“Loved it.”

Adam's Rock climbing school
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Awsom day with a great crew. Went and had a talk to these guys in the morning was a bit drizzly but they said rain is no problem. Wasnt sure but signed up for full day with two of us. Showed up in jandels and Adam asked if we had shoes we could go get as walk/trek to wall is not easy. Turns out he wasnt joking. few others from different schools went up with jandels and struggled. its slippery with sharp rocks. Wall was awsom different climbs for all amazing view. our instructor "apple and "hop" were great help when a climb got difficult. they would only point out hold of you wanted them to. Would climb again with them for sure.

1  Thank Tommy G
There are newer reviews for Adam's Rock climbing school

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Amazing experience. For my first time rock climbing everything was perfect. I climb 3days et not more because I didn't have the possibility to stay much longer in the town :( I recommended a everyone to do this great experience. I really love it !

2  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Adam is a great guy and puts on a good day for anyone actively seeking to get closer to all those rock cliffs you see around Vang Vieng. They have a good set up for anyone who isn't highly experienced (but if you are, they also rent climbing gear to independent climbers too). Our group was a mix of first-time and casual climbers and we all felt that the difficulty presented was perfect for our skill. Also included was a very small walk after lunch to a cave that has musical rocks! That's right, hitting these certain rocks created different tones based on the size of the rock. All in all, a great day, with some great people (a slightly different crowd than you find floating down the river).

1  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I went to Vang Vieng with my main purpose being rock climbing. I had read that Laos ...Vang Vieng in particular was adding more sport climbing routes, with something for everyone. I was glad I picked Adams Climbing School. Adam and his staff were great. I spent a few days climbing there, and had the opportunity to try a few different areas. I had the same guide each time, Sien(sorry if I misspelled your name). He was great ...he pushed me to finish a few climbs that I didn't think I could do, and offered increasingly challenging climbs. The climbing in Vang Vieng is very reasonably priced and offers something for everyone. I had the opportunity to talk with the owner of the shop, Adam on a few occasions ...he is a very personable guy, who knows his stuff when it comes to climbing ...he even plays a mean guitar! Next time I'm back in Vang Vieng, I will definitely climb with Adams again!

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We booked with Adam's school because of the reviews, professionalism and attentiveness he gave each climber. Being outdoor people ourselves, this was one thing my partner and I really wanted to try, giving us the experience and knowledge to try climbing ourselves when we get back home. So were excited about doing a half day climb.

We turned up at 9.15 am for depart at 9.30am. We were with 2 other girls, another couple and two volunteers who were fairly new to helping out at the school.

When we got to the climbing walls, I was surprised to see many more people in a group climbing, obviously with another school.

We were shown briefly how to hold, step and use the body when climbing. We were also shown how to tie the figure of eight knot securing it to our harness. We were a bit disappointed as we were not shown how to belay which states this on the half day climb. The day was enjoyable...we did 4 vertical climbs. We could not see Adam in our group and overheard that he was with his girlfriend in Thailand. There was another climbing school there, and the guys belaying, were encouraging their climbers continuously where to put their hands and feet, really egging them on, helping them climb. Whether it was their first time climbing or not, I don't know. But the guys were on the ball.
The guys helping us, not sure if they felt intimidated by them or whether it was because they had celebrated the Chinese New Year the night before...but they did not seem to be so encouraging and forthcoming in where to place our feet and hands and to correct us if necessary. My partner noticed that the guy belaying him was at times talking on his mobile, rather than concentrating and helping him climb. This unnerved him a little with the safety aspect of it and was unprofessional considering it was our first time climbing.
We did enjoy our experience, but would have liked to learn how to belay as well as was stated on the half day climb. It may have been different if Adam was with us.