“Supercalafragalistic!”

Chilllao Youth Hostel Guesthouse
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I've been staying for 4 days at the Chilllllllao. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Laura. She explained everything I had available and gave me a cable for internet access and the password to use the service very quickly.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house. ( I have small house)
The bed was one thing that if I could take home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....
Very rich and tasty breakfast next door, I love scrambled eggs,and I found the best around. Chocolate Brioche also were fantastic. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.

On the Wednesday of the week, when I was at Chilllao was ASEM summit ceremony. I saw it at the stadium, Vientiane this was

These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: Checkout any time but let them know first. I leave at 16:00 but put bag in special room first
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Friendly, family run hostel, and great value for money too. The staff are really helpful if you need any assistance or information about anything, and I met a lot of great people just by staying in the dorm. It's also not right next to the main nightlife area, but easily withing walking distance (Vang Vieng is a very small town), that you won't be disturbed by the noise at night. Free wifi, and free coffee in the morning too. What more could you want. Definitely going to stay there again the next time I'm in Vang Vieng! One last thing, the balcony at the back has great views of the sunrise if you're up early..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank simon b
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed there for almost 3 weeks in september. Cheap (especially if you stay for longer), central, clean, very friendly staff and good internet. The owner Terry gives good advice on dos and donts in Vang Vieng and invited me to have fish bbq with his family. Definitely gonna stay there again next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2012

What more do you want? This place had everything a backpacker needs. It was close to some good restaurants and drinking spots, but well enough away for a good nights sleep. The rooms were tidy and the staff friendly and helpful. I would definetly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I have stayed here for many months during high season and the place as well as the people that work there are amazing. For what you pay, you get a lot, and the company and kindness of all the staff just makes it even better. The location is ideal as well, being in the city center, close to all facilities, restaurants, bars, tourist offices, internet cafes etc.

I would definitely recommend Chilllao Guesthouse if you are planning to stay in Vang Vieng, Laos.

I have personally been backpacking for around 2 years, through many different countries, and i've been to many different guesthouses during the time. I am not a high maintenance person who needs luxury in my life and am happy enough with the necessities.

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist to have a look at the rooms first before deciding which one you want!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryuki U
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Fantastic everything!! Big, comfy bed... Amazingly helpful and friendly staff (Terry and wife)... Warm, powerful showers... Poker Tuesdays..... Mr. Chicken across the street.... I miss the heck out of this place!! Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: 208 was my favorite... 1st or 2nd floor if you like to socialize, 3rd if you want more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TeeeG
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Cheap and full of fun sums it up. The thing that first got me was that the front desk was run by a happy Australian! I loved the ease of obtaining answers to my travel questions...... English helps in the travel world. Oh ya, and I checked in at 4am of the late luang prabang bus no problem.

Room Tip: Lower the better for wifi. I higher the better for view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo