“How it ought to be done!”
Review of Fluid - CLOSED

Fluid
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Manchester, United Kingdom
“How it ought to be done!”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I arrived in vangvienne to meet people I'd met somewhere else in the world. They told me it was a great fun place to have fun n see a beautiful part of the world. And it is, stunning, Laos sucked me in and left me wanting a lot more time than I had available! What did disappoint, however, was the nightlife/entertainment. As is with many touristy parts of Asia, it was all part of the loud chart music and cheap booze and, as fun as that is, isn't hugely my bag. That is, until I discovered Fluid. The guys that run the place were so accomodating, had a brilliant sound system, played at the right volume with a beautiful mix of daytime chill out, getting progressivley party towards the evening! Food was really good, local food and overall the place just had a feel of authenticity, fun but at the same time, being sensitive to where it is!! I got chatting to a couple of guys who own the place, fromthe UK, they were FULL of local knowledge, and more than happy to sit n chew the fat!
Well done to the fluid crew, thanks for all your efforts!!

• Visited December 2010