“Cheaper rooms are poor value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lin Thar Oo Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ngapali
Lin Thar Oo Lodge
Ranked #1 of 7 Ngapali B&B and Inns
Ko Phi Phi Le, Thailand
“Cheaper rooms are poor value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for four nights and the new road construction keeps you awake with horn blasting and traffic noise. The staff work tirelessly to keep mopping the floors covered in a layer of sand that comes under the door. Yes it goes over your luggage as there are no tables to put your case or backpack on. The rooms are large with a nice balcony. Breakfast is buffet style and ample with good service. The better lunch dinner options are along the beach. I had ordered a meal in the hotel restaurant and it never arrived so I used the beach which was better and cheaper. There are a band of dogs on the beach which crap just in front of the hotel and I did see them chasing fishermen and lady tourists. There are a number of other options so research well before choosing this one

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank harleysargeuk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sarasota, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

If you’re doing “budget” (or what passes for “budget” these days in Burma), Lin Thar Oo is the place to do it! We didn’t stay directly on the beach (but we did see those rooms and they are GORGEOUS and well worth the price) but we stayed in 2 story structure just behind the front bungalows. The room was sparse but clean. A little luggage rack or table would have rounded it out. No wifi but pop down to the May 18 store in town for some really inexpensive wifi and brutally strong coffee.

Breakfasts weren’t anything great (for my tastes), but all of the food off the menu was truly fantastic. If you go up the beach to eat, stop at the first restaurant on the beach, Mother, and tell Zaw Zaw hello from Lauren!

The staff was very nice, and in fact, their kindness brought me to tears our last morning. There’s a posse of dogs that hangs out around LinThar Oo, and all of them are so, so sweet but a couple were pretty mangy. The last morning we were there I saw a staff member actually medicating the dogs, applying lotion to them and rubbing it in. Any hotel that does that is a 5-star establishment in my book, hands down. (p.s. see if you can spot the dog that I think is a dead ringer for Ryan Gosling [photo attached]).

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Note:: The rooms at the back of the property (near the road) are VERY loud. I’d totally recommend splurging and getting a beach-side room. We viewed both types and the beach rooms are wonderful (though we stayed in the cheaper rooms with the back facing the loud road).

The restaurant is really good, but I’d have to recommend going down the beach to Mother’s beach stall. Cheaper and just as good. I wish the hotel had wifi and am sure that will come in the near future.

The area of the beach is nice and not overly crowded. I’d recommend to the management to have some umbrellas for people to sit under in the afternoon hot sun--though they have nice lounge chairs, there are no umbrellas.

My personal favorite part of the hotel is the fact that they have some nice beach dogs. Some of the dogs have a little mange, but the hotel staff treat them with medicine (special bath). I think that is SO incredibly kind to the dogs. Wonderful people!!!

Note: I hate to say it but there was one woman at the front desk that was quite sour and not at all polite. For the entire 5 days of our stay she didn't smile once and was not particularly gracious or kind to us as guests. Maybe she was just going through a rough patch in her life, but as the main person at the reception desk I hope for better service than she provided. I hate to say this as EVERYONE in Burma is SO nice, I just happen not be thrilled with the service she provided.

5 Thank BJ G
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a solo traveler for 1 night in a beach from cottage (I paid $75 a night --- down from $95).

Electricity ran from 6pm to 6am which was a bit annoying when I needed to charge batteries and phones. They did have it in the main reception it seems as they had music playing.

No Wifi!!!! For that price I would expect wifi in the rooms!!! I had to walk up the road to a restaurant (Htay Htay's Kitchen) where I used free wifi while I had a drink or meal.

Laundry was a headache-- I gave my very lightweight cotton clothes at 12 noon, expecting to pick them up at 7pm. Originally they said it would be the following day in the evening but I needed them same day since I was leaving the next morning. I had requested only to wash and air dry,no iron. At 7:30pm they had not finished them!!! They said sorry but the next night!!!! I was furious since they had had all day and I could have air dried them myself in the sun!!! So they gave me back my clothes all wet!!!! I then hung them out and they were still damp when I had to leave in the morning. They were not apologetic at all. And the laundry service was double what I had paid at other hotels in Myanmar. Disappointing.

There were huge (!!!) and many mosquitoes in my bathroom and room. They sprayed some insect killer in the bathroom in the evening but they didn't spray enough, as the mosquitoes came right back! I borrowed the spray and after reading the can, sprayed it myself and then it seemed to work as they were gone until the next day.

They had the usual toiletries--soap, shampoo, toothbrush and paste, cotton buds. Towels were a bit old but fine. Sheets seemed clean. At my request, they brought and hung a mosquito net
over my bed which was a relief after seeing the size of the mosquitoes and wondering how I would sleep. I had two twin beds and air con , but I did not need the air con. At my request, they brought me a fan to use instead. There was also a mini fridge in room. The room was rather dark and could use more lights. Two bottles of water came with the room.

Shower had hot water and I found the water pressure and temperature to be fine.

I like the porch in front of the room, as there were two chairs and a drying rack to hang towels or clothes on. The porch faces the beach and there were lots of hard wooden lounge chairs to use along the beach area for guests. Not enough shade though and I didn't see any umbrellas to use. The beach front rooms get lots of afternoon sun on the porches. They do put mosquito coils on the porch in the evening.

Breakfast was average-- coffee, tea, juice, eggs made to order, toast, or thin pancake(made to order), some cut up fruit, some Chinese looking foods or Myanmar foods-- some sweet sticky rice-like treats,etc.

They do include free pick up from the airport or from a different hotel if you are already in the town and they also include your return trip back to the airport which was very convenient!

The manager was very friendly and nice. He was willing to give
me a better price on the rooms and also dropped me off in the town when I needed a ride.

I would stay here again, as the location on the beach was perfect. It's also just a 5 min walk up to the small "town" with a few restaurants and a shop or two. I felt safe on my own as a single female traveler. Take a flashlight too.

Also--depending on your check out time in the morning, be sure to pack at night!! Since the electricity ends at 6am the room can still be dark and hard to see before 7am!

• Stayed January 2014
4 Thank ozzykhk
oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We hadn't planned to stay so long, but ended up here for 7 days because it's such an easy place to chill out and ticked all the boxes for us, even if it was over our $35 a night budget.

We had a $65 bungalow, which was one back from the beach but this really didn't matter at all. It was really big with 2 single beds and a lovely bathroom, with extras like toothbrushes, soap, cotton buds etc. It was super clean and they cleaned the room every day, with fresh sheets and towels! Hot water came and went but it didnt matter and there was enough for 2 not so lingering showers.

The buffet breakfast was a real treat, with noodles, rice etc and also the usual toast and eggs with the added bonus that you can eat as much as you like!

The location is perfect, right on the beach with a great restaurant serving really cheap great food (cheaper than the shacks down the road!). Shame the sunbeds don't have cushions but the sand is just as comfy!

The staff are super friendly and helpful and especially the Manager who always seemed to be there to help us when we had a question.

We'd highly recommend this as compared to the other hotels along that way its a bargain but you still get the same service and have the same amazing view!

Room Tip: If you are planning on staying for a few days, see if they will give you a discount.
1 Thank AMOSOxford
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked a seaview duplex bungalow at 95 $ (without trying to bargain) via the reception of our choice hotel, which unfortunately was fully booked. The room was basic and clean, with a great and almost unobstructed view of the bay. The staff was professional and very helpful. They helped us change our flight to a day earlier because of the odds of missing our international connection in Yangon. Transfer to and from the airport is standard and free of charge for most of the hotels, but we didn’t know that upon arrival, so check your booking for that.
The location of the hotel was perfect, close to the village center and close to the private beachside restaurants and massage places. The hotel has a restaurant and serves a nice breakfast buffet.
Electricity is available form 6 pm to 6 am, so the airconditioning and fridge only work between those times. Wifi is not available, but the manager was considering it, so that might change soon.
Lin Thar Oo was a very friendly place to spend a stay that was much too short.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SybrenWiersma
Gove, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I arrived in the low season and managed to barter for the beachside cottage. $40 but normally $55. The room was beautiful but the limited electricity (6pm to 6am) was at times a little frustrating. The hotel was undergoing some significant extensions so will be much larger by the end of the peak season. Very quiet and relaxing feel with a great location but the staff seemed less than happy to provide any assistance or advice.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for the beachside cottages, they are much more modern and comfortable. If i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo