“Delicious”

Cuisines: Asian, European, Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We were very happy with the service, quality of food and price. It cost us 80 000 for two teas, entrée and two mains which I thought was quite reasonable. The restaurant had nice décor and raised platforms if you want experience eating at shallow tables. We're definitely going back.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was staying nearby and came here on my last day based on all the brilliant reviews.
Perhaps that was my downfall - preconceived expectations!
As while I could agree with everyone that yes, meals take a LONG time to come out (surprising that is the case for a quiet lunch with only one other table), I cannot agree with the rave reviews on the food.
I had the chicken satay and chicken cashewnut stirfry and found both bland, almost flavourless, and uninspiring. I didn't finish either as each meal didn't really interest me to continue with. Maybe could do with more spices, possibly have dulled it down for Falangs?

The mint and lemon drink however, that was great! The female owner/chef is also lovely.

Overall, though, it to me was a very very poor man's version of the brilliant Lao Kitchen in VTE.

1  Thank GAroundTown
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking forward to eating at AMD after reading such positive reviews on trip advisor. I ordered tofu in curry powder and my boyfriend ordered chicken red curry after reading recommendations on here. In comparison to Thailand, these curries were the worst we have eaten. Both of us said we could cook it better ourselves. Not sure if the owner/ man in charge was having a bad day but he seemed standoffish and quite rude despite us being very smiley and friendly. We felt that we were a hassle being there. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Charlieward222
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here 2 out of 3 nights in town.

There's a reason this is #1: the food in vang vieng is not great. Amd has a great Papaya salad and the stirfries are the way to go for your main. Tried the padkapao and it was tasty, but a bit dry compared to all the coconut based meals I just had in Thailand! About 15 minutes after placing your order you will see someone show up with the fresh ingredients needed for your dish. AMD is a little far from the main part of town, but the stir fry is well worth it.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice during out stay. Great food and a friendly couple that runs the place.
Be sure to try the mint and lemon shake. It'a like a virgin mojito. Delicious and refreshing. A dish worth mentioning is the chicken satay. The satay sauce had lemongrass in it, which made it like a crossing between sateh and curry. Yum!
(Note: be sure to read older reviews as the location on tripadvisor is incorrect)