“One of the best in Vang Vieng”
Review of Il Tavolo

Il Tavolo
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We went there at dinner. Really nice Italian flavours. There's not much in Vang Vieng to eat then this rest was pretty good experience. And a lovely surprise. The owner are good people from Italia. Recommended

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

And behind the CIA airstrip, away from the mainstream tourist trail of the village, there lies one which is probably among if not the best Italian restaurant in Lao PDR. Probably one of the best pizzas ever; seriously. We also had the pasta and was great. Other specialties looked good. Great ambience! All at Lao prices too. A definite must try.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 7.30pm. No pizza to be had. Unfortunately the front of house was having a bad night and man did we know it. He was not friendly and growling at his staff. We all 3 of us ordered pasta and we all are our dishes separately. Maybe it was just one of those nights.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I know all the reviews say it, but this place is phenomenal! The food is so good and the pizzas are made fresh on order. It's more expensive compared to the other restaurants but worth every kip! Nice ambience, the staff/owners are great, and everything on the menu is delicious. Ive been here several times and it's never disappointed. Just heads up, I believe they are closed on Wednesday's!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Who would have thought I'd have the best pizza in my life from an Italian restaurant in Laos? Certainly not me! I'm always a little skeptical when I see so many 5 stars reviews of a place. Was I ever wrong!

This place is incredible!! As others pointed out, the restaurant is owned by a father and son team from Italy. How they made their way to Vang Vieng is still a bit of a mystery, but they certainly brought lots of Italy with them!

With all the great reviews on TA we were excited to try this place as it was nearly next door to our hotel. We were disappointed on our first night at the hotel when we went to IL Tavolo to discover they are closed on Wednesdays! A true shame. Had they been open on Wednesday, we would have eaten dinner there 3 times instead of just 2!

The pizza is simply out of this world delicious! I've never been to Italy in my 62 years on this planet, but I can say this is the best pizza I've ever had in my life! And I've eaten a lot of pizza in my days.

Our first night, we ordered 2 pizzas, one a spicy salami, which the son responded, "Good choice" and a Hawaiian at which the son responded with a raised eyebrow! Apparently pineapple on a pizza is sacrilegious in Italy! We had a good laugh over that and after our first bite of the spicy salami, we agreed that pineapple has no place on a true Italian pizza. The flavor of the sauce and spices are just unlike anything you find at your fast food pizza places. There is no comparison!

On our second night we intended to have 1 pizza and then order lasagna or another dish to try some of the other wonderful looking options on the menu. Unfortunately, after finishing the Four Cheese pizza we couldn't stop ourselves and had to have another pizza. Not wanting to take anything for chance, we asked the son to make us another pizza of his own choice. He seemed to like this idea and asked us if we liked spicy. We do and he said he knew "Just the thing!" His father had just recently returned from Italy and brought back with him some special spicy sausage from southern Italy. It had an incredible flavor unlike any sausage I've ever tasted.

According to the son, who we talked with at length, all the cheeses and meats on their pizza's are imported from Italy and you'll notice the difference immediately. After we finished our second meal, the son poured us a complimentary shot of Limoncello that they make on site. Another incredible new flavor. This is truly 5 star dining! If they ever decide to open franchises, Pizza Hut and Domino's are going out of business!

If you're coming to Vang Vieng, I'll assume you're coming for the IL Tavolo Italian restaurant, but don't worry, there's other stuff to do during the day while you're waiting for the restaurant to open!!

Do not miss this place! Your taste buds will thank you!