our first floor sea view room and it was brilliant! When we arrived at the room there was a bottle of bubbly and fresh fruit which disappeared almost instantly! The room was spacious and we both appreciated having two sinks which made it quicker to get ready.
For our honeymoon we didn't want to do much other than relax. We spent a lot of time by the pool and on the beach which were literally meters away from one another. When we ordered drinks these were brought to us almost immediately and the staff were very attentive.
The food was brilliant, it gave both of us a chance to try new things and the service from the staff was excellent. We were on the gourmet bliss package which is basically all inclusive, and meant we enjoyed a glass of champagne with every meal! There was a nice range of restaurants for the evening but I enjoyed 'Annabellas' because the menu changed everyday and you didn't have to reserve. It was also fab to go and see what the food looked like before ordering; it sometimes made the choice a lot easier.
We went on our honeymoon in May and the weather was gorgeous. It rained on two days out of the 11 we were there and to be honest it was a welcome change from the blazing sunshine.
I was relieved to see that there was no mad rush for sunbeds in the morning as there were always plenty free both by the pool and on the beach.
I must also mention the Cavendish Bar and my favourite cocktail Cavendish Kiss, stunning!! There was a different band playing every night of the week and it was lovely to sit there and relax listening to the music.
I have had difficulty in expressing my views on this hotel because it was simply STUNNING. The surroundings, views, hotel and staff. And overall an unforgettable honeymoon!! It has been over two months and I still miss Mauritius!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tess C
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time and effort to share your Holiday experience to the TripAdvisor community. We are honored that you have chosen Mauritius and Heritage Le Telfair for your Honeymoon.

We are truly delighted that you have made the most of the resort, the Gourmet Bliss Package and that you appreciated our cocktails at the Cavendish Bar. We will pass your comments to the entire team.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming back soon,

Our very best regards

Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We only had three nights here and stayed in a first floor room with a river view. Very quiet and peaceful. We absolutely loved it. Very spacious and comfortable.The staff were VERY attentive, friendly, polite and helpful. Food was amazing (had an all inclusive deal), cocktails went down rather too quickly. It rained a bit and was windy but it IS winter and even then it was still nice and balmy. And of course you only get to see the most amazing rainbows over the aquamarine water when it does rain! The spa and the lovely staff there was fabulous - very special. So sad we didn't have more time to explore the resort so we will just have to return again...already planning our next trip. Thank you we had a dream stay.

Room Tip: River view 1st floor room is very quiet and private. Very spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Wendy T
Dear Guests,

We thank you for having chosen Mauritius and Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holiday, we thank you also for having taken the time to share your comments to the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your holiday and truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome again so you can continue to discover our Domaine.

If we can help you in any way in planning your holidays better please do not hesitate to contact us on helpdesk@vlh.mu our online concierge will be happy to assist.

Best regards

Johnshaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently stayed at the next door resort, the Awali for two weeks and had use of many of the facilities at Le Telfair. There was an extensive activities programme covering both resorts and the quality of the classes and staff was extremely high.

I was lucky enough to meet Jerome on my second day and he became like my personal trainer, we did runs and cycles and he was very knowledgeable on sport and training and extremely upbeat and encouraging. He is a very positive trainer and a great advocate for self belief. He really helped me to think about making my weaknesses in sport my strengths and to believe I could do whatever I set out to do.

All the sports staff at Le Telfair are a great asset to the resort, but Jerome particular is a fantastic role model and an absolute credit to the resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank BBettyBoo
Mr-Stephan-Lagesse, Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the time and effort in sharing your recent experience at the Heritage Le Telfair Golf and Spa Resort.

We will pass on your appreciation to Jerome your personal trainer as well as the staff of the Sports & Leisure team.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Heritage Resort on your next visit to Mauritius.

Our very best regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Its a bit difficult to express my views that would do justice to my experience staying at the Heritage Le Telfair. To begin with this property is simply BEAUTIFUL... It has the scenic views which would make you never leave that place.
To add to the beauty of the hotel was the hotel staff, which are by far the friendliest and most helpful staff i have ever come across. I have had alot of requirements and quires and they have handled them like it was their own and did they best to help me out.
I want to acknowledge quite a few people whos had the hand in making my Holiday the best holiday of my life. I would like to thank the whole front office staff :- Daphnee , Vanessa, Anita, Carine, Nishta, Hanista, Ludouic, Hans, Thrishna, Jayraj, Smita, Lovenish, Abhishek, Jimmy.
Guest Relations :- my favorite Amrish, Amar, ,Ericka, Ian, France Reine and the most hardworking team Concierge - Antoine, Jitendra, Dylan, Hairaj, Vinay and Fardeen.
Thanks guys thanks alot.
You will see me soon and often.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank nehalsagar
Mr-Stephan-Lagesse, Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Nehal,

We wish to thank you for having taken the time to write such a fantastic review during your stay.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your holidays, it was a real pleasure to be at your service especially during the Kamani wedding.

Thank you for your excellent evaluation of the resort and your patronage.

Your appreciation have been conveyed to the entire team especially to the whole front office staff :- Daphnee , Vanessa, Anita, Carine, Nishta, Hanista, Ludouic, Hans, Thrishna, Jayraj, Smita, Lovenish, Abhishek, Jimmy. Guest Relations: Amrish, Amar, ,Ericka, Ian, France Reine and the most hardworking team Concierge - Antoine, Jitendra, Dylan, Hairaj, Vinay and Fardeen.

We all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

ESSEX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I appreciate it is a bit odd posting a review on the first day of our holiday but Trip Advisor is a wonderful tool when choosing your break and it would be a real shame if some of the recent negative posts put someone off from book the magnificent Le Telfair for their next getaway!

We checked back on TA every day in the lead up to our holiday and we're worried by the experiences of others but if first impressions count for anything we will have a wonderful time. Glorious beach, immaculate grounds and accommodation. A generous Gourmet Bliss all inclusive option and the friendliest team of staff you will ever meet.

I will report back after we go home, but so far so very good!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank comac
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is my second visit to this resort and I cannot express how magnificent Heritage Le Telfair is. As soon as you drive into the estate past the old sugar mill you feel the stress of a modern lifestyle drift away like the setting sun. The moment you arrive the staff are friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them. One of the resort drivers, Coco drove us in from the airport and his warm welcome and brilliant smile immediately set the tone for a memorable experience. One suggestion is to book a beach-view suite, I assure you its worth the few extra Euros. The beach club and the two pool areas (one heated) are comparable with the best in the world. Everything you would expect from a tropical beach resort is on offer to ensure a relaxing vacation under the warm tropical sun. Mauritius may not be as high profile as the Bahamas or Majorca but this hidden gem is a sanctuary in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Le Telfair offers a range of accommodation whether you are a family or a honeymoon couple and my room was superb. Whilst offering all the modern amenities the colonial charm adds a dimension that personifies what Mauritius is all about. The restaurants are all excellent and my only slight concern is that the menu choice in Annabella's is set every evening and subjectively I would have preferred a limited choice, particularly when I am on vacation. However there are other restaurant choices on the resort including the adjacent sister hotel, Awali and they are all very good. Just to mention that the pastry chef needs special mention as the croissants and pastries are the best that I have every eaten in any hotel in the world and that is not an understatement. I have not yet mentioned the world-class Heritage Golf Club, which is part of the resort. This championship golf facility rates with the best I have ever played. In the wind it can be challenging but it has to be one of the most beautiful courses in the world. The magnificent layout and design ensures a golf experience that is really very enjoyable and the conditioning for a resort course really impressed me and was way above expectation.
All in all Heritage Le Telfair is a jewel in the Indian Ocean and quite magnificent in every respect and I thoroughly recommend you consider this paradise next time you want to unwind and "get away from it all". Enjoy Mauritius it is truly magnificent.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor suite on the beach with an outside shower and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank WilsonGD
Dear Guests,

We wish to thank you for having taken the time to write such a fantastic review.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your holidays, it was a real pleasure to be at your service once again.

Thank you for your excellent evaluation of the resort and the golf course.

Your appreciation have been conveyed to Coco and the Pastry Chef . We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,380 reviews
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!