“Best Guesthouse in Loas..and the view :)”

Souksomboun Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vang Vieng
Souksomboun Guesthouse
Ranked #62 of 96 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
“Best Guesthouse in Loas..and the view :)”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I can honestly say this is one of the best guesthouses we've stayed in in Laos! We originally only booked for one night but ended up staying for 5. The man and wife who run it were lovely and the young boy who works there in-between school has excellent english and is one of the nicest people ive met in this country. The rooms are clean and the view at sunset is simply breath-taking! Couldnt recommend enough!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jally8

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed 26 November 2012

we stayed there for 5 nights. the staff was very friendly, especially the owner. and only the owner speaks english. the room got wifi, bathroom, tv and fan or aircon. we just paid 5 euros! the view was amazing, even from our bed! we had no problems at all. the owner even visited us in the hospital when i got sick! we can really recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slixaa
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I saw previous post when Ive already checked in...And I know people can have bad luck everywere...But when I went for lunch, I looked my bag and brought my passport etc. Also I put some stuff on top on my bag so I would see if someone was try to get in my bag.
I was gone for 1 hour and oh yes, they had been in my room, but lucky me, they could not get into my bag!

Ive told them and moved out (got my money back)...but the laughed at me, like "they couldn't steal anything so whats the problem".
DON'T GO THERE!!!!

And a big thank you for warning me /previous poster!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Vang Vieng hotels

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Last week we stayed at Souksomboun Guesthouse. At first everything seemed to be oke, real good price for quite a large room. But after we went on a motorbike trip we came back and had the feeling someone went trough our bags. The next day we went tubing so we locked 2 of our bags and closed our backpacks. When we got back our backpacks were open and some clothes were lying on the bed. They somehow opened the locked bags and stole money out of that. When we went to ask the reception about it they suddenly didn't speak English anymore!
Don't go here!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rik M
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Probably the cheapest guesthouse in town. Stayed there three nights. The room was clean and enough space for me. It was really paid off. Staff very friendly, especially the owner who was very hepful and speaks good english. Recommend it

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank danyboy d
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This guest house from my room has perfect view. But room is dirty, not comfortable. Bathroom need to be fixed. Food is not delicious. Need improve.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We were backpacking for 6 months in SE Asia and from our whole trip this place was memorable as it was great value, at least as cheap if not cheaper than most of the budget places we stayed and was really nice and clean. The owner and his family are very friendly, he speaks great English and is very willing to help with advice etc. A rarity in Vang Vieng where the locals have to contend with drunken westerners!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple