After searching and comparing a lot of hotels, we decided to book ‘Le Telfair’ and stayed there from 8 till 26 may 2009. We arrived at 8.00 am. and after a quick check-in they guided us to our room. A marvelous see-view room next to the pool. The luggage came immediately and so we could go for breakfast. Very nice and stylish ‘Villeroy & Boch’ tableware on perfect set tables. Mmm. A good sign.
‘Le Telfair’ is open from December 2004 and everything is well maintained and clean. The gardens are nice, the rooms spotless, the bars and restaurants are cosy, …. For example : every evening the pool- and beachboys wrapped the umbrellas, collect the cushions from the loungers,…. and in the morning the other way. A lot of work, but is worthy and the guests appreciated it. Guests are really pampered and spoilt in this hotel.
The restaurants : A tasty choice of all kind of food, and if you want anything special, just ask and they do everything to get it for you. Our butler Kanen arranged al the reservations in the different restaurants at once. You can also book a table in the restaurants of the ‘Heritage’ next door, so we did. (A huge different with the ‘Rui Palace Punta Cana’ last year, were I had to queue in line at 8.00 in the morning every day to get a table in the ‘a la carte’-restaurants) We like to eat,… we travel the world to eat in the best restaurants (last September we’ve gone to El Bulli in Spain the nr 1 in the world), and I must say. We were impressed by the quality of this hotels kitchen. Every restaurant is different, has a good balanced menu and winelist and the service is brilliant. Kanen and the concierge also booked a heli flight and a table at ‘Spoon des Iles’ by Alain Ducasse in the St. Geran. Marvelous.
I played golf at Le Chateau, a challenged course, nice setting and also very well maintained. (free greenfees).
The spa is also worth a visit. well trained people, nice atmosphere,....
We discover the island by private limo from ‘White Sands’, by group (bus) also from ‘White Sands’ and by hotel cab. The cab was the cheapest and best way.
When we decided to stay at the pool, Alvin noticed us and hurried with his towels and covers to make up the loungers. Service that we only get the same way in ‘Twinpalms in Phuket’ also a Small Luxury Hotel. I met people who stayed at the 6 star St. Regis (Bali), they had to reserve loungers with a book or a towel in the morning….
I only can say THANK YOU STAFF for making our holiday Unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre