“Beautiful farm, beautiful food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 79 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Cuisines: Contemporary, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located only 4 km North of Vang Vieng Town, along side the refreshing Nam Song river with spectacular views of the unique mountains and exposed jagged cliff faces showing their natural beauty. Sunset over the mountain ridge is fabulous, enjoying a glass of home made organic mulberry or star fruit wine, beer Lao, tropical fruit shake or mulberry tea which compliments our Lao & Western cuisine. Restaurant is open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Famous home grown and processed organic mulberry items are sort after along with the handmade organic goat cheese, huge pancakes and Lao desserts. A range of fresh organic teas, coffee and liquor available. Separate meals or group offers available. FREE Wifi, Toilets onsite, access to river and organic farm. More detailed information is available on our website. We look forward to meeting you to share our fabulous place, The Organic Mulberry Farm Restaurant Team.
Shanghai Region, China
“Beautiful farm, beautiful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The cafe is surrounded by farm lands where we walked arund making friends with local children who were helping their families work. The food was so fresh and good. The goat cheese and fried mulberry leaves I highly recommend. I was also able to purchase several packages of tea made by local women to bring home with me.

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
“Salas by river have gorgeous seating. Very fresh food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This place wasn't what I expected. It's actually right on the river and I couldn't see any part of the farm, though I was too hot to look around much. Food was very fresh though not super flavorful. I had the chicken kip (minced chicken). For dessert I had sticky rice and mango. The rice was a bit too soggy with milk but it was still good. The location as of today on the trip advisor map is completely wrong. It's on the river near a tubing entrance. Be prepared for lots of young tourists drinking in the pre gaming bar near by. I loved watching the kids okay down by the river and all of a sudden a herd of cattle came down the slope. Great people watching!

Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent food, nasty rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were planning to stay at the farm for up to five nights but left after the second due to the poor standard of accommodation.
We realised the rooms would be pretty rustic and they were cheap, but we waited 2.5 hours for the mud hut to be cleaned and prepared after we arrived from a bus trip from Luang Prabang.
Despite being cleaned, the hut still had lots of ants, a badly leaking toilet and very thin, hard mattresses.
The food was excellent, and the surroundings were beautiful - the river and karsts.
It's a good place to visit for lunch but not to stay.
If you're going to the effort to run a guesthouse then at least do it properly!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London
“Nice lunch but go for Lao food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Went there for lunch especially with their famous goats cheese in mind but to our great disappointment they'd run out of goats cheese. My friend's chicken kebab was swimming in a sauce she found overpowering and unpleasant in taste and her french fries were quite greasy and soggy. I was much more lucky with the Lao food I ordered. Well, they'd also run out of sticky rice and it would've been nice if they'd mentioned that at the point of ordering food, but luckily the purple steamed rice that was served instead was delicious. The fresh spring rolls were great, as was my tofu laap. In fact, it was the best I've had in Laos so far, even without sticky rice to complement it. The outdoors garden seating is great and it was fun watching the local kids playing in the river. I'd recommend this place but it might be best to stick to the Lao food. I really hope that next time I visit they'll also have some goats cheese in stock!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the farm for 5 nights, volunteering and relaxing by the river. With the help of my friends, I managed to try almost everything on the menu. At first i felt that the slightly more expensive menu was over my budget, but I quickly realized that the quality and portion size were well worth it (farm fresh eggs!). The food is all organic and I found every dish delicious. One of my favourites was the chicken sate with peanut sauce, eggplant and purple rice. I also enjoyed the mulberry pancake, mulberry shake, goat cheese sandwich and vegetable soup with egg. After my stay I feel relaxed, rejuvenated and ready to continue my travels!