“As close to perfect relaxation as I think is possible!”
Review of Tamassa

Tamassa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Mossley
“As close to perfect relaxation as I think is possible!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Only arrived here yesterday morning but so blown away by this place!
The island is beautiful, had a private transfer to the hotel from the airport which only took 40min.
First impressions of the hotel were that of a real luxary resort. We were surprised at home much was included which many rosorts would have charged for. There is a free phone in reception which can be used for international calls, free wifi throughout the resort, free water sports... The list goes on.

We paid for an upgrade to a beach front premium suite, and although I'm sure standard rooms are fine, this was well worth the extra couple hundred pound (bargin)! The room and view is fantastic complete with everything you can possibly want or need, there is a free laundry service (premium rooms only I think), the room is practically on the beach with fantastic views.
The staff are great and cant do enough for you, there is a real feel of luxuary and relaxation!
We spent a couple hours in the hotel soa this morning and had a few treatments each, and you couldn't expect more!

Due to my own poor planning I needed to purchase some swim shorts when here and thrre is a small shop on site, however it is extremely expensive and so far the only downside, so much is included it almost felt like been ripped off in return. Worked out about £80 for a non-brand pair of male swim shorts which would have cost £10 back home! My own fault I guess!

Upon arrival we were asked if we were celebrating anything, we were, we had just got engaged and it was also my fiancee's birthday, at evening tea dinner that night they brought out a cake for us, such a simple but thoughtful thing!

To summarise, there probably is more luxurius hotels on the island... But I'll gaurantee they'll be remarkably more expensive! If you want a 5* luxary holiday at a relistic price then look no further, spend the extra on the room upgrade, pack and prepare well and have what will quite possibly the best beach holiday you'll ever have!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Cfox1404
Ashvin B, Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear CFox1404,

Many thanks for your review which we have all appreciated.

We have also taken good note of those expensive shorts which i totally agree needs to reviewed.

Most important, very happy to read that your fiancee and yourself, both enjoyed the cake we organised to celebrate that special occasion.

ashvin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Tamassa Hotel, what an amazing place to stay in Mauritius!!! One of the many things that is a stand out in this hotel is the friendly and always helpful staff members. They were always ready to help out with any of our queries and were always willing to help and do what they can to make this holiday a fantastic one. The cocktails were amazzzing and the specially organized beach dinners is something that we will never forget (thanks to the resturant manager who really looked after us:) I will definitely come back to Mauritius and stay at Tamassa Hotel and will recommend anyone to stay there as well. It was a very sad experience to leave Tamassa and the friends we have made during our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the Boat House is very good as you can see the beach and it is still very close to al...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Darling_1017,

What an amazzzzing comment and thank you so much!

These nice lines gave a real boost to the team members, without whom, we wouldn't stand out.

See you very very soon.

Regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have spent one week at Tamassa and experienced service like I have not experienced before. The staff was always very helpfull and they organised our picnic baskets for us when we went on our tours for the day. I have enjoyed eating on the beach my three course gourmet meals with special coctails mixed for me. I found the all inclusive package very good because I knew before hand how much I paid and did not have to worry about any extra costs. All I can say is that my stay at Tamassa was wonderfull. Thank you for everyone that helped to make it special for me.

Room Tip: Close to the beach cabana is good because it is not so close to the b-bar's and restaurants. Mo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear Room_Ten_Sixteen,

Hope the return flight was not too long and we certainly hope to welcome you back very soon.

Rest assure that we will try our utmost to allocate you the same room (i take it it was 1016? :-) )

Thank you again for having chosen us and again, i will definitely pass on the nice lines to all our team members who is always striving for perfection.

bolton
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Firstly before I add a comment, I have to say the people who complained about this place, absolutely ignore them. I was a little apprehensive as to what to expect but it is truly, jaw droppingly, beautiful. On entering these beautiful hotel grounds, we were met by our lovely wedding co-ordinator Nehaa. Take an extra £500 to cover flower and photographer expense if your getting married there.The room was lovely, very comfortable and cleaned regularly. The staff here are phenomenal and bend over backwards to accomodate. We were alone before we married but felt like part of a huge family by the time we left and so many of their staff made us feel so special and assisted us in being part of our day.. It was out of this world. Nehaa was our gorgeous wedding co-ordinator and she ensured from start to finish that everything went perfect and was kind enough to be our witness...Amazing. They did beautful little surprises for us within our package that we couldnt of even imagined that added extra sparkle to make our day magical. It totally exceeded our expectations.
At breakfast u do see birds buzzing about near the doors but only because it would be too unbearably hot for diners and staff if the doors were closed. (If people are looking for a place without birds then maybe they should visit a well known place in Germany where birds dont fly). Seriously.. I loved it. They didnt come too close but were beautiful anyway. As for the complaints about ants.. what a joke! Its like a tourist coming to Britain and complaining they saw a spider or two or even a worm. Nature exists everywhere u go. Ive seen worse ant problems in the UK. These people work long days and love what they do and everything they do is done with such grace and fine etiquette. Vissen the Showbar waiter who hit it off with my fella instantly. He made us feel like royalty and was chosen (rightfully so) as my fellas witness. This man could work for royalty as he has customer relations perfected. Vitesh the comedian with a wicked grin and always happy. Pooja the beautiful greeter with the most welcoming smile in the world, at the Show bar restaurant. Gael and Fabian like a comic double act but awesome guys. Kearsley who saved us from drifting out to sea :o) one day. they were there, before we even realised we were heading for trouble. Wesley the lovely boathouse man. I cannot say enough fab things about this place and its staff. It rained only a few hours one day while we were there. So I took advantage and went swimming in the rain. Pool actually. Just because I could. The food in the playa restaurant is a la carte and the food in the Showbar is buffet style. The player is better so ensure on your first night book in here for each evening.of your stay. Still the buffet has something for everyone so good for families. Dont forget to buy rock/sea shoes before you go. Every day we had something different to do. Two places worth visiting which will take your breath away. The Grand Basin was truly amazing, I received a wedding blessing off a priest. Amazing in itself. the statue of Shivra and the others too..words are not enough as this place will make your chin fall. Casala Park to do the walking with lions. An experience of a lifetime. Just wonderful. If the Tamassa should read this, Thankyou for making our dream wedding come true,

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wakaspammy
Ashvin B, Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Wakaspammy,

I had a chance to look at the wedding pictures.....just amazing!!

Thank you for marking this memorable time of your life at Tamassa and a special hello from Neha who i have to admit did a great organisation.

See you next year to celebrate the 1st wedding anniversary.

Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are staying in the resort for 11 nights, but tonight was a special birthday celebration. May I say what an excellent job the hotel did of making our celebration special. They organised a private beach bonfire for my husband with a private dining experience on the beach, of prawns, crab and lobster, followed by chocolate souffle and a personalised celebration cake. Fantastic! The hotel team really made sure our evening was most enjoyable, with little effort required by me (other than to enjoy it!).

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank PorscheGirl997
Dear Porschegirl997,

So glad that we made the night very special and we thank you for having trusted us in organising this special occasion.

We sincerely hope to be welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely as always,

mauritius
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We had a nice n peaceful time two weeks back, really a lovely place to spend some time , we had great weather ,excellent food , delicious cocktails , enjoyable activities with great sega night n really warm welcome n rapid n good service. Would like to pay special thanks to Mrs Devianee, Mr Satish , Mr Kovilen n Mr Raffick.

Room Tip: Any room will do, they are all facing the sea
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mag g
Dear Mag G,

Warm greetings from the south!

Thank you for having taken the time in sharing your experience among us and great to read that it was a WONDERFUL one.

Rest assure that i will pass on the special thanks to Devianee, Satish, Kovilen & Raffick who among other, participated in creating that nice experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This was my second time staying at the Tamassa (the previous time was in July 2012, with friends), and it was another nice couple of days. It's a beautiful location, with lovely landscaping and plenty of facilities included to keep everyone busy. The boathouse crew are very helpful and there is plenty to do there (canoes, pedalos, waterskiing, windsurfing, glass bottom boat etc). On the surface it is a great hotel - but the small things could definitely be improved for it to feel like a 4 star hotel (poor fittings / fixtures, food quality / variety etc). Depending on the kind of deal you get, this could be a great getaway though!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank HilaryDXB
Ashvin B, Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear HilaryDXB,

Many thanks for your feedback.

I read that it is your second time with us and i hope not the last.

I invite you to contact me on info@tamassaresort.com to see how we could enhance your next stay among us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Zilwa Attitude
#1 of 3 in Calodyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,372 reviews
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Tamassa? Share your experiences!