“Delicious, great menu! Funky place”
Review of Veggie Tables

Veggie Tables
Ranked #28 of 86 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here more than anywhere else during my stay in Vang Vieng, even my non veggie friends found their meals delicious. Funky veggie and vegan food with a twist. Veggie sausages, veggie pies and loads of healthy dishes too. The staff are really friendly and helpful when your hot and bothered from a day in the sun surrounding our table
With fans. Reasonable cheap food well worth a visit.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We only went there the once and I must admit the food was good and I am a meat eater, staff and manager friendly and chatty, importantly it was reasonably priced.The WiFi in here was fairly fast as others who have used WiFi in Vang Vieng will testify it can be very slow. The Lao beer was cold and we enjoyed the overall experience.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a pumpkin burger and a tofu burger each as well as a tea and a mango lassi. Also tried the spring rolls.
It took a very long time for the food to come out, one of the 3 staff left on his motorbike 3 times while we waited to buy single ingredients... clearly really disorganised. The burgers were completely free of flavour and very dry, each one had a ridiculous amount of lettuce on it, presumably the old trick to make it look bigger. Asked for peanut sauce when we ordered, it came out much later and we had to pay extra for the weird tasting sauce to put on our cold burgers. The chips were soggy and terrible. I saw no evidence of organic ingredients being used. Spring rolls were pretty good. Saw other tables which were getting meals individually at 5-10 minute intervals. Don't go with a group. Our mango lassi was made with unripe mango and was really unappealing. Overpriced as well. Sorry for my harsh criticism but I am a chef. :)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Being a vegetarian was so delighted to see the restaurant. Beyond that the food was great too. The service was nice and friendly and its a nice quiet and peaceful in there.

1  Thank rohankothari
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We've had an amazing experience with this cafe despite all previous bad reviews. As for me this is the best food you can get in Vang Vieng for fairly small price. We've been twice there, first time ordered pesto spaghetti and veggie rice with tofu - was delicious!!! second time soup - the best broth I've had in South Asia. Also they serve cheapest tea and Lao coffee (only 3000 kip). Highly recommend this place!!!

Actually need to mention that tea in Laos is problem (kind of) and doesn't matter where you go (unless its 5 star restaurant) you will get the same Lipton tea only price will be different. So far I've seen Lipton tea at price of 5000 (the most common) and up to 15000 kip. Be aware))

1  Thank sheremetushka