“Yum yum veggie burger!”

Ranked #55 of 87 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Together with this terrace, the beautifully decorated restaurant serves delicious food, including a local and international menu.
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant in the main area of town. I like how you could see the chefs cooking my meal. I'm a veg so the veggie burger on the menu made me so happy and it was spot on delicious! I want another one tonight!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner at The Kitchen and thoroughly enjoyed the Lao dishes we ordered: the papaya salad - if you ask for chilli - they'll give you chilli it's hot, but the good kind where you can't stop eating it. The laap chicken was authentic, the Lao steak was also pretty tasty. Meals were decently sized and very well priced and the staff and service were lovely. It would have been 4 out of 5 except for the stray cats hanging around.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I should preface this review by saying I only went to The Kitchen for coffee and WiFi. While I was in Thakhek, I visited The Kitchen there and the Wifi speed was incredible, but the service was terrible. In Vang Vieng, I found the complete opposite: The Wifi cut out often and was slow, but the staff was excellent and friendly. I really think that this company has a great style, location, and general base, but it has a bit of work to do before it can appeal to the backpacker level of travel.

...and yes, the coffee itself was exceptional (and priced to match).

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Boy did we luck out staying here! We had just arrived from Vientiane and were pretty hungry, sat down to some great drinks, mellow music, and the best spring rolls we've had in Asia!

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Good food served by very friendly staff, good lao steak, price/quality was ok, beautiful location , highly recommanded,