“Nice food but slow service”

Peeping Som's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 87 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Here during 'off peak' season. Restaurant was still busy. A 10 minute wait before we even got our menu. Food was delicious but service was slow. They forgot to give us a couple dishes so we had to ask a couple times. Overall, average. Staff were friendly though.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

BBQ was fun! It was my first time and a little confusing to figure out. Wish the staff were a little more helpful explaining the process but they were friendly enough. Once we for it figured it was delicious. Very reasonably priced

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Something new for me, but very tasty. Great selection of meets and fresh vegetables, quick service and Som is a great character.

2  Thank out n about a
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Good twist on the asian kitchen -lao basil spaghetti! Nice cold beers and friendly staff, bit away from the crazy party crowds too!

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Like the previous reviewer, I must have visited this place on a bad night.
I decided to splash out and ordered pepper steak medium rare.
To be fair the pepper sauce was to die for and the steak tasted great. However, The steak was so tough and full of gristle that my plate at the end consisted of no fewer than 20 lumps of partially chewed bits of meat that I was not physically able to chew through and swallow.
The waiter looked very surprised when he collected my plate and obviously knew there was a big problem, but did not ask or pass any comment.
The restaurant was quite busy at the time, so I adopted the British stiff upper lip, didn't cause a scene, paid the bill (no tip) and left.
I will certainly not be going back.

1  Thank RegularTravel12345