“Food is slow, boy it's worth it!”
Review of Victor Place

Victor Place
Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Breakfast, lunch and dinner was our go to. Staff was friendly and welcoming and the food was something amazing. I still dream about the chicken and cheese baguette! The food does take a little longer to come only because it's one man cooking and every dish has heart and soul.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Probably the best place to eat in Vang Vieng, tasty food, friendly and helpful staff. "Friends" playing in loops - overall we just loved it.
Order their Schnitzel or Red Curry for pure pleasure.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We were in Vang Vieng for 5 days and ate in Victor's place every day.
The staff is awesome, you have FRIENDS on all the time, the dishes are the cheapest and the biggest in the city (maybe even in all Laos).
Every evening victor make some cool drinking games so you can go eat there and after that start your evening.
You must visit in Voictor's place if you are in Vang Vieng.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

First time we went to this place we found it great since they were playing Friends episodes on TV and you could just chill. However, the old staff guy, I don't know if is the owner, but the previous reviews saying he's great make no sense. His rudeness is quite appalling. We've been in Laos long enough to know they're not service enthusiasts, but this is a higher degree. The presence of people seemed to already bother him. The food we ordered was just ok, and only one out of two cocktails came. Last but not least, he added 2000kip extra in the bill out of nowhere, to which I had to complain to get the right price.

The next day we thought to go to at least enjoy friends. However, after ordering something he told us "No TV" and went away. Apparently is something random. He seemed even more bothered than the day before, if this is even possible. Again, only one out of two cocktails came. Moreover, next to us the pillows had a really bad smell. Left as fast as possible. Wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Enric O
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

First of all, I never ever gave to any place just one star (or less than 4)!
We saw a lot of good comments about this bar + TV series Friends playing continuously,which is great! We went yesterday for lunch, older guy (maybe owner) came to us very bothered by our presence in the restaurant. My boyfriend ordered and I asked if yellow curry is spicy. He answered all nervous 'yes'. Then I asked if he could recommend me something not spicy, I would take anything and he just pointed at menu, like choose whatever. Then later he forgot to bring one shake to my boyfriend. Anyway, we were eating our 'okay' dishes and enjoying episodes of Friends. We asked for our bill and he added some imaginary addictional charges, so we needed to take menu and show him that we shouldn't pay that much.
Today I didn't feel that good and we thought to hang out during lunch watching friends. Maybe that guy had a bad day or something and we should give him another chance, who are we to judge! Today the same guy was again super rude and bothered by any customer at his place. We asked if he could put Friends on TV, as it was off and this place was famous just by this TV show! He angrily replied 'No Friends' and left. Again, my boyfriend didn't get his shake for the second time in the second day! So we were really disappointed, especially with the service and that we couldn't see Friends.
Overall, I don't know why this place has so many good comments as it really smelly, dirty, with no quality dishes and super rude staff place! I'm sorry to leave this comment, but it is true and won't recommend to anyone this place. We definitely wasted our time and ruined our moods..

2  Thank Emilija K