“Lovely afternoon out”

US$127.50*
and up
Full Day Pak Ou Caves by Boat from Luang Prabang
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a really cool place to chill out and jump in the beautiful water. It's great because there are a lot of locals here too, so you get to feel like you're sharing something with Laos people. I got some pork from the food place, it was great but they don't speak any English (in hindsight learning some Laos would have been very helpful!). The cave was awesome, a horribly big climb up which is pretty much vertical in places, but worth it in my opinion. Scurrying through the dark cave, tripping in puddles in order to find the golden buddha was a cool little adventure :)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went to the Blue Lagoon and Cave by scooter, it was a bumpy but fun experience. The ride took about 30 minutes and there were a lot of detours if you are interested. We didn't visit any of them but I'm told that a lot of tourist think that the signs are for the Blue Lagoon and end up paying entrance-fee for far less interesting places.

Anyway, arriving we payed to enter the location and first you see the Blue Lagoon which was more green-isch. The spot is great for swimming and you can climb up on a huge tree and jump down. Don't worry about hitting bottom, it's five meter down, we checked.

After that you visit the caves by going 10 minutes uphill from the swim-spot. It's a great cave and I think a lot of people actually miss how big that thing really is. We explored it for a good 1,5 hour, going over and under and through a lot of small cracks. There is even a big chunk that looks like an elephant, see if you can find it. The headlamps cost 10,000 KIP so I suggest you bring your own.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was just in Laos last week, and a friend convinced my wife and I to take a side trip to this spot. He described it as being quite off the beaten path, and I was expecting a quiet, natural spot to spend the afternoon. Natural, yes. Quiet? Definitely not. The place was jammed with backpackers, and while it was quite a beautiful it did not have the "off the beaten path" feeling I expected. Beers and snacks were considerably more expensive than at a restaurant, and the covered platforms available to relax in are quite dirty and in need of repair. The ride out from Vang Vieng town is absolutely beautiful, though, and in an area that is overrun by tourists, if you're looking for a place to have a cool dip with some friends and relax in a beautiful spot and put back a couple of beers and maybe a grilled fish, then it's not a bad spot to visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to cycle to this place which is located about 8km west of the city centre. The road leading us there was rocky & bumpy but at the same time we were treated to gorgeous views of the mountains and rice fields which was definitely worth the ride.

There's a 20,000 kip admission fee upon entering. We decided to head for the cave first. Head torches were available for rental at 10,000 kip but we made use of the torchlight apps from out phones instead, which works fine. The cave was pretty huge and it was rather fun heading deep into it getting a little lost in the process but you can always count on a buddha statue in the cave as a point of reference.

The water in the lagoon wasn't as blue when we were there but it was cold and refreshing at least. There are ropes and huge tree branches for the more adventurous ones to swing on or jump off from.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This was a lovely day out and we could have stayed there all day but some of the tour guides were pressing us to move on- so I would advise that you just pay for a tactic and take all the time you need. Beware of the ice cold water in the blue lagoon, it was a bit of a shock!

1  Thank DanielleH1993