“Fantastic resort”
Review of Tamassa Resort

Tamassa Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed for honeymoon and it couldn't have been better. The personal service we received was second to none. A* for service, atmosphere and experience. Can't come recommended enough. Well done Tamassa!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us. Saying so, we wish to thank you for choosing us.

The team will be pleased to read your views.

Tamassa

Write a ReviewReviews (5,467)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have just returned this week from a week at La Tamassa. Due to circumstances I was travelling alone and sometimes needed some help as I was on a crutch. I found all the staff to be super helpful and friendly.

I would like to especially mention Stephan and Kam from the entertainments team who helped me in the gym, which was of good quality, and spent a few evenings keeping me entertained by playing pool with me. Bharat at the Reception desk was also extremely helpful.

I dived nearly every day and would like to make special mention of Desiree rom the Dive Centre who drove me to dive sites, carried my equipment and was more helpful than I could have hoped for. I would say that diving is extremely expensive in Mauritius: about £38 per dive (with discount because I had my own equipment).

I also joined an organised bike ride and then went out on my own on the bike to explore the area. The entertainments team were always active around the hotel but you could chose what you wanted to join in with or not, as the case may be.

I am a vegetarian and was very happy with the food every day in the show restaurant which is buffet style. There was always plenty of choice for a vegetarian at all meal times. At breakfast there was freshly scrambled egg or freshly made omelettes with all types of cheese, bread and rolls which you could toast, and fruit. For dinner I would have a starter of salad, dressing and croutons, then dinner which would depend on the theme for the evening. My favourite was Indian night with a paneer masala. Every night there were lots of fantastic desserts to choose from and the chef would always let me know what contained gelatine so I could avoid it. The burger van at lunchtime makes the most fantastic vegetarian burgers.

My room was 1073 on the ground floor. It was situated perfectly directly facing the sea and was kept clean. Everything in the hotel is accessible without the need for steps.

I was able to keep in touch with my family by making some quick phone calls on the free 'phone home phone' between the entrance and Reception. Such a lovely idea, and it is little touches like this that make the difference.

The weather was a bit sunny and a bit cloudy, to be expected in June, but every day was around 23 - 25 degrees centigrade which was pleasant.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone and was sad to leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane C

Dear Jane,

What an incredible feedback. Team Tamassa would like to thank you for sharing your beautiful views on this global platform.

We understand the importance of food in any vacation, and that’s why, our culinary team caters to all, be it vegetarian guests or any specific allergy.

You will be glad to learn that the beach at Tamassa has one of the best snorkeling points across the whole of Mauritius.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at Tamassa for 6 days in mid June '14. It was a honeymoon trip. We chose Tamassa based on TripAdvisor reviews. n we never regretted.. :)
Best service, best location, best ambience and excellent beach!! Don't miss adventure water sport activities provided by resort on d beach..
Definitely my first choice next time I m going to Mauritius!

2  Thank Digvijay C

Dear Digvijay,

We are thankful to Trip Advisor, not just for giving all travellers an opportunity to put forward their views, but because of those views, we had an opportunity to serve your goodself.

The team is delighted to learn that you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us.

It is a pleasure to learn that Tamassa will be your first choice, upon your return to the Paradise Island.

We look forward to have another opportunity to serve you soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have been to Tamassa a couple of times, in couple, family as well as with friends. We had been there with our friends last December and had such great fun.
The greatest feature of the hotel are the large swimming pools! Its a great place to relax around and chit chat and have drinks and fun with friends.
The rooms which are nearer to the beach are the best as well as the restaurant found almost on the beach. You can also enjoy a lunch or barbecue on the beach and the food is simply awesome!
Some of the rooms are not very spacious but cool.

We definitely had a great time!

Room Tip: Rooms beach front are the best
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shalena FW F

Dear Shalena,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I wish to take this opportunity to show our gratitude to your goodself for your loyalty towards our estate.

The team is delighted to learn that you have enjoyed all your stays with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

It is a great experience to stay at Tamassa. Excellent service,friendly staff, beautiful location, huge swimming pools,various water sports activities, huge variety of food specially separate counter for Indian food,Free international calling :) I will highly recommend this resort.

5  Thank Deepika_Patel

Dear Deepika,

It is always a pleasure to hear such kind words from our guests.

We are delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us.

The team works extremely hard to create amazing moments for our guests.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had to make a quick decision to travel to Mauritius due to our original honeymoon being cancelled to Kenya. I read all the review and finally made a decision that the Tamassa was the ideal hotel and spa for us.
It was fantastic, the staff were all amazing and so friendly and would bend over backwards to help you.
We met some great people there and I would recommend a stay here to anyone.
The rooms very immaculate, cleaned in the morning and turned down at night.
This is a large resort and we never felt like we were sat in other peoples pockets.
Highly recommended to anyone looking at staying here.

4  Thank Tony N

Dear Tony,

Sorry to hear about your honeymoon trip to Kenya being cancelled, however, I am glad, we got the opportunity to be at your service.

Tamassa is certainly a paradise for honeymooners, with its beautiful layout, lush landscaping, amazing beach and the most wonderful people of the world.

Team Tamassa is delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

it is indeed a great experience to stay at tamassa..... every aspect of luxury we enjoyed a lot along with water activities and outdoor adventure with sport activities..... in all its the best package for a couple to enjoy with pure comfort and tasty food.

3  Thank Ajit S

Dear Ajit,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

Indeed, the beach at Tamassa is special, with extra ordinary water activities, be it snorkeling, water sports, kayaking, or even kite surfing.

We are delighted that you had a great stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Tamassa Resort? Share your experiences!