“Great half day of climbing - wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Adam's Rock climbing school
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great half day of climbing - wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We did the half day climbing session in the morning and were able to easily book through our hostel the night before after we arrived to Vang Vieng. The company picked us up directly from our hostel and took us to their office so we could get climbing shoes and they provided us with a 1.5 liter of water for the day.

We drove to the climbing site which there were several other climbers climbing as well so it was a bit crowded but it never hindered us from climbing the route we wanted to having enough space to be enjoyable. The climbing staff was very helpful and spoke good english - they reviewed how to tie a climbing knot and let us practice several times until we felt comfortable. They had several people to belay and even allowed some of the other climbers to belay if they knew how to / were comfortable doing so. They were also helpful during the actual climb by providing tips as to where to place your hands and feet. It was a great day and we actually went tubing in the afternoon and had plenty of time to fit it all in. They dropped us off right at the tubing spot to continue on to our adventure. Definitely recommend for an activity in Vang Vieng!

Visited November 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dalian, China
“Very safe and friendly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Took a 3 day course very good guides thought me everything from the basic. Adam is also a great source of knowledge about Laos.

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great climbing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I went rock climbing with my friends just for half a day. it was very nice! I never did it before but stuff was friendly and professional and helped when needed! Its safe, we had no problems, and lots of fun! The spot is lush ;) and they provide bottles of water too.

Germanien
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice climbing spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

Tip: Bring additional water (the school only provides 1,5 L per person and half day, which is not enough when the sun is shining) and better wear trainers or trekking shoes!

We had a very good experience that day, the spot where we climbed was amazing, with a great view and cool climbing routes.

The gear was in excellent shape, some of the shoes even looked as if never worn before. The price negotiated for our group of six was also very good and I felt safe when belayed by the guides.

There were 3 beginners in our group. The only thing they learned was how to make a knot, but they didn't get any advise on how to climb, which is a little bit sad. The guides weren't really helpfull when you got a problem at the wall, their only tasks seemed to be to open the routes and to belay.

In the other group (also Adams school), 5 beginners were climbing with only one guide, so when we started our 4th route they just began their 2nd. They were pretty upset when they heard how much we had climbed already. And only 2 of us
were able to climb 4 routes, even if Adam had promised us 4-5 routes the previous day.

For real beginners without any experience, I'm not sure whether these guys are the best decission, maybe an organization with more encouraging guides would be better.

Visited September 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to learn to climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I did the three day course and loved it. I learnt safety techniques, top rope climbing, lead climbing, multi-pitch climbing and most importantly, climbing technique. I found the first couple of days pretty tough, tiring myself out by using my arms too much but then I was shown techniques to use my legs more and that transformed the experience. Loved it and definitely will be climbing again. The guys that run it are all good fun and have years of experience climbing in this area so they know it well. Apple in particular was an awesome instructor.

Visited July 2013