6,027 results
All reviews burger van la playa entertainment team ice cream parlour beach room beach restaurant special thanks sea urchins a la carte restaurant our honeymoon superior room at lunchtime glass bottom boat all inclusive package water sports boat house main restaurant
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Hotel comprises of rooms in small clusters. Grounds are vast so lots of room.
Rooms are lovely, made up twice a day. Mini bar with beer, fizzy drinks and water filled daily. Huge bathroom and dressing area, fab shower. (British plugs). Laundry service available £70 per room for 2 weeks. Doesn't matter how many times you use it. Send before 10am, get back later that day.
Free boats, pedalos, water skiing. Many sea urchins and coral, take water shoes.
Food is well presented and a huge selection. If you have fussy eaters with you, the chef will make whatever you ask for.
Lunch- in bar area, a little short on choice but the burger van and ice cream parlour make up for this.
Gym, well equipped. Spa, expensive but worth a treat. Spa area has sun beds, nice for honeymooners.
Staff are exceptional, friendly and couldn't do enough for you. Waiter service on beach and at pool.
NothIng round about the hotel so you can't go out. Great if you want to lap up the Luxury and chill out but we were a bit stir crazy.
Bar service can be extremely slow and this lets the hotel down badly. Don't want to wait 10-15 mins for a drink.
Hire a car (same side of road as uk). Easy to get around, this is a beautiful island.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Lesley B
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Lesley B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you truly enjoyed our room comfort and cleanliness along with our water sports activities. I totally agree with your good self, our chef and his team are always around to ensure that our guest’s palates are being pampered and our chef requested me to thank you for your sincere appreciations for his cuisine.

My sincerely apologies for the shortfalls you encountered during your holiday and I can reassure you that it is definitely not indicative of how we showcase our hospitality to our guest.

Your review has been shared among our management team mainly for the constructive points you mentioned and I can reassure you that myself along with Suhaylah, our Training & Quality Assurance Manager, Anesh, our Food& Beverage Manager and the entire management team have already started working on the improvement points mentioned by your good self.

Team Tamassa along with my good self deeply wish to have another opportunity to welcome you back to celebrate life.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We spent an idyllic fortnight in this lovely resort. We were given a lovely room with a beach view.
It is winter in Mauritius, which was reflected in the weather, but we still had some lovely days to sunbathe by the stunning beach. Take snorkels for exploring the reef, and beach shoes to protect your feet from sea urchins and coral.
We didn't take advantage of as many of the beach activities offered as we expected, mainly because we ran out of time, and partly because of rain.
One of the highlights for us was the stunning beach. It is a public beach, and on several occasions we walked for a good hour along the virtually deserted beach to the left, peering at rockpools, and finding shells.
The staff were exemplary. I don't have room to mention them all, but we received outstanding service from Nirma in the B Bar, Vishal at breakfast, and Annabelle in Playa who searched for us with a magnificent cake to celebrate my birthday. Thank you!
We took bikes out one morning. The bikes are well maintained, and the member of staff who checked them out to us ensured they were the correct height, and that our helmets were secure. However, bike locks are not supplied.
We hired a car for a couple of days which was great for seeing a lot of attractions. Driving in the South/South West is easy. It's not too busy, but you do need to watch out for the stray dogs strolling across the roads.
Also, do take at least one trip on the local bus service. If you're lucky, you'll catch a bus that is owned and customised by the driver. We caught a bus that was like a party bus- great fun, great atmosphere, with music pumping over the speakers!
Thank you Tamassa for making our holiday so special. It is a magical location, and the staff were all first class.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank ZiggyLondon

Dear ZiggyLondon,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday experience on TripAdvisor.

You cannot imagine the smiles that you brought on our faces by sharing the wonderful experience you had with us from your very first step with us. At Tamassa, our aim has been and will always be towards perfection and to ensure that all our guests get a 5 star service even though being only a 4 star resort.

We are thrilled to read that you took a real pleasure in enjoying every aspect of our resort from stunning beach to our bikes rides.

I totally agree with your good self, it is our team members who makes this place so special, they work with an incredible passion and with a culture of always going the extra mile to ensure that our guests celebrate life with us and I am sure that your amazing words will definitely serve as a great motivation for all of us, specially Nirma, Vishal, Annabelle.

It is absolutely wonderful to see that you truly got indulged in the Mauritian culture even going to the extent of trying our local buses and we are evenly happy to see that you truly adored this experience.

We will definitely keep your wonderful words heartedly till your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My family and I stayed here at the beginning of July. Although the weather wasn't great, we truly had a great time at this hotel. The staff were the friendliest I have ever met and the resort was very beautiful.
I did feel that the premier family room was looking a bit tired but it was cleaned twice a day and towels refreshed with a turn down service every night.
We had the luxury of dining in the Playa restaurant every second night as it was lovely to be served, but the food in the main restaurant was also of a very high standard. My advice would be to eat at 7 pm as it gets extremely busy after that.
Hotel staff are at hand at every opportunity asking if their customers are enjoying their holiday and always asking for feedback which I haven't come across.
I came home and recommended the hotel to my son if he was looking for somewhere to go for his honeymoon.
If you are wondering why I only scored it a 4 out of 5, I deducted a point as I thought my specific premier family room looked a bit tired and I felt that there was not enough entertainment at the hotel on the wet days.
I would recommend this hotel and I would return.

5  Thank B0nnie1969

Dear B0nnie1969,

Thank you for taking the time to share the recent holiday experience you had with us.

I feel really sad whilst reading your review as I can see that the weather was unfortunately not completely in your favor during your stay with us.

I sincerely apologize as after reading your review, I can only conclude that we unfortunately we were not able to fully satisfied your good self.

Your review has been shared among our entire management team who will be working on the constructive points mentioned by your good self, along with their respective team. At Tamassa, we value and focus a lot on the feedback of our guests as we all know that it is the only key to our success.

Our chef and his team requested me to thank you for your sincere appreciations for their cuisine, I must say that they truly work with an extreme passion and have adopted since long a culture of always going the extra mile when it comes to pamper our guest’s palates.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

Team Tamassa looks forward to have you with us for another thrilling experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

This hotel is really nice for a beautiful holiday. It was a very good meal, spa was excelent and the services too. We enjoyed our honeymoon as well . The room was cleand and the view was brillant! 1**!

Room tip: Our room was 3047
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laura G

Dear Laura G,

Thank you for sharing this amazing feedback describing your holiday experience with us.

At Tamassa, we truly knows the importance of a perfect honeymoon and holiday experience and it is the reason why we have since long adopted a culture of always going the extra mile to ensure that our guests truly celebrate life with us.

Your review is a true testimonial of the passion and hard work of our team members.

Team Tamassa deeply wish to welcome you back for more and more celebrations.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My second visit here to this stylish hotel on the coastline. My last visit was eight years ago and it's even better. A warm welcome from the staff who organise your luggage whilst you have a cool drink. The staff are exceptional and only too pleased to help make sure your stay at the hotel is memorable.

The rooms are bright and airy and immaculately clean. Each day Johnathan did towel folding from peacocks to hanging monkeys. Again the attention to detail is very important in this hotel. Mini bar refreshed each morning and plenty of beverages to choose from.

The food. Delicous plenty of variety some of it cooked fresh the way you liked it. Fresh fruit always available as well as soup. The Burger van at lunch time. Best burgers I,ve tasted in a long while. Worth the wait as there was always a queue. Lots to choose from. As an alternative there is a small buffet available for salads, curries and other dishes if you fancy a change. Afternoon tea also available if you can manage to eat it
Try the al a carte restaurant. Wow amazing food including pineapple and carrot soup!

We took time out to visit the Wishing Tree. We made our wish and tied our ribbons to the tree. There were hundreds of red and white ribbons from previous guests surrounded in a very tranquil garden. Next to this is the Spa again beautifully laid out with a pool, sauna, steam and therapy rooms for a range of treatments. Relaxing beds to enjoy a peaceful rest. Free water sports too down by the beach lovely guys down there and the snorkelling is very good. Lots of lovely fish to see.

A free red telephone box to call home anytime in the lobby great idea and we used this on several occasions to keep in contact back UK.

Parvesh you have an amazing way with your guests and staff. You made us feel very special and individual as though we were VIPs. Nothing was too much for your lovely smiley staff they were happy, eager and sincere in everything they did. I could go on for ever but all I can say to you is we will be back. We returned home fully refreshed with lots of memories to look back of our stay on your beautiful island. Don't change a thing you guys are totally amazing.

Room tip: Quiet rooms away from bar area near the water sports centre are great
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Steven R

Dear Steven R,

Thank you for sharing the fantastic holiday experience you had with us.

We are truly amazed to see that you thoroughly enjoyed every single moment spent with us from our room comfort, delicious cuisine of our chef to our relaxing spa. I can see that you also did few snorkeling trips which I confirm is a truly bliss experience which will remain as an everlasting memory.

It is nice to see that our phone home from which you can call free anywhere in the world was an added factor to your holiday experience along with the calmness of our wish garden.

It is always a blessing to read such amazing reviews like yours which speaks so highly about our people. I truly believe that our team members are the central pillar of our resort and they work with an incredible passion at all time to ensure that our guests celebrate life to its fullest.

It will be a pleasure for me to share your sincere appreciations to Parvesh, Jonathan and the whole team as they truly deserve all the credit for the success of your holidays.

We truly wish to have another wonderful opportunity to welcome you back in not a distant future.