“Not much but a simple bakery”

Luang Prabang Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Vang Vieng
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Vientiane, Laos
“Not much but a simple bakery”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had lunch with friends as we were travelling back to Vientiane and needed food. We choose to eat here but I found it to be simply a bakery that sells bread, coffee and cakes. I had a ham and cheese baguette which wasn't something special. Sells nice fresh bread but can easily get that anywhere in Vang Vieng.

• Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Vientiane, Laos
“OK, but loud horrible music”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Had a sort of very hard brownie and a banana shake for dessert after eating elsewhere.

Everything was relatively fine but wouldn't go back as it was unnecessarily noisy with extremely bad pop music blasting away.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice inside, decent coffee, so-so baked goods”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have gone here a few days during my visit. I like the inside and I can comfortable write in my journal or read my Kindle. The Laos coffee is good and strong. I just didn't find the baked goods to be great. To me they are similar to baked goods that would come in plastic packaging in the US.

I don't find many other places in VV like this, so that is why I made it my morning coffee spot.

The service could be better, but that seems to be the case almost everywhere in Laos. You always need to get the servers attention. They never come to you. When my dishes are empty please remove them. I shouldn't have to call you over to clear my table.

They do have a lot of flowers in the restaurant which is nice, but it also attracts bees. I left before I wanted to today because there were 3 bees that would not leave my table.

Sydney, Australia
“Best baguettes ever”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Like most people we came here because of reviews. We were in Vang Vieng for 2 days and came here 4 times! Baguettes were delicious and fresh with many flavours to chose from. The shakes (get the coffee or coconut shake) were fantastic. Wasn't so keen on the baked good though as they tasted a bit stale. However would recommend for baguettes!

Luang Prabang Province, Laos
“Bakery”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent coffee and food, plus good wifi. Nice clean place to sit, eat and just be. Very central and lovely staff.